Discussion: A Request to the Admins to add a Cuckold topic category

KaizerWolf

Virgin
(This request/discussion is for the benefit of readers, some of whom may have a desire to read this polarizing topic, but can’t easily find it. It's also for the benefit of readers who DON'T want to read this topic, and would prefer to not get invested in a story that they 'thought' was 'sharing,' only to have it become cucking.')

Let me start by saying that I’ve been posting on Lit for 3 years now and that I’ve written (not always published, but written) in all the main themes, including: Taboo, Loving Wives/Sharing, Group Sex, Lesbian/Romance, BDSM, Anal, etc. (again, I haven’t published everything I’ve written, but experimented with almost all the categories).

Anyway, I’ve noticed that there is nowhere ‘to go’ (to read or publish) Cuckold stories, if that’s something you want to read or write.

Which has resulted in cuckold stories sprinkled around everywhere (often with poor ratings).

I have seen some really good cuckold stories in Nonhuman that have gotten demolished (both with ratings and really negative comments).

I’ve also seen some amazing cuckold stories in Loving Wives and Taboo that have also gotten demolished with poor ratings and borderline-hateful comments. Sometimes these stories start off as normal ‘sharing/watching’ and they do okay at first, but the moment that the story progresses to actually cucking (which is absolutely not the same as sharing), then a lot of readers will get upset because ‘That’s not what they wanted.’ (And the really negative comments ensue, which can be really demoralizing for writers.)

And in general, if that’s something you want to read, then as a reader, it is very difficult to find such stories, because there is no ‘home’ for them on Lit. It’s a niche topic (though a very addicting one for those who like it), that has ended up sprinkled around everywhere.
And I don't believe that tags are really a solution in this case, because I think Cuckold is too popular (even if it is still very niche) and too polarizing. Like, you wouldn't want to put a Mind Control story in Loving Wives and 'tag it' as Mind Control, even if it otherwise 'fit' the Loving Wives theme. Instead, you would just put it in the Mind Control category, because Mind Control is a polarizing theme.

Now, as I’m sure you realize, the reason why such stories get review bombed is because cuckolding/cheating (which again, is absolutely not the same as sharing/swinging) is obviously extremely polarizing. Those who ‘like it’ actually LOVE it, and those who ‘do not like it’ usually HATE it with a passion.

So let's think about all readers here.

For those who 'hate' it, this has created a bad experience for them.
They will start a story (perhaps it has tags, perhaps not), and start getting invested in the characters, only to run into a cuckold story that they did NOT want to read. And so they leave a bad rating and a hateful comment.

And for those who 'love' it, they search on Lit for such stories, and struggle to find what they are looking for, because these stories have ended up everywhere and often have different 'themes' emphasized in each, due to the current system.

Now, I hear some of you say, but there is ‘Loving Wives!’

But again, let’s think about this in terms of ‘readers.’

For readers, Loving Wives has become the place to go for either ‘Getting revenge on a cheating wife’ (shoutout to Rehnquist by the way, for writing one of my favorite stories on Lit), and/or to read about a man happily ‘sharing/swinging’ with the wife. Sometimes the revenge stories will have cucking in them, but that’s not the focus of the story. The goal of the story is for when the revenge comes, and she gets ‘what she deserves’ for cheating, and then the guy finds a new woman who is faithful and the story ends ‘happily ever after.’

If anything, the cucking added to a Loving Wives story is to make the eventual revenge 'sweeter' for the reader, but that’s very different than a story written where the cucking is the whole point of the story. Where that’s the end goal.

So yeah, if you throw a cuckold story on Loving Wives, where the actual goal of the story is to cheat on, and often be mean to (or humiliate), the person getting cucked (for the arousal of the reader), and it will absolutely get demolished with bad ratings and be demoralizing for the writer when they get hateful comments. Because this ‘niche fetish’ is just too polarizing for most.

Not to mention, not all cuckold stories will fit on Loving Wives. I mean, what if it’s a sister cucking her brother? Or a mother cucking her son? That has to go in Taboo, but it’s not going to be received well there either, because most readers want ‘loving’ relationships in Taboo.

Alternatively, someone who likes Cuckold stories will likely read any flavor of Cuckold, and if there was a Cuckold category, they'd probably binge every single story posted and love every single one, no matter who the characters were or what their relationship was.

The comments would also be more positive, and readers who 'did not' want to read a Cuckold story could more easily avoid it.

As one specific example (not going to name names in this case), I know of a writer on here who has actually shared her own personal stories (not just fiction), and also really likes writing stories that revolve around cuckolding, which she has said is largely because it evokes such powerful emotions in most readers.

And of course, her ‘real life stories’ (and her fiction) often get bad ratings and mean comments, even though the writing is honestly great. Like, her writing is professional quality, but the subject matter earns her sub-par ratings, because she has nowhere to put it where readers can go to find exactly what they are looking for.

And that’s really unfortunate. That a story can honestly be really good, but get bad ratings (and be difficult to find for readers), just because it’s a fetish that is very polarizing.

Now, if this is such a specific niche/fetish, why even care?

Well, in my opinion, I think the reason why it matters is because there are categories for other niches for the same reason. For example, Mind Control, Reluctance, and Gay Male are all fairly polarizing. Either you love it or hate it (there’s often not much in-between, as in there aren’t many people who can read such stories and ‘feel neutral’ while reading it – if you read a Reluctance story, you’re either going to be aroused OR feel like you’ve got a hole in the pit of your stomach – one or the other).

Perhaps cucking is even more polarizing than those, but I think that’s all the more reason for it to have its own home on Lit.

As it currently stands, I’ve seen it sprinkled in pretty much all the other categories, and often to the detriment of both readers and writers.

Anyway, I was very hesitant to post this, because I write a lot of fetishes and don't want to be known for a single fetish, but those are my thoughts on the topic.

What are yours?

Side Note: After I wrote this, I only then decided to do a search on the forums to see if anyone else had brought this up, and it turns out they have (but this request has never gone anywhere). So I know I'm not the only one who believes that Lit would benefit from having Cuckolding as a separate category. Of course, the response in the past has been 'a lot of authors use tags,' but honestly I don't think that's working as a good solution.

Too many readers who 'want to avoid' these kind of stories get invested in a story, and then get angry when it turns into cucking (often ignoring tags and author notes). And too many readers who 'like' these kinds of stories can't easily find them.

People have been asking for a bi-sexual category for two decades, but that never happened. That's possibly a broader niche than cuckolding.

You can put this on your wish list, but don't expect Santa to bring it.

Right now the two options are loving wives where you will get a lot of votes and comments, but it will get eviscerated and a lot of the comments nasty, or fetish where you'll get better comments and feedback, but nowhere near the numbers.

People have been asking for a bi-sexual category for two decades, but that never happened. That's possibly a broader niche than cuckolding.

You can put this on your wish list, but don't expect Santa to bring it.
That's unfortunate to hear, but in my opinion, 'bisexual' is similar to 'blowjob.'

For a lot of people, bisexual is fairly neutral and can easily be a tag in most other niche fetishes.

Alternatively, a lot of the 'main categories' are very polarizing. Taboo is love or hate. Loving Wives is love or hate. Mind Control and Reluctance are love or hate.

If you post a taboo story on Loving Wives, there is going to be a lot of hate, because it's in the wrong category (even if it actually does fit the Loving Wives theme, such as a mother who is cheating on her husband with her son). And I feel like Cuckold meets those same qualifications. It doesn't work well as a tag, just like Reluctance doesn't work well as a tag. Alternatively, blowjob, bisexual, big tits, and other such things all work well as tags, because they aren't polarizing and are instead flavors of kinks that can be mixed in with any other 'fetish recipe.'

It's not hard to find that kind of content if one is at all familiar with using a search tool.

If a reader fails to acknowledge tags or prefaces or other warnings, that is not the kind of reader that deserves special considerations like telling authors to further compartmentalize or partition their work.

If an author chooses to write a story with polarizing content and not warn readers, either by tags or disclaimers, they are probably either looking for angry reactions (in which case they'd probably not post in the cuck category even if it existed) or don't care about such reactions much at all. Sometimes they might be attempting a surprise or some other kind of coyness, which again would be incentive to 'miscategorize' their work or not tag appropriately. If their surprise falls flat and provokes anger or disgust, most of the blame is their own.

Right now the two options are loving wives where you will get a lot of votes and comments, but it will get eviscerated and a lot of the comments nasty, or fetish where you'll get better comments and feedback, but nowhere near the numbers.
Right. I am aware that Loving Wives is where a lot of Cuckold stories can be found, and I know that the Fetish category exists, but I think it's worth noting that there is a lot of discussion online (and even in these forums) about the subject, but no home for those who like it. And I also kind of feel like it's a growing interest, though that's a subjective assessment at this point.

Again, the issue is that it's very polarizing. Which is very much how a lot of the other categories are. Taboo, Anal, Loving Wives, Reluctance, etc., are all things that people usually either love a lot, or hate a lot.

Alternatively, tags like 'blowjob,' 'big tits,' 'creampie,' and 'threesome' work well as tags because they are universally neutral. Rarely do people 'strongly hate' these topics, even if they don't especially love them. And because of that, they are essentially 'good flavors' to add to any 'fetish recipe.' Whereas Cuckolding is not, just like Taboo is not. They are their own separate recipes that often do not mix well together for the average reader.

Alternatively, tags like 'blowjob,' 'big tits,' 'creampie,' and 'threesome' work well as tags because they are universally neutral.
With your personal sex mapping, they are. We all have our own maps. You can't asert universality. (especially the bisexual being so tame as to not ruffle feathers wherever)

Your reasoning and logic is sound but not as universal as you claim. Time has proven it's not a problem they recognize or worth the time/effort investment to solve (Lit feels run on rather archaic software. Very much feels like fixing little things could easily break more critical things so they pass.)

That's unfortunate to hear, but in my opinion, 'bisexual' is similar to 'blowjob.'

For a lot of people, bisexual is fairly neutral and can easily be a tag in most other niche fetishes.
Oh, really? The male side of bisexual includes male-male. Good luck with that anywhere here but GM (which is where I post my bisexual stories, including the next one--because, with MM, there's no place else to safely post it).

You have actually experience in this?

1. It's not hard to find that kind of content if one is at all familiar with using a search tool.

2. If a reader fails to acknowledge tags or prefaces or other warnings, that is not the kind of reader that deserves special considerations like telling authors to further compartmentalize or partition their work.

3. If an author chooses to write a story with polarizing content and not warn readers, either by tags or disclaimers, they are probably either looking for angry reactions (in which case they'd probably not post in the cuck category even if it existed) or don't care about such reactions much at all. Sometimes they might be attempting a surprise or some other kind of coyness, which again would be incentive to 'miscategorize' their work or not tag appropriately. If their surprise falls flat and provokes anger or disgust, most of the blame is their own.
(I numbered your comments, so I can respond to each.)

1. I would agree that the search tool has helped make it easier to find this kind of content, but it has not helped readers avoid it (if they don't want it).

2. I honestly don't feel like that is fair, and I know for a fact it happens a lot. Reading isn't supposed to be a test, where they have to dot their i's and cross their t's. It's supposed to be a casual activity for entertainment, and because of that, a lot of readers will skip over unnecessary stuff, relying on the title and description alone to give a story a try. Furthermore, let's imagine that the Anal category didn't exist, and someone really didn't like anal. You could still make this comment, and I still feel like it wouldn't be fair, because a reader might like everything else about the story until they get to the anal part.

3. The thing with this is, most fetishes that have categories are already polarizing. That's why they have their own separate categories. Taboo is absolutely polarizing. Loving Wives is absolutely polarizing. Reluctance, Mind Control, and quite a few others are very polarizing. Also, you're saying that you think they are doing X or Y, but honestly I'm not sure that making assumptions about writer intentions is really that helpful here. For a lot of writers, it may just be their first time, and they don't know what the 'norm' is when it comes to publishing their story. And honestly, there are a LOT of writers on here who only publish 1 to 4 chapters of a story, and never post anything ever again. For me personally, if I published a Cuckold story, I would give warnings, and I would add the right tags and disclaimers, and it honestly wouldn't help, no more than it would help if I instead wrote a Taboo story and there wasn't as specific category for it.

With your personal sex mapping, they are. We all have our own maps. You can't asert universality. (especially the bisexual being so tame as to not ruffle feathers wherever)

Your reasoning and logic is sound but not as universal as you claim. Time has proven it's not a problem they recognize or worth the time/effort investment to solve (Lit feels run on rather archaic software. Very much feels like fixing little things could easily break more critical things so they pass.)
You are correct about the universality thing, but I feel like that is nitpicking too much.

If we were to run a poll about those particular topics, then I can confidently say that the percentage of people who at least feel neutral toward 'blowjob,' etc., would run upwards of 90% to 95%. Rarely does anyone feel extremely negative toward those topics, which is why they work well as tags. Alternatively, if we ran a poll on the topic of Taboo or Loving Wives, that percentage would probably drop well below 50% (that's why it's a fetish).

I'm a'gonna tells ya exactly how to accomplish your desired goals.

Pay for a domain name and a webhosting account. Load the appropriate software and go for it.

See how simple that is?

Oh, really? The male side of bisexual includes male-male. Good luck with that anywhere here but GM (which is where I post my bisexual stories, including the next one--because, with MM, there's no place else to safely post it).

You have actually experience in this?
If I remember this story correctly, there is a Cuckold story on Loving Wives where the husband does bisexual things, including (if I remember correctly) giving a blowjob. But even if I'm not recalling that correctly, he definitely does some bisexual activities.

https://www.literotica.com/s/how-we-became-a-cuckold-couple

It's rated a 4.3, but if it was in a Cuckold category on its own, then it would probably be rated 4.7 or higher.

You are correct about the universality thing, but I feel like that is nitpicking too much.

If we were to run a poll about those particular topics, then I can confidently say that the percentage of people who at least feel neutral toward 'blowjob,' etc., would run upwards of 90% to 95%. Rarely does anyone feel extremely negative toward those topics, which is why they work well as tags. Alternatively, if we ran a poll on the topic of Taboo or Loving Wives, that percentage would probably drop well below 50% (that's why it's a fetish).
I agree, no one complains about blow job....as opposed to anal which does seem to squick a fair amount of people. This is why BJ doesn't need its own category. The person you're replying to is just being contrarian.

If I had my way, I wouldn't add a cuck category, I would change "loving wives" to Hotwife/cuck because it seems like that's a good portion of the stories and of course cheating which would fall under hot wife.

The only stories that appease the trolling factions over there are revenge stories most of which have no place being in the category at all because they're not erotic, they're just violent, and they want stories of loyal wives and bestest husbands ever and happy happy stuff which....what the hell is the niche there? Publish in erotic couplings or romance in that case.

But nothing will ever change here. Readers and authors who like things a bit off the mainstream path have to navigate the mine field of the limited categories and the readerships that dwell within them.

(I numbered your comments, so I can respond to each.)

1. I would agree that the search tool has helped make it easier to find this kind of content, but it has not helped readers avoid it (if they don't want it).

2. I honestly don't feel like that is fair, and I know for a fact it happens a lot. Reading isn't supposed to be a test, where they have to dot their i's and cross their t's. It's supposed to be a casual activity for entertainment, and because of that, a lot of readers will skip over unnecessary stuff, relying on the title and description alone to give a story a try. Furthermore, let's imagine that the Anal category didn't exist, and someone really didn't like anal. You could still make this comment, and I still feel like it wouldn't be fair, because a reader might like everything else about the story until they get to the anal part.

3. The thing with this is, most fetishes that have categories are already polarizing. That's why they have their own separate categories. Taboo is absolutely polarizing. Loving Wives is absolutely polarizing. Reluctance, Mind Control, and quite a few others are very polarizing. Also, you're saying that you think they are doing X or Y, but honestly I'm not sure that making assumptions about writer intentions is really that helpful here. For a lot of writers, it may just be their first time, and they don't know what the 'norm' is when it comes to publishing their story. And honestly, there are a LOT of writers on here who only publish 1 to 4 chapters of a story, and never post anything ever again. For me personally, if I published a Cuckold story, I would give warnings, and I would add the right tags and disclaimers, and it honestly wouldn't help, no more than it would help if I instead wrote a Taboo story and there wasn't as specific category for it.
1. It helps me avoid it. If I see a story tagged with scat, for example, I know it's not for me. People who don't check the tags bear most of the fault if they find a turd in what they're reading (metaphorically). [edit-And assuming the author bothered with tags, which not all do. I never read untagged stories anymore for basically this reason.]
2. Readers who skip over 'unnecessary' stuff like author warnings and then being upset about finding whatever turns them off only have a valid complaint if the author failed to mention, "Oh, by the way, there's tentacle sex" or whatever. If it happens a lot, as you assert, then I wager you are hearing complaints from people who often whine about unfairness in only one direction (theirs).
3. I concede that some of the stuff under discussion might be made by people who haven't been around long, either as readers or writers, and don't have a good grasp of how things work on the site. But adding another category is not going to help with that issue any more than it would help with the other types of writers I specifically mentioned. In that case, their problem is mostly lack of research or preparation, not failing to find the perfect category for their cucktale sauce.

I'm a'gonna tells ya exactly how to accomplish your desired goals.

Pay for a domain name and a webhosting account. Load the appropriate software and go for it.

See how simple that is?
Rather than being rude and combative(great mod behavior BTW) you could acknowledge the fact that additional categories such as cuck, bi sexual and maybe some others would help the authors, the readers and hence the site itself.

Maybe if they wanted to spend a little more money or hire someone to work on the site for them, those things could happen. But...they'd have to care. The only upgrades we've gotten here have been out of necessity because their tech was falling so far behind they were risking losing readers-especially younger ones-to other sites.

"Nitpicking" and you conveniently focus on the milquetoast BJ not the bisexual which I focused on and Keith pointed out is more problematic than maybe you're admitting.
I mean, if we're basing actions on fictitious statistics....

84xcg1.jpg

I get you're animated in your belief. I even believe it would be an improvement. (along with a slew of other QoL implementations)

But the fact of the matter is, it, and things others consider bigger fish) haven't been address and at some point you have to wonder if there aren't other factors at play.

I mentioned the backend and effort/payoff considerations.

Fair or not (Lit fair?) it is what it is and you only frustrate yourself dwelling on it.

That assumes the anti-cuck partisans don't start hovering around the new cuck category.
They most likely will.
Cuck would join GM Incest and NC as trump categories and the three existing ones all have those trolls that comment "You sick bastard that was(gay/rape/incest" and bomb it....and you want to ask what the hell are you doing here then? Cuck would be no different

However, on a plus side, if the cuck writers and readers had that option it might restore some sanity to the LW categor

I agree, no one complains about blow job....as opposed to anal which does seem to squick a fair amount of people. This is why BJ doesn't need its own category. The person you're replying to is just being contrarian.
Thank you. And yeah, that's why I think they made Anal it's own category.
If I had my way, I wouldn't add a cuck category, I would change "loving wives" to Hotwife/cuck because it seems like that's a good portion of the stories and of course cheating which would fall under hot wife.
The reason why I think it needs to be it's own category is because there is a lot of variety. For example 'black bull' and 'male impotence' is one flavor combination, but there's also the variety where the husband getting cucked is handsome and the guy the woman is cheating on is ugly (but she eventually falls in love due to the good sex, or something similar).

I could list out other variations, including taboo and reluctance variations, but you get the idea.

The only stories that appease the trolling factions over there are revenge stories most of which have no place being in the category at all because they're not erotic, they're just violent, and they want stories of loyal wives and bestest husbands ever and happy happy stuff which....what the hell is the niche there? Publish in erotic couplings or romance in that case.
Yeah, I feel like Loving Wives isn't what it was really meant to be originally, and I think the reason why is because there's only the one category for several polarizing fetishes. Hence, this is part of the reason why I'm bringing the subject up.

But nothing will ever change here. Readers and authors who like things a bit off the mainstream path have to navigate the mine field of the limited categories and the readerships that dwell within them.
You are probably right. And that's unfortunate, but figured it couldn't hurt to bring it up.

I want a lesbian femdom BDSM and piss-drinking category.

Plus a kinky space cephalopod category.

And a slutty ex-angels / anal category would be nice.

Em

I mean, if we're basing actions on fictitious statistics....
Yes, those are fictitious statistics, but I'm sure you can agree with the generalized point. The meme made me legitimately laugh, btw.

I get you're animated in your belief. I even believe it would be an improvement. (along with a slew of other QoL implementations)

But the fact of the matter is, it, and things others consider bigger fish) haven't been address and at some point you have to wonder if there aren't other factors at play.
I will admit that I'm not aware of what bigger issues have been circulating, and the main reason I brought this up is because I feel like it would not be too difficult to implement a new category. Of course, I could be completely wrong, but I have enough basic knowledge of how apps and programming work to feel like this would be a doable addition.

Fair or not (Lit fair?) it is what it is and you only frustrate yourself dwelling on it.

To be honest, I'm not really frustrated about it at all. I just figured I'd bring it up and see what people have to say.

So far, it seems like the general consensus is, "Yeah, it would be a good idea, but probably not going to happen."

But then, if it's at least a good idea, then why not at least ask for it? (Even if the answer is silence and/or no?) Can't hurt, right?

However, on a plus side, if the cuck writers and readers had that option it might restore some sanity to the LW categor
And that's another reason why I bring it up. It feels like Loving Wives was intended for one thing, but has become something else entirely because there's not options for the 'other things.'

So far, it seems like the general consensus is, "Yeah, it would be a good idea, but probably not going to happen."

But then, if it's at least a good idea, then why not at least ask for it? (Even if the answer is silence and/or no?) Can't hurt, right?
I'd amend it to "and let's also address this good idea, and that good idea, oh and really it's almost embarrassing we haven't implemented such and such idea."

Reasonable requests have piled like cordwood. Yours has been asked. Along with many reasonable others.

At some point, inaction is its own answer.

I want a lesbian femdom BDSM and piss-drinking category.

Plus a kinky space cephalopod category.

And a slutty ex-angels / anal category would be nice.
I know you're just being sarcastic, but I'll respond anyway.

Most of the categories exist because they are polarizing. People who like to read Loving Wives often don't like to read Taboo, and vice versa. Of course, there are always exceptions, but things like Anal, Reluctance, Mind Control, and others have people who love or hate it.

Obviously, Lesbian and BDSM have categories. Cephalopod also has a category (Sci-Fi & Fantasy).

However, you do bring up a good point.

Water Sports is very polarizing and should probably have its own category (for the same reason). There are definitely people who have that kink and it would definitely be appropriate to have that category.

Back