I Went For a Swim in the Loving Wives Shark Tank

Kasumi_Lee

Experienced
Hi everybody!

My name's Kasumi Lee (but stuck with the name StealthBreeder here on Literotica), and although I've been around for a while, this is my first time posting in the forum.

Until this past weekend, I'd only ever posted nonconsent/reluctance stories. I've seen some of the threads about Loving Wives and the kind of readers it attracts, so I had some inkling of what I was getting myself into when I published a short story called Thank You, Darling.

On a late-night whim, I checked the story only a few hours after it was published and...with less than five hundred views at the time, it already had a score around 1.3 out of 5, although that's since climbed to 2.1 out of 5 with nearly 12,000 views.

I want to be clear that I'm not posting this to whine about people hating on my story. Like I said, I knew the kind of reputation the Loving Wives category has, and one silver lining is that I've never had a story get 12,000 views in under 48 hours before. Even so, it's still incredibly jarring to see a story get review-bombed into the ground literally within hours of going live.

And that was before the comments...

Eight comments in quick succession, seven of them in the space of an hour, all furiously denouncing me or the story, or both. My personal favorite (posted anonymously, of course) reads as follows: "Another day, another troll. I know it sucks to be you, but that's no reason to take it out on us." No sense of irony is detectable here.

Thank You, Darling is only about 6.4k words long, in case you'd like to read it for yourselves, but here's a brief synopsis: A Korean American couple arrives at the hospital because the wife is in labor. Things seem mostly normal until she starts pushing and gives birth to an unmistakably Black baby. It turns out the wife is an out-and-proud Queen of Spades and has no shame in demonstrating her authority over her husband (who she keeps in a chastity cage) in front of the bemused hospital staff. The couple returns home and introduces "their" baby to the bio dad, then they spend some months balancing childcare with a gradual return to the lifestyle. The story ends with a MMF threesome scene in which the hotwife begs her Black bull to give her a second baby.

Thank You, Darling is not a sophisticated story, and it's not intended to be. I went for maximum titillation and played to all the standard tropes surrounding interracial cuckolding. Now that I've had firsthand experience of the Loving Wives category, I'm not angry or upset or discouraged by these reactions, I'm just absolutely bemused by them.

If anyone else has any fun experiences to share regarding the lovely readership of Loving Wives, or has practical advice about this sort of thing, I'd love to hear from you girls and guys. In the meantime, this probably won't be the last time I publish in Loving Wives.

Who knows? Perhaps those nasty comments had to be typed one-handed...

Best wishes,

KL

Until this past weekend, I'd only ever posted nonconsent/reluctance stories. I've seen some of the threads about Loving Wives and the kind of readers it attracts, so I had some inkling of what I was getting myself into when I published a short story called Thank You, Darling.
Thanks for this post. I finally think I understand what LW is about and what the frequent conversations here are about. I was never interested enough to actually read some LW stories and their comments, but I have been curious.

I Went For a Swim in the Loving Wives Shark Tank​

Hi Kasumi šŸ‘‹,

Loving Wives isnā€™t really my thing (sorry @NoTalentHack šŸ˜¬). Then I donā€™t think your stuff is either really. Howeverā€¦

I have written three Loving Wives stories. They kinda tell you all you need to know:
  1. Harperā€™s Reckonging: 25 ā¤ļø, 40k šŸ“Š, 3.37 / 578 ā­ļø, 85 šŸ’¬ - in many ways, a classic LW story, but about a lesbian marriage and with a [kinda] BTB ending
  2. Jacobā€™s Progress: 81 ā¤ļø, 38k šŸ“Š, 4.61 / 1.9k ā­ļø, 157 šŸ’¬ - lots of nice heterosexual people and little kink (reference to anal, but not described) with a HEA
  3. A Hard Dayā€™s Night: 18 ā¤ļø, 8.5k šŸ“Š, 3.87 / 262 ā­ļø, 55 šŸ’¬ - a day in the life of a sex worker who comes home to her loving, supportive husband at the end of her shift
I donā€™t think the writing quality varies much between them. The first two are more plot-driven, the last is more a slice of life. But all three have my particular sensibility. I donā€™t think any one stands out as being better or worse, just different. The kink content and lifestyle choices of the protagonists does vary a lot. I think this is what drives the differential scoring (and comments).

You can do the math yourself. That audience [in aggregate] wants kink-free heterosexual stories in which infidelity is either forgiven (clan 1) or severely punished (clan 2).

They will seek to punish deviant stories (and deviant authors).

Some people love the constraints of writing there and some very fine authors manage to be successful. Itā€™s not for me, and I donā€™t think itā€™s for you either.

Em

Yours is not an unusual experience. I'm writing a series called Losing Inhibitions about a newlywed couple. The older husband is sexually repressed and the young wife is very innocent. They are both desperate to have children. While it could go either way, so far the young wife is genuinely wanting to remain loyal to her husband. It's a slow-burn story and most of the sexual activity in the first chapter is the wife watching her new older nephew in the cinema with a sexually unrestrained woman.
Chapter one had a mix of comments, including "Not a marriage, either. Just too monkeys wanting to fuck anything that moves, 24x7" and A typical Femdom fantasy like tons of very much similar tales already here. Too many." There were also some encouraging remarks. It started at around 1.5 and is currently around 3.39 with 17.7k views (my second highest) number of views
Chapter Two came out yesterday morning (UK time), and as I was writing another story, I had time to watch the first few votes come in. At one point, after five votes, it was at 1.2 (I was impressed by the fact that someone gave it a 2). It's now at 2.56 with 9.8 views and 66 votes in less than 36 hours. So far, the only comment has been, "Just another setup to becomes a slut and cuck tale. So indicative of someoneā€™s sad and twisted world"

Why do I write in LW about 25% of the time? First, it does get more views. I am writing a companion series in Mature called Grampa's Last Hurrah, which has a fraction of the number of views but ratings in the mid 4s. I have made it clear that there is a companion story in the intros. The stories overlap and inform each other but can be read as stand-alones.
Second, some of the comments are amusing.
Third, it seems to encourage some people to read my other stories. I just have to accept that it results in a couple of people one-bombing some of my better-rated stories, but I decided early on that my stories are a minority taste.
Fourth, people who like a story in LW seem more prepared to favourite it. I have no idea whether this simply reflects the number of views or a desire to encourage authors to carry on writing.
Fifth (and most importantly), the emotional tensions within relationships interest me and, to my mind, make for more interesting stories. In my current story, the spouses care for each other and want children with each other. The man is repressed but has many good sides and an awkward relationship with his father. Unfortunately, neither of them has much of a clue about conveying their affection sexually. I can't think of a better place to put it than LW. It certainly doesn't belong in fetish. and it's a bit too ambiguous for romance

Hi Kasumi šŸ‘‹,

Loving Wives isnā€™t really my thing (sorry @NoTalentHack šŸ˜¬). Then I donā€™t think your stuff is either really. Howeverā€¦

I have written three Loving Wives stories. They kinda tell you all you need to know:
  1. Harperā€™s Reckonging: 25 ā¤ļø, 40k šŸ“Š, 3.37 / 578 ā­ļø, 85 šŸ’¬ - in many ways, a classic LW story, but about a lesbian marriage and with a [kinda] BTB ending
  2. Jacobā€™s Progress: 81 ā¤ļø, 38k šŸ“Š, 4.61 / 1.9k ā­ļø, 157 šŸ’¬ - lots of nice heterosexual people and little kink (reference to anal, but not described) with a HEA
  3. A Hard Dayā€™s Night: 18 ā¤ļø, 8.5k šŸ“Š, 3.87 / 262 ā­ļø, 55 šŸ’¬ - a day in the life of a sex worker who comes home to her loving, supportive husband at the end of her shift
I donā€™t think the writing quality varies much between them. The first two are more plot-driven, the last is more a slice of life. But all three have my particular sensibility. I donā€™t think any one stands out as being better or worse, just different. The kink content and lifestyle choices of the protagonists does vary a lot. I think this is what drives the differential scoring (and comments).

You can do the math yourself. That audience [in aggregate] wants kink-free heterosexual stories in which infidelity is either forgiven (clan 1) or severely punished (clan 2).

They will seek to punish deviant stories (and deviant authors).

Some people love the constraints of writing there and some very fine authors manage to be successful. Itā€™s not for me, and I donā€™t think itā€™s for you either.

Em
Hi Em,

Thanks a lot for your comments and thoughts. I have written more serious plot-driven stories for Literotica and elsewhere, so I promise I'm not a complete deviant.šŸ˜œ

You're right that LW isn't my first choice of category. Nonconsent/Reluctance is my usual writing habitat. Much nicer crowd over there, and largely female from what I can tell. Obviously, they have their own expectations of what a good noncon story should be, and I'd much rather work to please them than the LW bunch.

Having said that, I've always viewed Literotica as a space to indulge in simpler kink writing when the mood strikes me. I enjoyed writing Thank You, Darling, even though it's obviously quite low brow, and I'm not even upset that it got torn to shreds.

Honestly, these days if I'm going to invest a lot of time and creative energy in a plot-driven story with meaningful character development that pleases readers, I'd rather publish it as an ebook and make money off of it.

Thanks again for your thoughts and insights.

KL

You might find fetish more welcoming, especially if you start with a short note warning people what kind of fetish you're about to deliver. Fetish readers are good about heeding such warnings.

Otherwise, yeah, you posted literal "Cuck shit" without even a warning at the top and they voted accordingly. Sorry :-(

Yours is not an unusual experience. I'm writing a series called Losing Inhibitions about a newlywed couple. The older husband is sexually repressed and the young wife is very innocent. They are both desperate to have children. While it could go either way, so far the young wife is genuinely wanting to remain loyal to her husband. It's a slow-burn story and most of the sexual activity in the first chapter is the wife watching her new older nephew in the cinema with a sexually unrestrained woman.
Chapter one had a mix of comments, including "Not a marriage, either. Just too monkeys wanting to fuck anything that moves, 24x7" and A typical Femdom fantasy like tons of very much similar tales already here. Too many." There were also some encouraging remarks. It started at around 1.5 and is currently around 3.39 with 17.7k views (my second highest) number of views
Chapter Two came out yesterday morning (UK time), and as I was writing another story, I had time to watch the first few votes come in. At one point, after five votes, it was at 1.2 (I was impressed by the fact that someone gave it a 2). It's now at 2.56 with 9.8 views and 66 votes in less than 36 hours. So far, the only comment has been, "Just another setup to becomes a slut and cuck tale. So indicative of someoneā€™s sad and twisted world"

Why do I write in LW about 25% of the time? First, it does get more views. I am writing a companion series in Mature called Grampa's Last Hurrah, which has a fraction of the number of views but ratings in the mid 4s. I have made it clear that there is a companion story in the intros. The stories overlap and inform each other but can be read as stand-alones.
Second, some of the comments are amusing.
Third, it seems to encourage some people to read my other stories. I just have to accept that it results in a couple of people one-bombing some of my better-rated stories, but I decided early on that my stories are a minority taste.
Fourth, people who like a story in LW seem more prepared to favourite it. I have no idea whether this simply reflects the number of views or a desire to encourage authors to carry on writing.
Fifth (and most importantly), the emotional tensions within relationships interest me and, to my mind, make for more interesting stories. In my current story, the spouses care for each other and want children with each other. The man is repressed but has many good sides and an awkward relationship with his father. Unfortunately, neither of them has much of a clue about conveying their affection sexually. I can't think of a better place to put it than LW. It certainly doesn't belong in fetish. and it's a bit too ambiguous for romance
Sounds like you put a lot more effort into your series than I did into Thank You, Darling. My usual writing haunt is Nonconsent/Reluctance, and that's where I'd usually write a complex series of this sort. It's bizarre that LW readers take this stuff so personally, but I'm glad you're getting some traction there.

KL

You might find fetish more welcoming, especially if you start with a short note warning people what kind of fetish you're about to deliver. Fetish readers are good about heeding such warnings.

Otherwise, yeah, you posted literal "Cuck shit" without even a warning at the top and they voted accordingly. Sorry :-(
Hi,

I naively assumed that appropriate tagging would be warning enough. Tags like "cuckold", "humiliation", "chastity", "interracial", "BBC", and "hotwife" should make pretty clear what kind of story it's going to be.

I also didn't really get the impression that the commenters felt blindsided, they just seemed furious that the FMC was such a shameless whore. However, I guess I'll take your advice and post a "trigger warning" next time, or post under fetish.

Thanks for your comments and thoughts.

KL

Last edited:
Hi Em,

Thanks a lot for your comments and thoughts. I have written more serious plot-driven stories for Literotica and elsewhere, so I promise I'm not a complete deviant.šŸ˜œ

You're right that LW isn't my first choice of category. Nonconsent/Reluctance is my usual writing habitat. Much nicer crowd over there, and largely female from what I can tell. Obviously, they have their own expectations of what a good noncon story should be, and I'd much rather work to please them than the LW bunch.

Having said that, I've always viewed Literotica as a space to indulge in simpler kink writing when the mood strikes me. I enjoyed writing Thank You, Darling, even though it's obviously quite low brow, and I'm not even upset that it got torn to shreds.

Honestly, these days if I'm going to invest a lot of time and creative energy in a plot-driven story with meaningful character development that pleases readers, I'd rather publish it as an ebook and make money off of it.

Thanks again for your thoughts and insights.

KL
The deviant was a word applied to me more than once.

Em

Thanks for this post. I finally think I understand what LW is about and what the frequent conversations here are about. I was never interested enough to actually read some LW stories and their comments, but I have been curious.
Hi AG31,

From what I gather, LW readers have VERY particular expectations. Like @EmilyMiller said, they either want the infidelity to be forgiven or severely punished.

Technically, my story features consensual non-monogamy rather than infidelity, but I guess that distinction doesn't make much of a difference.

KL

I naively assumed that appropriate tagging would be warning enough. Tags like "cuckold", "humiliation", "chastity", "interracial", "BBC", and "hotwife" should make pretty clear what kind of story it's going to be.
I think a lot of people do not know how to check the tags. At least as I see the website, you have to click this little pentagon icon off to the side.

Sounds like you put a lot more effort into your series than I did into Thank You, Darling. My usual writing haunt is Nonconsent/Reluctance, and that's where I'd usually write a complex series of this sort. It's bizarre that LW readers take this stuff so personally, but I'm glad you're getting some traction there.

KL
Hey there! I've read a fair bit of your stuff in NC/R, so I know it's quality work. I was pleased to see your name in LW, but I cringed when I realized what was probably going to happen; I can't honestly say I'm surprised at the reaction.

I'm a big fan of LW (hell, I just published a 10K word essay on the category today), but the type of story you wrote does not do well there at all from a score standpoint. It probably would have done very well in Interracial or Fetish, but hard cuckolding stories usually don't do great in there. Hard cuckolding stories almost never do, although there are exceptions. Something as well-developed as something like My Fertile Secret; not the actual storyline of that, but the development of the characters and scenario. If someone put cuckolding stories in there, series tend to do better than one-offs, because fewer hatereaders will look at the second or third story in the series on.

Hey there! I've read a fair bit of your stuff in NC/R, so I know it's quality work. I was pleased to see your name in LW, but I cringed when I realized what was probably going to happen; I can't honestly say I'm surprised at the reaction.

I'm a big fan of LW (hell, I just published a 10K word essay on the category today), but the type of story you wrote does not do well there at all from a score standpoint. It probably would have done very well in Interracial or Fetish, but hard cuckolding stories usually don't do great in there. Hard cuckolding stories almost never do, although there are exceptions. Something as well-developed as something like My Fertile Secret; not the actual storyline of that, but the development of the characters and scenario. If someone put cuckolding stories in there, series tend to do better than one-offs, because fewer hatereaders will look at the second or third story in the series on.
Hi!

Thanks a lot for responding to my thread, and I'm gratified that you're a fan of my NC/R work (which is definitely better than my Loving Wives entry).

I agree in retrospect that Interracial would have been a better fit for this kind of story, although I did deliberately choose LW just to test the reaction. I've never been sure about Fetish, since it seems like a catch-all bucket for all kinds of different tastes.

Truth be told, I actually find the reaction to Thank You, Darling pretty funny. I'm seriously tempted to post a similar story there again, although if I did that I'd basically be trolling the trolls.

I'll read your essay when I have a spare moment, but thanks for your comments and thoughts. In the meantime, I will certainly follow the advice of @Rob_Royale and wear this experience as a badge of honor.

Best,

KL

I have read a few LW stories and looked at the comments. If you look through the comments, you do see some constructive ones mixed in. In many categories, a reader that does not like your story skips out, and all you see are positive comments from the readers that made it all the way through. In LW, you will encounter more neutral or negative comments (whether justified or not), but if you want to improve as a writer, read them and see if there are worthwhile suggestions or ideas.

There's nothing unusual about this experience. Tags and warnings will only do so much, because there are some readers who quite candidly make a point of saying they will seek these stories out and downvote them because they regard them as so immoral. For readers like this, the warning is like the moon to a moth. There's nothing you can do about that. All you can do is adjust your expectations downward concerning the score, grab some popcorn, and enjoy the show that follows.

I have read a few LW stories and looked at the comments. If you look through the comments, you do see some constructive ones mixed in. In many categories, a reader that does not like your story skips out, and all you see are positive comments from the readers that made it all the way through. In LW, you will encounter more neutral or negative comments (whether justified or not), but if you want to improve as a writer, read them and see if there are worthwhile suggestions or ideas.
Hi Jorunn,

Fifteen comments and counting on Thank You, Darling, and so far only one could be considered constructive, basically suggesting that the story belongs in Interracial or Fetish. As I've said elsewhere in this thread, that's a fair enough point. The others commenters are just outraged at the story's very existence, and I have to say they're incredibly amusing to read.

Thanks for your comments and insights.

Best,

KL

There's nothing unusual about this experience. Tags and warnings will only do so much, because there are some readers who quite candidly make a point of saying they will seek these stories out and downvote them because they regard them as so immoral. For readers like this, the warning is like the moon to a moth. There's nothing you can do about that. All you can do is adjust your expectations downward concerning the score, grab some popcorn, and enjoy the show that follows.
Hi Simon,

At first I was mystified by the passionate outrage of the commenters on Thank You, Darling, now I find their reactions genuinely hilarious. I'm honestly tempted to do it again sometime.

Best,

KL

This is why in addition to using the actual Tags feature (to help readers find it), I also list the tags at the top of the story. Because, readers who just find the story in the list and click to read it won't see the Tags without making a deliberate effort to look at them. They aren't visible by default, so, they can't be relied upon for filtering out uninterested readers.

Potential readers see only the title and description. If they go to the category list, they'll also see the current average rating, how many have added it to their favorites, and how many comments are there. But they must choose to click on the title to find any further info on tags, or they must first search for a specific tag to see your story listed as having it.

So, saying that you appropriately tagged the story is like excusing yourself for pulling the trigger of the gun to see if it was loaded.

You didn't TELL the potential readers it was an IR, humiliation, breeding, cuckhold story until after they rewarded you by opening it (gave you a view!!!) Their "back atcha" for the surprise is the 1-star.

Try to place stories in an appropriate category as the first warning of the content, and possibly give a hint in the description, if you would like at least a fair stab at an honest rating.

EDIT: As much as I enjoy poking the trolls in LW, even I knew to put my "Amorous Goods: The Magic Lamp" story in SciFi, BECAUSE it's mostly scifi.

My Loving Wives story features permitted cheating- at least one anonymous reviewer has cast shame at me for daring to disallow voting on it. Jay, Silent Bob, and I will discuss the issue with that troll should we ever meet. I probably wonā€™t write in Loving Wives again. Meanwhile I will continue to respect the boundaries of marriage in my work in other categories on Lit- by including mentions of swinging, divorce, and other things that happen in real life. If trolls donā€™t like it, they can discuss it with me, Jay (holds up left hand) and Silent Bob (holds up right hand and grins).

Back