Pmann wants to talk mental health

It’s nice to see people openly talking about this stuff. Maybe people can be a bit more sympathetic just having been exposed to it. I was honestly quite judgmental of it until I experienced it. I think in comparison, my bouts were quite mild. Nevertheless, they sucked the big green weenie. Unfortunately, thoughts are our worst enemies sometimes.

Also, doc says no cure for chronic masturbation.

I don't necessarily agree with that... I've had therapy from both licensed psychologists and MSWs, and the latter have been much better, imo. And I would love to do an MSW degree someday myself, so I've looked into them extensively. I'm not sure what a clinical MSW program has that a program for licensed psychologists doesn't. What are the differences that you've seen in qualifications? (My therapy experience is all US based, though I've looked at MSW programs in Canada & the UK as well.)
I have a counseling MSW that I have never used as I went to law school right after and found it to be more my speed. I went though the clinical protocol and I found it severely lacking. Most counseling psych programs require a PhD which takes years. An MSW can be had in 2 and possibly 11/2.

I have had quite the opposite experience. My clinical psychologist would take notes and have structured baselines and goals. My MSW level counseling professional felt more life coachy. Also I think a psychologist is better suited for those borderline cases where medication is a potential solution in addition to talk therapy.

Again my experience only. :)

But I just dumped my life savings into this venture.... I was going to make dozens of dollars, damnit

at-last-a-cure

It’s nice to see people openly talking about this stuff. Maybe people can be a bit more sympathetic just having been exposed to it. I was honestly quite judgmental of it until I experienced it. I think in comparison, my bouts were quite mild. Nevertheless, they sucked the big green weenie. Unfortunately, thoughts are our worst enemies sometimes.

Confusious say “have more sex” to defeat the evil masturbation habit.

I’ve found that the only thing that cures my masturbation is manually extracting my own semen several times a day. It curbs it for a few hours.
You haven't automated that functionality of your life yet?
C'mon man... If Roomba can figure out how to vacuum without humans, surely there's a masturbatory equivalent.

You haven't automated that functionality of your life yet?
C'mon man... If Roomba can figure out how to vacuum without humans, surely there's a masturbatory equivalent.

The toys exist to automate the process. But that takes the human interaction out of sexual gratification. And masturbation already takes out 50% of the humans involved in sex (unless you’re cool and your percentage changes based on my participants).

Also, they’re expensive and I already have some and they aren’t all amazing.

I can tell you what doesn’t extract it well… the Theragun. It is NOT similar to the Hitachi. It treats your dick like it’s on the Sopranos.

The toys exist to automate the process. But that takes the human interaction out of sexual gratification. And masturbation already takes out 50% of the humans involved in sex (unless you’re cool and your percentage changes based on my participants).

Also, they’re expensive and I already have some and they aren’t all amazing.

I can tell you what doesn’t extract it well… the Theragun. It is NOT similar to the Hitachi. It treats your dick like it’s on the Sopranos.
That's one way to distribute semen. Not effective as it's all internal damage, but I admire the dedication to the pursuit of knowledge (and .. Pleasure?)

That's one way to distribute semen. Not effective as it's all internal damage, but I admire the dedication to the pursuit of knowledge (and .. Pleasure?)

Normal toy battery died. That was near and I thought it would do. It did. It did something. It was like Mike Tyson beating up on the most gorgeous penis one has ever seen.

I wish I could put into words the absolute screaming rage I feel every moment of every day. It never stops. Never.

Dealing with people on any level is pure outright full scale torture.

I absolutely fucking thoroughly despise every waking (and non-waking ) moment.

I wish I could put into words the absolute screaming rage I feel every moment of every day. It never stops. Never.

Dealing with people on any level is pure outright full scale torture.

I absolutely fucking thoroughly despise every waking (and non-waking ) moment.

At first I thought you said you despise every non-wanking moment. And I was right there with you, annoyed AF at the moments where I'm not wanking. Then I realized, "Hey, he said waking. That's sad."

I realize you hate people, or at least you claim to hate people. But what I don't understand is why you would come to a forum where the entire goal is interacting and forming relationships. Have you ever formed a relationship or friendship here?

At some point, you do have to accept the role you play in the misery around you. Perhaps you've had awful circumstances. I know very little about you except that you hate people and like to brag about that very fact. You seem to almost embrace the unhappiness, something that I don't quite understand.

Is your goal to achieve happiness?

Again, realizing what role you play in all of this may be important. Dr. Pmann prescribes one shot of this...

Take as often as tolerated

At first I thought you said you despise every non-wanking moment. And I was right there with you, annoyed AF at the moments where I'm not wanking. Then I realized, "Hey, he said waking. That's sad."

I realize you hate people, or at least you claim to hate people. But what I don't understand is why you would come to a forum where the entire goal is interacting and forming relationships. Have you ever formed a relationship or friendship here?

At some point, you do have to accept the role you play in the misery around you. Perhaps you've had awful circumstances. I know very little about you except that you hate people and like to brag about that very fact. You seem to almost embrace the unhappiness, something that I don't quite understand.

Is your goal to achieve happiness?

Again, realizing what role you play in all of this may be important. Dr. Pmann prescribes one shot of this...

Take as often as tolerated
Ouch.

... you weren't total piece of shit, but then you demonstrated you were.

That's fair if you think that. I can't control what you think about me, nor does it matter. But you seem to consistently disparage other people and dwell on how miserable you are. Like an addict, we all have to want help enough to actually adapt our behaviour and accept responsibility for our role in our place in life. Some people get dealt really shit hands. Some people get dealt fantastic hands. I have no idea what yours is.

However, you have to accept the fact that you are ultimately responsible for your happiness. No one else can do it. Coming here and telling us how awful humans are and how shitty everyone is does nothing to fix the issue or promote your end goal. People have been kind to you here in this thread and you mostly rebuff every attempt people made to reach out.

There is a point where the problem is simply you, not circumstances. If you think human connection is worthless (which I don't buy), you believe their is no hope, happiness is unattainable, etc., then the problem shifts from circumstances to you. That is when someone becomes truly unreachable. No one can force you into peace.

Something that is often overlooked is trauma response. People take it personally when a person panics/withdraws, when 99% of the response has nothing to do with them. If you're dealing with someone who has been victimized/has abandonment issues, they carry that baggage with them. Always. Sometimes it's lighter and sometimes it's crushing. It takes a lot of time to build trust with someone who is fighting demons.

In my 20s I was determined to become friends with J. At the time I didn't know that she had suffered extremely traumatic physical/sexual/mental abuse at the hands of her entire birth family. We'd have good weeks and bad weeks. Several times I almost gave up because she kept pushing me away. Eventually I earned her trust and she told me about what she experienced. Her abusers were so awful she changed her name and moved away and they still found her and broke into her apartment and trashed it. Twenty years later, she's one of my best friends and is better at contacting me than I am about contacting her. There are occasions when she withdraws again, but I know it has nothing to do with me.

Due to past circumstances, I have trust issues. I do my best to trust, but I also have knee jerk reactions that come from 40+ years of life experience. When someone tells me I should be able to choose to trust, I feel like my friend who was told he was an alcoholic because he didn't have enough faith in God. That's not how this works at all. You can't overcome trauma/addiction/depression/chemical imbalances/insert_issue_here with sheer willpower.

If you want to read more about trauma responses: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK207191/

On Nikki's recommendation, I've ordered the book The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk. It's fascinating the way the psychological affects our physical health.

Back