40 Days of Gratitude: My Very Own Dear Litster Thread

Day 12 - Barefootgirl69

Many of you don't know, that back in the summer of '98 BFG and myself had a torrid affair. We would meet every night on a 35' sailboat I had moored off the west coast near San Diego and make passionate love for hours....

I may have exaggerated that just a little (the part about the affair and making love and the sailboat may be embellishment), but she really is one of the first people I connected with emotionally here, and have always felt close to. Thank you for not taking me too seriously and for knowing when to give me some pity laughs so I don't cry.

But seriously, thank you for being you:rose:

Joe- this is hands down my favorite thread on lit.
I love learning about how you interpret the litsters I also love and appreciate. It's just so damn beautiful. And vulnerable.
Thanks for opening up and sharing. Keep it up :kiss:

(PS- how long are you in Vegas? I fly in tonight, too)

Day 13 - Penuche

I imagine most people weren't aware of the hurdles you faced in your life. I won't share your private business here, suffice it to say they were significant, but you always had a brave face and bright smile (well, mostly :) ) when you were here.

Thank you for giving us all someone to model ourselves after. You really are giving us all something to strive for :rose:

Forever rest in peace sweet friend.

Day 13 - Penuche

I imagine most people weren't aware of the hurdles you faced in your life. I won't share your private business here, suffice it to say they were significant, but you always had a brave face and bright smile (well, mostly :) ) when you were here.

Thank you for giving us all someone to model ourselves after. You really are giving us all something to strive for :rose:

She was a wonderful friend to me and I thank you for these words.:rose:

Day 13 - Penuche

Beautifully expressed.

Day 13 - Penuche

Without any doubt Penuche was one of the rarest of gems and made this place a lot better for her presence. You've honored her here and made me remember once again that she left us all far to early and how special she was. Good for you IJ.

Day 14 - pocketpixie28

Have you ever had a friend who puts the entire world into perspective, seemingly effortlessly? The one who just keeps trucking, when by all rights they should be treating themselves to a week long nap? That friend who doesn't think anything about preparing an entire weeks worth of meals ahead of time because they are that put together?

I know I have said it before, but I will gladly say it again; I don't know how you do it. I wonder how much I could get done, and where I would be, if I had half of your determination. I'm constantly amazed by what you accomplish, and stand in awe of your drive (he said while sipping coffee with homemade creamer in it ) :rose:

Ladies, you have a little less than a month to make the list. You need to get to flashing. That is how I made it on

Day 15 - Hornblende

I challenge anyone to give me reason to doubt your honor or sincerity. You are truly a gentleman's gentleman and I'm honored to be able to share this little space of the universe with you on occasion. Thank you for rising above the mess that is sometimes Lit; it's good to know there are still fine men out there who choose the high road.
Many thanks-

Day 15 - Hornblende

I challenge anyone to give me reason to doubt your honor or sincerity. You are truly a gentleman's gentleman and I'm honored to be able to share this little space of the universe with you on occasion. Thank you for rising above the mess that is sometimes Lit; it's good to know there are still fine men out there who choose the high road.
Many thanks-

I'm truly honoured to make the list, thank you Joe! In particular I'm looking forward to the red-carpet ceremony at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles - this is happening, right? :D. I'll have to wear a mask, though....;)

Day 16 - Italiansexylady

If ever there was an example of a mom that's just killing it, you are definitely it. I was glad to know that the insanity of parenting isn't confined to my house and I remain steadfastly impressed at the poise with which you seem to handle it all with.

Your username seems to sum it up pretty well, but also thank you for allowing me the opportunity to peek into your life, it's truly been a pleasure:rose:

Also, if you're ever in the Denver area, I'm taking you to a dueling piano bar. I'm throwing down a challenge, and we'll play for pinks ;)

Day 17 - AKentuckyLady

You have always been one of those people I wish I could meet in real life. The conversations we have shared reveal such a level of intellect on your part, I can't help but wonder where a chat would take us in a less controlled environment.

Thanks for the laughs, your perspective on all the ridiculous things I've asked you over the years, and for keeping me in line when I needed it. You truly are a peach:rose:

Day 18 - SMNaughtywife

At the risk of sounding creepy, I have to admit that though we drifted on our separate paths, I've saved a few of your older messages because they are funny as hell and can still make me laugh. Thanks for the laughs, they came at a time when they were really needed. Also, thanks for letting me run behind you:rose:

Day 17 - AKentuckyLady

You have always been one of those people I wish I could meet in real life. The conversations we have shared reveal such a level of intellect on your part, I can't help but wonder where a chat would take us in a less controlled environment.

Thanks for the laughs, your perspective on all the ridiculous things I've asked you over the years, and for keeping me in line when I needed it. You truly are a peach:rose:

Thank you for the sweet words, and eventually we'll find time for lunch! :)

Day 18 - SMNaughtywife

At the risk of sounding creepy, I have to admit that though we drifted on our separate paths, I've saved a few of your older messages because they are funny as hell and can still make me laugh. Thanks for the laughs, they came at a time when they were really needed. Also, thanks for letting me run behind you:rose:

I’m glad the messages are still around to lighten up life. A quote I live by,
“The words you speak become the house you live in.” - Hafiz
Take care sweet man. 💋

Day 19 - CurvyAngel1969

First, a sincere apology for all the drama that seemed to follow our friendship.... what can I say, I'm something of a drama queen. Sorry, not sorry :)

Thanks for being my friend even when I far from deserved it. I'm not the easiest person to get along with but you put in more effort than I would have for myself, and for that I am forever in your debt. You truly are an angel :rose:

Day 16 - Italiansexylady

If ever there was an example of a mom that's just killing it, you are definitely it. I was glad to know that the insanity of parenting isn't confined to my house and I remain steadfastly impressed at the poise with which you seem to handle it all with.

Your username seems to sum it up pretty well, but also thank you for allowing me the opportunity to peek into your life, it's truly been a pleasure:rose:

Also, if you're ever in the Denver area, I'm taking you to a dueling piano bar. I'm throwing down a challenge, and we'll play for pinks ;)

IslandJoe,
Your words humble me and during some recent days where I question if I'm really even having success, I come here and read this and it made me smile.
Thank you. I'm truly honored and glad to know you, friend :rose:

Ps- I am down for a piano challenge....you better be ready......and afraid ;) heehee

Day 20 - Tolyk

When I was encouraged to start my own photography thread by a friend here, I wasn't real sure about what direction I wanted to go, or how best to frame my work and in what context. I happened upon your photography page one day, and have literally spent days browsing it.

Everything about it draws me in. Not just the photos themselves, but your descriptions too. I took a lot of your techniques and made them my own, for both my thread here and elsewhere.... imitation being the sincerest form of flattery and whatnot, I wanted you to know that I happily direct anybody who asks about my pics to you.

Thanks for your insight and unknowing guidance, ISO appreciate it.

Such a beautiful idea. ❤️

Thank you. It was time.

Very worthwhile reading.. thank you

I'm glad you're finding some value in it. I hope everyone else does too.

What a beautiful thread. 💟

I'm very pleased you found your way here, thank you.

Love this thread 💜

I hope it gives you a bit of light every day.

Hmm... interesting concept Islandjoe.

Testing it out, seeing how it fly's.

Joe- this is hands down my favorite thread on lit.
I love learning about how you interpret the litsters I also love and appreciate. It's just so damn beautiful. And vulnerable.
Thanks for opening up and sharing. Keep it up :kiss:

We probably all have very similar thoughts, I just have the time to put them to paper. Thank you.

Of course you would mention my babies lol. Thanks hun

Well, they are your kids and pretty important to you I gathered.

Well thanks for the kind words Island Joe :eek: but surely someone’s going to pick up that other shoe and drop it on me anytime now…;) :D
(

There's no other shoe, only good things to say about you.

Thank you. You are the absolutely the sweetest :heart:

Hope it made you smile, at least for a short while.

I'm truly honoured to make the list, thank you Joe! In particular I'm looking forward to the red-carpet ceremony at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles - this is happening, right? :D. I'll have to wear a mask, though....;)

This is totally happening. The invites in the mail, I'm sure.

Thank you for the sweet words, and eventually we'll find time for lunch! :)

I'm holding you to this.

I’m glad the messages are still around to lighten up life.

Like I would ever purge you *eyeroll*

Thank you. I'm truly honored and glad to know you, friend :rose:
Ps- I am down for a piano challenge....you better be ready......and afraid ;) heehee

I'm not afraid, I accepted my own limitations long ago.... I'll just play until my nails bleed and hope it's enough to drive home in your car ;)

Day 21 - Scout44

How remiss would I be if I failed to mention this amazing woman? Very remiss, because once upon a time, when I was in a very dark place (depressed, not a cave) she was able to pull me up by my bootstraps and give the world light again. No small feat, but one I am beholden to her for.

Thank you for not only your support as a dear friend, but for teaching me about a lot of things I would still be ignorant about if not for your enthusiasm in sharing what you enjoyed; not only did it help me out personally, but it helped my son and I bond, and that's worth more than anything.

Now, back to my collection of misshapen ashtrays and salad bowls. Take care little bird:rose:

Day 22 - SassySheDevil

I've always thought the world of you, and even though I have a horrible way of showing it I have always thought I should try to be more like you. You have so much love, and such a huge heart, to share with anybody who needs it, even if they may on occasion not deserve it. You're always willing to put yourself out there for the sake of a friend, putting their own needs before your own. If the world had a few sets of you about, we'd all be in a better place.

Thanks for telling me what I needed to hear, whether I liked it or not. I'll always be grateful for that. Now.... where's my chapstick:rose:

I have subscribed to this thread because I really enjoy everything you post here. A lot of people are taken for granted and this is a wonderful way to show that special person and everyone else how much someone means to you. Especially, before it's too late.

Thank you, Islandjoe. I'll check in tomorrow to read about the next person that has touched your life in their own special way.

Back