I Went For a Swim in the Loving Wives Shark Tank

This is why in addition to using the actual Tags feature (to help readers find it), I also list the tags at the top of the story. Because, readers who just find the story in the list and click to read it won't see the Tags without making a deliberate effort to look at them. They aren't visible by default, so, they can't be relied upon for filtering out uninterested readers.
That's unfortunate, and probably something the website engineers should fix for everyone's sake.

I read the reviews, and about half offer no value, but the other half gives you clues about what 'not to write' in a LW story. Though you may wish for comments like 'excellent use of grammar', you have learned what some LW readers don't like in a story, and you have learned what other categories you might use in the future if you write a similar story. Learn and move forward. And if you don't like your story in LW, you can use the REMOVE feature. Then do a bit of re-write, make it a better story, and submit in another category.

Hey there! I've read a fair bit of your stuff in NC/R, so I know it's quality work. I was pleased to see your name in LW, but I cringed when I realized what was probably going to happen; I can't honestly say I'm surprised at the reaction.

I'm a big fan of LW (hell, I just published a 10K word essay on the category today), but the type of story you wrote does not do well there at all from a score standpoint. It probably would have done very well in Interracial or Fetish, but hard cuckolding stories usually don't do great in there. Hard cuckolding stories almost never do, although there are exceptions. Something as well-developed as something like My Fertile Secret; not the actual storyline of that, but the development of the characters and scenario. If someone put cuckolding stories in there, series tend to do better than one-offs, because fewer hatereaders will look at the second or third story in the series on.
Take note you're replying to yet another thread about how nasty it is in LW....yet you always deny that it is.

You're also trying to explain how the OP should be writing to not get abused. People shouldn't have to change their style or ideas to make a reader base of frothing lunatics happy.

Take note you're replying to yet another thread about how nasty it is in LW....yet you always deny that it is.

You're also trying to explain how the OP should be writing to not get abused. People shouldn't have to change their style or ideas to make a reader base of frothing lunatics happy.
I've never denied that the comments can get mean. You can't seem to muster even the slightest bit of either reading comprehension or memory of previous conversations. And since I've already advised the person in question and dropped the link to the essay, my job here is done.

Did you even bother to read what the OP said of that LW story content?

LW is SUPPOSED to be: "Married extra-marital fun: swinging, sharing & more."

The OP's story as described in the post said it was interracial, humiliation of the white cuckold husband whose cock was in a cage, and the Korean wife asking her black lover to impregnate her AGAIN!

And yet you're here frothing at the mouth over WHAT exactly? Some imagined abuse the lunatic readers have toward some story you didn't even bother to read?

Honestly, your story sounds 100% the exact kind of thing that would find a home on Interracial - down even to the couple being Korean. Scores aren't exactly sky-high on IR nor will you get the hate clicks, but that's where your audience is likely to be.

I'll check out your story when I have some time.

A sadistic Korean woman and a black bull team up to publicly degrade a helpless white man. This malicious, racist plot was presented to an older, ultra-conservative white audience. This is not intended to be titillating; this is a deliberate attempt to harm the readers. Even if they deserve it, you're no better than them.
Actually, the husband is also Korean. You should at least read the synopsis I gave before criticizing the story. Also, even if I did want to "harm the readers" (whatever that's supposed to mean), I have no way of knowing the age, race, or political views of readers in any given category, nor would any self-respecting author care about such things. Your criticisms are nonsensical.

I read the reviews, and about half offer no value, but the other half gives you clues about what 'not to write' in a LW story. Though you may wish for comments like 'excellent use of grammar', you have learned what some LW readers don't like in a story, and you have learned what other categories you might use in the future if you write a similar story. Learn and move forward. And if you don't like your story in LW, you can use the REMOVE feature. Then do a bit of re-write, make it a better story, and submit in another category.

Honestly, your story sounds 100% the exact kind of thing that would find a home on Interracial - down even to the couple being Korean. Scores aren't exactly sky-high on IR nor will you get the hate clicks, but that's where your audience is likely to be.

I'll check out your story when I have some time.
I've been considering uploading the same story under a slightly different title to Interracial, with the only edit being a disclaimer at the top saying it was previously uploaded to LW. I'm kind of reluctant to remove the story completely from LW (the comments make for such fun reading it would be a shame to lose them). Is it possible to upload the same story in two different categories?

I've been considering uploading the same story under a slightly different title to Interracial, with the only edit being a disclaimer at the top saying it was previously uploaded to LW. I'm kind of reluctant to remove the story completely from LW (the comments make for such fun reading it would be a shame to lose them). Is it possible to upload the same story in two different categories?
The issue with doing that is once a story has been up, then taken down and reposted, the people who originally read it won't bother with it a second time and you may not get as much attention

For the new category the benefit would be it's more in the readerships wheelhouse so maybe you get a few more positive votes/comment. The negative is that some of the haters in LW key in on interracial as well because they're racist shitstains so you're going to take some heat there too.

The turds roll out of the LW catbox into any category they feel "men" are being demeaned especially insecure white men.

Hi everybody!

My name's Kasumi Lee (but stuck with the name StealthBreeder here on Literotica), and although I've been around for a while, this is my first time posting in the forum.

Until this past weekend, I'd only ever posted nonconsent/reluctance stories. I've seen some of the threads about Loving Wives and the kind of readers it attracts, so I had some inkling of what I was getting myself into when I published a short story called Thank You, Darling.

On a late-night whim, I checked the story only a few hours after it was published and...with less than five hundred views at the time, it already had a score around 1.3 out of 5, although that's since climbed to 2.1 out of 5 with nearly 12,000 views.

I want to be clear that I'm not posting this to whine about people hating on my story. Like I said, I knew the kind of reputation the Loving Wives category has, and one silver lining is that I've never had a story get 12,000 views in under 48 hours before. Even so, it's still incredibly jarring to see a story get review-bombed into the ground literally within hours of going live.

And that was before the comments...

Eight comments in quick succession, seven of them in the space of an hour, all furiously denouncing me or the story, or both. My personal favorite (posted anonymously, of course) reads as follows: "Another day, another troll. I know it sucks to be you, but that's no reason to take it out on us." No sense of irony is detectable here.

Thank You, Darling is only about 6.4k words long, in case you'd like to read it for yourselves, but here's a brief synopsis: A Korean American couple arrives at the hospital because the wife is in labor. Things seem mostly normal until she starts pushing and gives birth to an unmistakably Black baby. It turns out the wife is an out-and-proud Queen of Spades and has no shame in demonstrating her authority over her husband (who she keeps in a chastity cage) in front of the bemused hospital staff. The couple returns home and introduces "their" baby to the bio dad, then they spend some months balancing childcare with a gradual return to the lifestyle. The story ends with a MMF threesome scene in which the hotwife begs her Black bull to give her a second baby.

Thank You, Darling is not a sophisticated story, and it's not intended to be. I went for maximum titillation and played to all the standard tropes surrounding interracial cuckolding. Now that I've had firsthand experience of the Loving Wives category, I'm not angry or upset or discouraged by these reactions, I'm just absolutely bemused by them.

If anyone else has any fun experiences to share regarding the lovely readership of Loving Wives, or has practical advice about this sort of thing, I'd love to hear from you girls and guys. In the meantime, this probably won't be the last time I publish in Loving Wives.

Who knows? Perhaps those nasty comments had to be typed one-handed...

Best wishes,

KL
Yeah, I read it and chuckled, because you had used all the tropes and pushed almost everybody's buttons, and knew you would get slammed. Sometimes it is fun to do that.

In spite of what the know-it-all-without-reading myopic bigots profess, the 1-bombers in LW tend to hate ALL stories in which marriage vows are bent to allow non-monogamous sex. Even consensual sharing stories of happily married swingers, where the husband is getting multiple women are 1-bombed in LW.

I wrote one of my chapters "Lifestyle Ch.13 - Single Swingers" from the other guy's POV so I could spell out how the swinger wife really feels about her husband (She says she'd never cheat on him outside of their rules, and she'd turn away the single guy at future parties if he pursued her). Even that story settled at 3.67 after the admins scraped away dozens of 1-ratings.

Just over half of the LW rater audience HATES any "extra-marital fun" stories.

But some people are triggered by the word "Wives" and ASSume those readers must hate all women, when, in fact, they hate extra-marital sex.

I wonder if those category haters might even be the ones opening the LW stories merely to 1-bomb them (without reading). My stories when posted there seem to get several 1's within MINUTES of being available to the public.

Last edited:
Yeah, I read it and chuckled, because you had used all the tropes and pushed almost everybody's buttons, and knew you would get slammed. Sometimes it is fun to do that.
I can honestly say I wrote that story for the fun of it and I wasn't intentionally trying to push people's buttons, but the resulting comments section does make very amusing reading.

I can honestly say I wrote that story for the fun of it and I wasn't intentionally trying to push people's buttons, but the resulting comments section does make very amusing reading.
When I wrote my "A Gathering of Trolls" story ("Ambitious friends look in on the slut and her husband.") it was to poke fun at what we all assumed were the incel trolls of LW.

I originally expected it to remain at 2.0 or below, with many readers recognizing themselves among the four characters. Surprisingly, it's at 3.02, with most of the comments being rather mild.

That's why I no longer see the LW audience as such incels, but more likely leaning toward just haters of extra-marital sex.

Having fun writing and posting here doesn't mean we all have to chase that elusive 5.0. We can have our fun our way!

Enjoy!

Hi everybody!

My name's Kasumi Lee (but stuck with the name StealthBreeder here on Literotica), and although I've been around for a while, this is my first time posting in the forum.

Until this past weekend, I'd only ever posted nonconsent/reluctance stories. I've seen some of the threads about Loving Wives and the kind of readers it attracts, so I had some inkling of what I was getting myself into when I published a short story called Thank You, Darling.

On a late-night whim, I checked the story only a few hours after it was published and...with less than five hundred views at the time, it already had a score around 1.3 out of 5, although that's since climbed to 2.1 out of 5 with nearly 12,000 views.

I want to be clear that I'm not posting this to whine about people hating on my story. Like I said, I knew the kind of reputation the Loving Wives category has, and one silver lining is that I've never had a story get 12,000 views in under 48 hours before. Even so, it's still incredibly jarring to see a story get review-bombed into the ground literally within hours of going live.

Eight comments in quick succession, seven of them in the space of an hour, all furiously denouncing me or the story, or both. My personal favorite (posted anonymously, of course) reads as follows: "Another day, another troll. I know it sucks to be you, but that's no reason to take it out on us." No sense of irony is detectable here.

Thank You, Darling is only about 6.4k words long, in case you'd like to read it for yourselves, but here's a brief synopsis: A Korean American couple arrives at the hospital because the wife is in labor. Things seem mostly normal until she starts pushing and gives birth to an unmistakably Black baby. It turns out the wife is an out-and-proud Queen of Spades and has no shame in demonstrating her authority over her husband (who she keeps in a chastity cage) in front of the bemused hospital staff. The couple returns home and introduces "their" baby to the bio dad, then they spend some months balancing childcare with a gradual return to the lifestyle. The story ends with a MMF threesome scene in which the hotwife begs her Black bull to give her a second baby.

Thank You, Darling is not a sophisticated story, and it's not intended to be. I went for maximum titillation and played to all the standard tropes surrounding interracial cuckolding. Now that I've had firsthand experience of the Loving Wives category, I'm not angry or upset or discouraged by these reactions, I'm just absolutely bemused by them.

If anyone else has any fun experiences to share regarding the lovely readership of Loving Wives, or has practical advice about this sort of thing, I'd love to hear from you girls and guys. In the meantime, this probably won't be the last time I publish in Loving Wives.

Best wishes,

KL
Another comment when I read the story. As a US Marine, I served with the Korean Marines, and they are some of the most badass men on the planet. On the flip side, Korean women are fucking crazy, but fun as shit. I was dating one and pissed her off. She chased me down the street with a machete. I have a Korean sister-in-law, and she is fucking crazy too. so yeah, brought back memories.

Hi,

I naively assumed that appropriate tagging would be warning enough. Tags like "cuckold", "humiliation", "chastity", "interracial", "BBC", and "hotwife" should make pretty clear what kind of story it's going to be.

I also didn't really get the impression that the commenters felt blindsided, they just seemed furious that the FMC was such a shameless whore. However, I guess I'll take your advice and post a "trigger warning" next time, or post under fetish.

Thanks for your comments and thoughts.

KL
we appreciate you contributing to the slutwife/cuck category and hope you submit more stories using the same tags!

You might find fetish more welcoming, especially if you start with a short note warning people what kind of fetish you're about to deliver. Fetish readers are good about heeding such warnings.

Otherwise, yeah, you posted literal "Cuck shit" without even a warning at the top and they voted accordingly. Sorry :-(
You can post warnings, flashing lights, sirens, a swat team and anything else you think might work. They'll still read it and give you the cuck shit swipe. Hell, lots of them don't even bother reading it before delivering that (insult?).

Delete is your friend.

No other category other than incest gets as much traffic and comment as LW. It's a great place to hone your writing.

Hi Kasumi šŸ‘‹,

Loving Wives isnā€™t really my thing (sorry @NoTalentHack šŸ˜¬). Then I donā€™t think your stuff is either really. Howeverā€¦

I have written three Loving Wives stories. They kinda tell you all you need to know:
  1. Harperā€™s Reckonging: 25 ā¤ļø, 40k šŸ“Š, 3.37 / 578 ā­ļø, 85 šŸ’¬ - in many ways, a classic LW story, but about a lesbian marriage and with a [kinda] BTB ending
  2. Jacobā€™s Progress: 81 ā¤ļø, 38k šŸ“Š, 4.61 / 1.9k ā­ļø, 157 šŸ’¬ - lots of nice heterosexual people and little kink (reference to anal, but not described) with a HEA
  3. A Hard Dayā€™s Night: 18 ā¤ļø, 8.5k šŸ“Š, 3.87 / 262 ā­ļø, 55 šŸ’¬ - a day in the life of a sex worker who comes home to her loving, supportive husband at the end of her shift
I donā€™t think the writing quality varies much between them. The first two are more plot-driven, the last is more a slice of life. But all three have my particular sensibility. I donā€™t think any one stands out as being better or worse, just different. The kink content and lifestyle choices of the protagonists does vary a lot. I think this is what drives the differential scoring (and comments).

You can do the math yourself. That audience [in aggregate] wants kink-free heterosexual stories in which infidelity is either forgiven (clan 1) or severely punished (clan 2).

They will seek to punish deviant stories (and deviant authors).

Some people love the constraints of writing there and some very fine authors manage to be successful. Itā€™s not for me, and I donā€™t think itā€™s for you either.

Em
Here's a reader's POV, that may elaborate on the score discrepancy (I think I commented on at least one of those stories if not more, explaining it there):

• "Harper's Reconing" wasn't a "BTB ending", as far as I'm concerned. it was a RAAC. As specific points:
    1. I definitely did not lower the rating for F/F - as a matter of fact I added an extra star (not because it was F/F marriage directly - that's neither a negative nor positive for me; but because of your skill of presenting that fact as a surprise). As some wiseass (or comic) once said, "if you hate gays, you should cheer and support homosexual marriage; why should only heterosexuals suffer?"
    2. I generally considered the story to be high quality as far as writing skill
    3. I didn't 1- or 2-bomb it like I would a typical RAAC, because BOTH your characters were dirty rotten cheaters, and they deserved each other and RAAC made sure they aren't inflicted on non-cheating population. My personal rating was 3.5 rounded up to 4.
  • "Jacob's progress" got 4 stars from me, the writing quality overall was worth 5 points but I disliked the protagonist on account of him agreeing to fuck a married woman (yes there were extenuating circumstances I won't reveal to avoid spoilers, but he didn't know about them when making that decision). If you made him less of a douche/weakling this way, it would have been a solid 5 stars.
  • I refused to read "Night", and did NOT vote on it; since you honestly advertised what kind of story it would be. I find it squeaky/icky to do sex work if you are in a relationship, but that's my personal view. However, there was no cheating since the spouse was fully informed and fully consented - in my mind that makes him a mentally damaged cuck, but again, there was no coercion to force him into this, so I'm not 1-bombing this like I would a morally problematic typical LW cuck story where the husband is blindsided and typically unethically coerced or defrauded into cucking.
    • Having said that, I just glanced at it, and in my subjective view, the writing quality of it is definitely NOT as high as the first 2 stories listed, if you ignore plot directions. Less so because #3 is bad, and more because the first 2 were actually pretty outstanding quality wise - a high bar to reach; while #3 was just "meh/ok
Personally, I suspect that your first story got lower rating due to RAAC and not due to it being a lesbian couple - but the only way to realistically verify that would be for you to write a separate story which is a "typical" LW (one cheater, no RAAC) but for a lesbian couple. There's too few of these to remember any from other authors at the moment, but my vague impression is that they weren't scored any lower than heterosexual ones.
  • However, I would not be surprised if "Harper" - or any F/F LW story - gets less enthusiasm/upvotes in LW (which would lower average score). It wouldn't be downvoted for being F/F per se; but less people (in a predominantly male audience) would identify with the protagonist directly, hence leading to less engagement. Also, similar to "BTBastard" stories, LW stories where the cheating victim is female, simply don't have the same catharthic fictional impact of "OK, a real male victim of cheating in real life can never get a happy ending, so at least in this BTBitch I get to vicariously experience the WIN on behalf of MC" - whereas, a female victim of cheating doesn't need this fictional catharsis, since she can use family court system to destroy the cheater in real life. So, it's not so much that stories with female cheating victims are disliked, but that they simply fulfill less of a need and thus have less people to emotionally positively engage with them.

Additionally, I don't think that kink was what got the story downvoted either - at the very least not in a direct way (I could see someone seeing it as lower quality simply because kink distracted from the drama plot). Again, it's about how the kink is presented - in "Harper", BDSM was used as excuse for cheating, so the problem was cheating, not BDSM. An extra problem is that most LW stories present a really shitty view of, or form of, BDSM (not your story specifically); so as an actual person in the lifestyle, I would downvote any story where BDSM is presented in "50 shades of idiotic" style; or "BDSM" is equated with "Abusive asshole".

Last edited:
Hi everybody!

Best wishes,

KL
It's sicko freaks like you writing garbage like that who are destroying the Nuclear Family and undermining this once proud nation.

KIDDING šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I go to LW just to read the comments. It's like performance art. Your story sounds fun, I'm gonna go take a look. And I can't WAIT to see the comments!

This is why in addition to using the actual Tags feature (to help readers find it), I also list the tags at the top of the story. Because, readers who just find the story in the list and click to read it won't see the Tags without making a deliberate effort to look at them. They aren't visible by default, so, they can't be relied upon for filtering out uninterested readers.
Not meaning to be disagreeable with anyone...my sense is if you publish in LW, tags and warnings won't prevent you from getting harsh comments. The "Burn the Bitch" crowd think they own the category, and they react angrily (joyfully angry?) to anyone encroaching on "their" territory. If you label or tag it with "Humiliation" or "Cuck," they're as likely or MORE likely to read it.

The Loving Wife Sea is filled with cold water. Small islands of infidelity, open marriages, cuckolded husbands, and cheating wives dot the sea. Around the island's swim, the Great White Reader Sharks sniffing for authors to satisfy their incessant pangs of hunger. But what they like and want for their dinner has such variation no writer is safe. They can please, at times, at other times, they're ripped to shreds. Let the writer be aware, there be monsters here. :kiss: :heart::rose:

I'm thinking of writing a story for LW, based on an idea someone posted here:

Parents are taking their son to college and the way the car is packed, mom has to sit in back on son's lap. You might be familiar with this story.

The twist is that the husband knows and hears everything they do in the back while he's driving.

When the parents return home, all her stuff is in storage and he gives her the divorce papers. Meanwhile the son opens an envelope from the dad stating that he is an adult now and can pay for college himself.

Incest, backseat sex with mom, cheating, and BTB. Maybe it'll do well, maybe not.

I'm thinking of writing a story for LW, based on an idea someone posted here:

Parents are taking their son to college and the way the car is packed, mom has to sit in back on son's lap. You might be familiar with this story.

The twist is that the husband knows and hears everything they do in the back while he's driving.

When the parents return home, all her stuff is in storage and he gives her the divorce papers. Meanwhile the son opens an envelope from the dad stating that he is an adult now and can pay for college himself.

Incest, backseat sex with mom, cheating, and BTB. Maybe it'll do well, maybe not.
I think you're onto a winner... right there!
;)

Back