It's Nice To Know You've Touched Someone's Life With Your Words

SimonDoom

Kink Lord
Just got a comment to a story I wrote and published over 16 months ago:

"You're a sick fuck. Eat shit and die."

You just never know how you might touch someone's life when you submit a story here. This one really warms my heart.

Loving Wives, of course.

Just got a comment to a story I wrote and published over 16 months ago:

"You're a sick fuck. Eat shit and die."

You just never know how you might touch someone's life when you submit a story here. This one really warms my heart.

Loving Wives, of course.

Let's break this short, but meaningful asseveration down, and examine the intent, indeed, the desideratum of the critic to be heard.

Firstly, we must understand who the Critic is.

This person has moved past their fortieth year, and we can ascertain this from their confident ability to distinguish 'your' from 'you're'. They leave two spaces after a full stop (or 'period', in American-speak), a throw-back to the early days of typewriters.

They begin their criticism, as all good critics do, with praise: 'You're a sick fuck'. 'Sick', of course now meaning 'really rather good' (Citation), and 'fuck' of course, retaining its original meaning through history, as powerful now as it ever was thence. They can no doubt divulge your ability in this arena from your descriptive erotic prose.

Then, moved by the very core humanity of what they've read, they then make a philosophical statement: 'Eat shit and die'. This, of course, stating three core functions that summarise the essence of what it is to be mortal.

Reading this, we see that what they're saying in this breviloquent passage, is that we all eat. We all shit. We all die. And any good love story strives to capture this, as the parenthesis within which any deep love takes place. Indeed, any good story. This critic clearly believes you've achieved this.

Nice work.

An excellent analysis of the sentiments expressed, IMO.
The expression " Eat shit and die." has always puzzled me (would that be toxic/ poisoned shit the ingestion of which is detrimental to your continued health OR is it a miswritten piece which misses out the comma ('Eat, Shit & Die') being, as you rightly point out is the human condition.

It reminds me of that excellent piece by Lynn Truss, "Eats, Shoots & Leaves".

:)

Last edited:
The expression " Eat shit and die." has always puzzled me (would that be toxic/ poisoned shit the ingestion of which is detrimental to your continued health OR is it a miswritten piece which misses out the comma ('Eat, Shit & Die') being, as you rightly point out is the human condition.

Bwahahaha!

I feel like I've learned something important out of that, because there's an Australian joke 'Why is a man like a wombat?' 'Because he eats roots and leaves', and now I now that joke's origins.

('roots' being slang for 'fucks')

There's only one thing that makes me shake my head about those comments.

Okay, you're a sick fuck. My assumption is you're sick because of the stories you write.

So, um...what does that make him for being here reading these things?

I'm not nearly as intelligent or eloquent as my favorite leg humper Jason, but my simple theory is the hate filled comments in controversial categories like LW incest, Gay male and non con are....basically self loathing.

They read it, it turns them on, they hate themselves for it, so of course blame you, the writer of said filth rather than them for their inability to either stay away from that material or come to terms with the fact they like it.

Let's break this short, but meaningful asseveration down, and examine the intent, indeed, the desideratum of the critic to be heard.

Firstly, we must understand who the Critic is.

This person has moved past their fortieth year, and we can ascertain this from their confident ability to distinguish 'your' from 'you're'. They leave two spaces after a full stop (or 'period', in American-speak), a throw-back to the early days of typewriters.

They begin their criticism, as all good critics do, with praise: 'You're a sick fuck'. 'Sick', of course now meaning 'really rather good' (Citation), and 'fuck' of course, retaining its original meaning through history, as powerful now as it ever was thence. They can no doubt divulge your ability in this arena from your descriptive erotic prose.

Then, moved by the very core humanity of what they've read, they then make a philosophical statement: 'Eat shit and die'. This, of course, stating three core functions that summarise the essence of what it is to be mortal.

Reading this, we see that what they're saying in this breviloquent passage, is that we all eat. We all shit. We all die. And any good love story strives to capture this, as the parenthesis within which any deep love takes place. Indeed, any good story. This critic clearly believes you've achieved this.

Nice work.

This, and coffee, are getting my day off to a good start. Thanks! :)

Back