I Went For a Swim in the Loving Wives Shark Tank

I'm thinking of writing a story for LW, based on an idea someone posted here:

Parents are taking their son to college and the way the car is packed, mom has to sit in back on son's lap. You might be familiar with this story.

The twist is that the husband knows and hears everything they do in the back while he's driving.

When the parents return home, all her stuff is in storage and he gives her the divorce papers. Meanwhile the son opens an envelope from the dad stating that he is an adult now and can pay for college himself.

Incest, backseat sex with mom, cheating, and BTB. Maybe it'll do well, maybe not.
It's LW, so you'll probably get jeers and downvotes from pro-RAAC crowd. But you'll get upvotes from both BTBers AND i-like-cucking-for-erotic-reasons (not always same as i-like-cucking-because-i-hate-men crowd); so you may come out ahead in the ratings, especially if it is well written. Importantly, justify "the husband sitting there and not reacting" decision well in the story - e.g. explain that he had no other option, and this was just a necessary evil to tolerate so as to not fuck up his revenge; or maybe they already had sex and an extra one wasn't making any difference. The one that seems effective (but I personally dislike) is where the husband for some WEIRD reason "still loooooves" the wife and watching in person "helps him get rid of that love". Not my cuppa tea but people seem to lap that plot approach up.

Personally, I'd love to read a story with that idea, so I hope you decide to proceed to write it.

Not meaning to be disagreeable with anyone...my sense is if you publish in LW, tags and warnings won't prevent you from getting harsh comments. The "Burn the Bitch" crowd think they own the category, and they react angrily (joyfully angry?) to anyone encroaching on "their" territory. If you label or tag it with "Humiliation" or "Cuck," they're as likely or MORE likely to read it.
LOL, you're missing a third option. People who find humiliations and cucking to be literally criminally morally offensive (at the level of any other sexual abuse); and as such would open last page and vote 1 star just so pro-abuse story has lower rating, without even bothering to read. There are comments indicating plenty of people do that, and I can't blame them at all. I would also auto-downvote any pro-rape stories in LW, for same reason.

LOL, you're missing a third option. People who find humiliations and cucking to be literally criminally morally offensive (at the level of any other sexual abuse); and as such would open last page and vote 1 star just so pro-abuse story has lower rating, without even bothering to read. There are comments indicating plenty of people do that, and I can't blame them at all. I would also auto-downvote any pro-rape stories in LW, for same reason.
There are as many reasons as there are votes, of course. I'm talking more about the comments, which in LW are more frequent, more detailed, and more extreme than anywhere else. And of course my analysis was vastly over-simplified. But I think you have to agree that LW attracts a highly vocal crowd of people (mostly male) who like reading stories about men getting revenge on their cheating wives. And that crowd enjoys raining negative comments (and votes) on any story where there are women cheating but not getting punished.

Sure, they have a right to voice opinions. I'm just commenting on it.

Parents are taking their son to college and the way the car is packed, mom has to sit in back on son's lap. You might be familiar with this story.

The twist is that the husband knows and hears everything they do in the back while he's driving.

When the parents return home, all her stuff is in storage and he gives her the divorce papers. Meanwhile the son opens an envelope from the dad stating that he is an adult now and can pay for college himself.

Incest, backseat sex with mom, cheating, and BTB. Maybe it'll do well, maybe not.
Given that incest is a trump category, it should be in there. Incest is the only category that beats LW for traffic etc. You'll do far better there than LW.

There are as many reasons as there are votes, of course. I'm talking more about the comments, which in LW are more frequent, more detailed, and more extreme than anywhere else. And of course my analysis was vastly over-simplified. But I think you have to agree that LW attracts a highly vocal crowd of people (mostly male) who like reading stories about men getting revenge on their cheating wives. And that crowd enjoys raining negative comments (and votes) on any story where there are women cheating but not getting punished.

Sure, they have a right to voice opinions. I'm just commenting on it.
That's a reasonable and accurate take. My arguments are about the reasoning behind the phenomena, not the phenomena itself

And also, the weight and scope for it - I think I just posted a comment in another forum thread that for an author, seeing 15 negative comments is naturally very upsetting - and what the problem is that the author doesn't realize - just the way human brain works - that the story has 1500 views, so only 1% of readers posted negative comments. In the large viewpoint, those 15 comments are a margin of error, a super insignificant minority. BUT, for the author, they loom large emotionally, because they are what bubbles up in their perception AND in all other comments because most people don't comment at all, if they liked the story OK, those 15 comments representing 1% of readers might be 33% of ALL comments, since only 50 people commented).

Given that incest is a trump category, it should be in there. Incest is the only category that beats LW for traffic etc. You'll do far better there than LW.
Incest has more traffic, but no category has comments like LW!

I have two LW stories (under a different name) and it's just wiiiiild. One is a BTB parody (titled, actually, "Burn the Bitch" by JazzyG). and by poking the bear I got results: 85 comments ranging from "best story ever" to "you are evil and will burn in hell".

I didn't touch the comments. They're part of the piece. It was one of my most enjoyable projects here.

That's a reasonable and accurate take. My arguments are about the reasoning behind the phenomena, not the phenomena itself

And also, the weight and scope for it - I think I just posted a comment in another forum thread that for an author, seeing 15 negative comments is naturally very upsetting - and what the problem is that the author doesn't realize - just the way human brain works - that the story has 1500 views, so only 1% of readers posted negative comments. In the large viewpoint, those 15 comments are a margin of error, a super insignificant minority. BUT, for the author, they loom large emotionally, because they are what bubbles up in their perception AND in all other comments because most people don't comment at all, if they liked the story OK, those 15 comments representing 1% of readers might be 33% of ALL comments, since only 50 people commented).
Yes, I agree with all you say. After publishing LW stories, I was upset to be getting so few comments elsewhere.

okay, so my evaluation over a few years of reading and posting on here is firstly that the top ranking stories on LW aren't actually LW themed. They are just there because they were part of a series that the author first published therein. Whatever the intended thematic of LW was it has devolved however into a vogue that is best described as grumpy old butt hurt alpha. There is no pleasing the readership. Especially if you stick to the proposed theme. Instead, you have to appeal to a patriarchy/matriarchy of butt hurt grumpy cunts who want someone and something to hate because their own lives are the miserable karmic consequences of their perception. So they hate your characters, they hate your writing, they hate their miserable lives. dont feed them.

Incest has more traffic, but no category has comments like LW!

I have two LW stories (under a different name) and it's just wiiiiild. One is a BTB parody (titled, actually, "Burn the Bitch" by JazzyG). and by poking the bear I got results: 85 comments ranging from "best story ever" to "you are evil and will burn in hell".

I didn't touch the comments. They're part of the piece. It was one of my most enjoyable projects here.
I loved that one! But. honestly, the satire was just too subtle for me. :ROFLMAO:

There was another one that someone posted where they really, really worked the fine line between "badly written BTB" and "slightly too subtle parody" for most of it. Then it ends with the wife pushing a shopping cart filled with her earthly belongings through the Sahara while the husband watches stoically, flanked by his new twin model girlfriends. Wish I could remember the name of that one.

Do it!

okay, so my evaluation over a few years of reading and posting on here is firstly that the top ranking stories on LW aren't actually LW themed. They are just there because they were part of a series that the author first published therein. Whatever the intended thematic of LW was it has devolved however into a vogue that is best described as grumpy old butt hurt alpha. There is no pleasing the readership. Especially if you stick to the proposed theme. Instead, you have to appeal to a patriarchy/matriarchy of butt hurt grumpy cunts who want someone and something to hate because their own lives are the miserable karmic consequences of their perception. So they hate your characters, they hate your writing, they hate their miserable lives. dont feed them.
-You're right, in a way. LW has become a catchall for anything that doesn't fit elsewhere. For instance, Todd172 has several in the top 100, and his stories have nothing to do with LW. My top stories don't feature LW criteria at all. But Laurel has allowed them because all my fans were in LW. Now I realize I should have aimed some for Romance instead.
-The real problem is that Lit doesn't feature a category, let's call it General, that allows stories that don't fit any sexual category or no sex at all. It's one of the reasons I'm busy flogging books out in the marketplace because so many stories I'm writing no longer fit the Lit mould.
-If I separate stories into real categories, the 4 BTB stories are clear winners in the number of reads and nasty supportive comments. It's kind of funny 'cause I wrote them tongue-in-cheek, not intending anybody to take them seriously.
-But the romance-minded stories are clear winners score-wise with nice comments.
-the other issue is the separation of LW into more subcategories like "cuck" etc. But it will never happen. The chaos in there generates traffic and earnings for the site and that's more important to them.

I loved that one! But. honestly, the satire was just too subtle for me. :ROFLMAO:

There was another one that someone posted where they really, really worked the fine line between "badly written BTB" and "slightly too subtle parody" for most of it. Then it ends with the wife pushing a shopping cart filled with her earthly belongings through the Sahara while the husband watches stoically, flanked by his new twin model girlfriends. Wish I could remember the name of that one.
By the way...FABULOUS essay you wrote on LW...should be required reading...it confirmed some of my theories, debunked a couple, and gave me some new insights.

You better hurry up or I'm gonna steal it.

Maybe add a scene where she gets an alien butt probe so it also qualifies for Anal and SF...

I wrote my latest "Abuse Addict" for LW and it's definitely NOT a BTB story, since the MMC cheats on his emotionally abusive wife, and she wants him back. But neither gets to burn the other. They logically split everything and go their separate ways.

But it's bombing better than my other LW stories (currently 2.41 with 122 votes and NO negative comments yet). The MMC takes a very provocative shot at those who call him a "cuckold" with his latest girlfriend. The GF's daughter refers to him as her slut mother's cuckold. And he ponders about that with "fuck those judgmental, brainwashed, armchair pussies" calling a retired Spec Ops Sniper names.

You better hurry up or I'm gonna steal it.

Maybe add a scene where she gets an alien butt probe so it also qualifies for Anal and SF...
Feel free. Like I said, I got the idea from someone else in the first place.

I had to turn off comments once, but generally I just laugh at the BTB crowd. I know a couple of them at least follow me just to one bomb everything I write.

Back