IC Not so normal day

Oh he could kick himself, it was a remark, not a statement.

"Actually yes, but I have not yet mastered the art, but I am allowed to go on "missions""

He grinned,

"And no I can't fly or disappear in a cloud of smoke."

He pulled the hood of his hoodie back on,

"I wil slip out to the maintenance building, open the door, check if it's safe, then cause another distraction. They seem to like bright light, so let's just say that we follow the same plan, you hear a second explosion, one of you slip out, the second one waits for three seconds and follow."

He paused,

"If you don't find me at the door, go inside and lock it, I will make my way into the building if I'm a bit bogged down."

He held out his hand to Mazie for the key.

Mazie nodded and handed him the key and stuck her tongue out at him and decided to join in on the smartassery a bit.

"I never said you could, and just cuz you're a ninja don't mean you're better than us so don't go and get a big head over it. Now let's kick us some monster ass."

She moved into position behind Lily and then spoke to the two of them in her most authoritarian voice:

"You two better run and fight like you've never run or fought before, because if you guys are gonna lecture me about no one getting left behind, then you sure as hell better not half ass this and get us all killed. Cuz if you do half-ass it and we live, I will make you choose a scar from my left leg and recreate the injury I got it from and give you a matching one. And trust me, you won't like that at all. So let's get the lead out people!"

Her last statement was one of mere enthusiasm, but she hoped that the threat in the rest of her speech was enough to get their blood pumping.

He chuckled,

"Just wait for tthe second explosion."

He slipped out of the door, creeping along to the maintenance building, he stuck to the shadows and what cover there was in the immaculate tended grounds. Finding the door that Lily had spoken about and quickly unlocked it. He slipped inside, after a quick inspection he found the building to be empty. He slipped outside, leaving the key in the back of the door. He crossed the yard leading to the male dorms, a cry and soon he had some of the creatures running after him in their shambling way. He reached the building, still runing he hit the wall. He was sure that it had to look like he was running up the wall, but it was momentum carrying him. With a push of his slipping feet he got hold of the balcony, he looked down to see the creatures gargling and milling about to get at him. He pulled himself onto the balcony, drew a vial and dropped it onto one of the creatures. An explosion followed and he chuckled, then he waited, some creatures moved from the grounds to the fire, he picked out a rather big football jock and tossed the second vial. Another fire started and he turned, runnning down the hallway. A door opened at the end of the hallway and two creatures came out. He slid to a stop, from his back under the hoodie he drew a ninjato then he charged, the two creatures came at him. Right down the middle of them he ran, when he dove through the window, two bodies fell headless to the ground. He landed on his feet, tucked and rolled, the sword held out to one side to prevent injury. He got up and made a dash for the maintenance building, sword still in hand.

She was about to say something but Andrew had already left, looking behind at Mazie she gave a steady nod. Lilly knew she could run, one of the fastest in this school but she always thought it was a useless skill till now.

She heard the first explosion and put her hand on the door waiting, taking a series of steady breaths she waited ... it seemed forever till the next explosion happened. Pushing the door open with force she began running.

Lilly could feel Mazie behind her, keeping her attention on the maintenance building she continued running, the base ball bat slightly hitting her back as it sat in the rucksack, gazing around she noticed that the numbers had increased.

The maintenance building was in her sight when a thing appeared in front of it, "Shit." she muttered but picked up her pace. Time to show them what you got girl, she thought to herself before running, and slamming the thing's head sideways with a kick, hearing the snap echo she couldn't help but grin the herself.

Opening the door she began inspecting the building once more, 'nothing' she placed her rucksack down, taking out the baseball bat she held it next to her as she inspected the security system, "Easy." she chuckled, the principal never understood how people could hack into this, but please it was their own fault for installing something a toddler could undo.

Mazie stuck as close behind Lily as she could without endangering either of them and was satisfied with the other girl's performance. She was a bit disappointed that Lily got first crack at one of the monsters but knew that her skill would come more in handy when they had to fend off more than one or two of the creatures. Once they were both inside the building, Mazie removed the key from the door and locked it back as per Andrew's instructions.

"You know, if you tighten up your bag some more, it won't bounce as much. The bouncing is what slows you down the most."

Mazie kept her guard up and looked out for Andrew while Lily worked with the security system. For all they knew, there could be creatures waiting to attack at any moment. She pulled the gun out of her pocket but did not turn off the safety or hold it in firing position yet.

Lilly looked to Mazie as she sat in front of the computer, "He does like playing Ninja doesn't he?"

Bringing up a number of screens in front of her she brought up security camera's throughout the school and surrounding areas. She had been warned previously by her parents not to do this stuff again but being in the situation they were she didn't care.

"Ok so it seems the security gates are in lock down like we expected.." she unconsciously pointed to one of the screens..." Also seems most of the students are wandering outside, Dorms are only the empty buildings so far."

Scanning the screens she smiled, "There is our Ninja." she pointed to another screen, pulling her ponytail out she brushed back her hair and knotted it into a plait tying it she turned in the chair to Mazie, "I'll remember about the rucksack." she smiled.

Mazie smiled at the girl and leaned on the nearby wall to see the various monitors

"That is some serious techno-ninja shit right there. What's with all the ninjas? Do you guys have some sort of secret club or something, because that just seems too damn perfect to be coincidence."

"well ... I'm definitely no ninja but...."

Lilly turned and chuckled pulling out her cell she showed Mazie a video of a old teacher and student getting very close and personal.

"It was easy to get it up on the big screen." she shrugged her shoulders before turning back to the monitors.
She remembered the principal calling an assembly only they didn't know she had hacked the laptop and updated the presentation to something more educational.

She focused her attention back on the screens, "Ok i will try and see if there is any other way in getting us out but it seems we will have to rely on the key as we originally planned."

Mazie balked at the footage Lily showed her and shook her head wildly for a moment to expel the images.

"I have an idea. It probably won't work, but it might be a decent backup plan if we can't find the security key."

"I think we need all the ideas we can get.." Lily peeled herself away from the computer screens and looked at Mazie.

She could hear the echo's of moans and screams from outside but she was keeping a close eye on Andrew from the corner of her eye.

"Well if we need a distraction I can always set off the fire alarm and sprinklers in one of the buildings maybe the noise will distract them." she pointed to the closed door.

"Your idea is a lot better than mine. But I was referring to that thing you guys said we needed to get off the grounds. As long as the fence isn't electrified, me or Andrew could probably climb over it. I think you should be able to too, but I don't know all of what you can do yet. Even if you can't, one of us could just climb over first, then the other would help you over and then climb over themselves. It's kinda childish, but if anything, at least it's a workable last resort."

Mazie heard more of the creatures and held her gun up in firing position. She didn't know if they were actually in any(more) danger yet, but she preferred to be safe rather than sorry.

"It is a good idea, after all it could save us some time and trying to get the gates open..."

Lilly turned and looked back at the screens, "I can probably shut down the electric for a good 15 minutes but then it would switch back on, well supposedly, you can't guarantee these things."

Tapping her foot she moved the base ball bat closer, "I can climb the fence and looking from the security cameras none of those things are outside, at the moment..." she sighed rubbing her temple.

"We should see what Andrew thinks when he comes, looking from these screens it seems he is enjoying killing them one by one."

Lilly admitted to herself that watching him on the screen it seemed like he was a Ninja cutting down anything in his way, she could only watch in amazement.

Mazie rolled her eyes.

"Figures he'd take his sweet time instead of getting his ass back here to help with our next strategy."

Mazie moved to Lily's other side and leaned back against the wall once again.

"The electricity could be a problem for you two. Depending on how strong it is, I might be able to take it enough to help you two over before it cuts back on."

Reaching the building he found the door closed, it meant the girls was there, he whirled to decapitate another creature, slid the sword back into it's sheath, withdrew the claws and ran to the side, using a window for a boost he climbed up to the second floor, breaking a window with his elbow he climbed inside, but did not put away the claws just yet. He started searching for the girls and found them at the security computer, clearly Lily had hacked in. He grinned,

"A baseball bat wielding hacker and a gun toting artist, you two are full of surprises."

He scanned the monitors and listened to their ideas, he nodded as he thought,

"I think it would be best to get the gates open..."

He pointed at one screen,

"There, I don't know how they got caught in there, but that is the guards or what's left of them."

The guards was shambeling around inside a darkened room, looking at the camera location, Andrew consulted a map on the wall,

"They actually are where they should be, in the security barracks there in the corner of the grounds. If we can get hold of their cards, we will get the gates open, I'm pretty sure about that."

"So all we need to do is get to the guards without being caught, kill them all, and steal their security cards, right?"

Andrew nodded,

"That is a plan, unless Lily can crack the codes needed to open the gate. Or we can do it Batman style. Lily can do the Oracle thing, you can be Batwoman and I Robin."

He grinned,

"Do as I do and you will make it."

He chuckled,

"Or we can stick together, make our way along the fence to the building and try and kill nine flesh eating crazy asses in confined space."

Lilly chuckled, "Ok Batman & Robin how about this?"

she brought up a new screen and CCTV camera's, "How about i cause the fire alarm to go off in the south building, which should draw most of those things to it, whilst you and Robin go and get the security cards?"

The security guards were still shuffling aimlessly around.

"I can stay here and try hacking in, but it will take time and I don't think it is time we could waste. So if you two go and get the key's I can stay and watch here and if i cant hack it in time i can come and meet you at the gate."

Lilly looked at them both.

Mazie smirked and struck a confident pose as she spoke.

"Works for me. I've been itching to kick some zombie ass and actually do something useful."

He looked at the monitors, then started scouting around, opening drawers, cabinets and even locckers. Disappointed he returned to the two girls,

"Right, Mazie, you place your cellphone on vibrate and give your number to Lily. Lily when you see that we are heading for definate danger, you phone her. I was hoping here would be one-way radios, but my luck will never be that good."

He pulled a few vials from his pockets, emptied the bag he was carrying, slipping it from his shoulder, he slipped the hoodie off, revealing the two ninjatos strapped to his back and a scythe like weapon strapped to the small of his back, from inside the hoodie he drew shuriken, knives and darts, dumping them into the bag. He slung the bag over his shoulder.

"Alright Batwoman let's move."

Lilly stood and looked on in horror as Andrew began pulling out weapons, "what the..." was all she could mutter whilst pointing in amazement.

She looked at him suspiciously... "Ok im not going to ask now, but one day you have to tell me how the hell your are equipped like war is going to break out!"

Shaking her head she sat back down and turned her chair back to the monitors, grabbing Mazie's cell she quickly added her number, passing it back she explained,

"Here i will ring if there is danger but hopefully the fire alarms and sprinklers will keep them away long enough, and im sure Rambo here can take any of them which are lagging behind."

He arched an eyebrow,

"You should see the full gear, this is just mostly concealed weapons."

He chuckled,

"Rambo? I wish, now that character is awesome. Me? George just lucky I guess."

He chuckled,

"You should see the Japanese Master I studied under. He could actually throw this smoke pellet and no matter where you stood, he actually disappeared."

He shrugged,

"Of course he talked of magic and chi, I still think there is a logical answer for it..."

He paused,

"I'm rambling aren't I? Lily start that alarm, let's go Mazie."

Lily just looked at Andrew like he was from another planet, 'Masters, weapons....' her brain just could not function at the moment with this new information.

Shaking her head she turned around and opened up the fire system on the computer, typing away she explained,

"Ok fire alarm will go off in 10 seconds, i've made it for the south building so its not too far away but lets me keep an eye on everyone. Don't worry about the automatic lock down i've disabled it, but once i have more then enough of them things there i can lock the south building doors and hopefully that can give us an advantage. If you need anything from me either use cell or give me a signal into the cameras and i can see."

She turned and smiled, "Good luck and see you soon."

Mazie switched her phone to vibrate and slipped it back in her pocket. She waved lazily back at Lily as she followed behind Andrew.

"See you soon. Don't forget about the bag thing."

"I won't"

Lilly chuckled to herself before looking at the monitors, "Ok time to cause some chaos."

She couldn't help but grin as she brought up the alarm system, "tut tut Principal you always couldn't keep me out." biting her lip she began typing in the passwords to activate the system.
Looking to the left she noticed Mazie and Andrew making their way to the security building, Typing some more she brought up the south buildings plans.

"Please work." she prayed to herself as she typed in the last code and couldn't help but jump in her seat as the alarm echoed through the school from the south building. Moving to the camera's she watched as the things began moving towards the sound. She watched as one by one they seemed to stream into the building attracted by the fire siren.

Looking back the security building she watched nervously as it was now up to Andrew and Mazie to do their part.

He led Mazie from building to building, pausing when he saw a creature, he was glad that she kept up. Fortunately they reached the Security barracks without incident, he drew one of his swords and motioned Mazie next to him.

"I'll open the door, stand at such a range wich makes you visible, what I have seen, they will rush for you. The door will bottleneck them and I can chop off any head that comes out looking like a corpse. Oh and keep your pistol ready."

He silently moved to the door and looked at her, when she was in position, he opened the door, stepping to the side, raising his sword into a ready position.

Back