Page size

acup

Experienced
Joined
Mar 18, 2013
Posts
57
Looked all over and it's hiding from me.

What is the page size for Literotica?

I have a general formula for standard page size from Word to Lit, butt it's not always right and I would like to give an accurate page number for long stories without having to submit, preview, cancel, add the page warning, then re-submit.

Anybody with the correct info would be greatly appreciated.
 
Looked all over and it's hiding from me.

What is the page size for Literotica?

I have a general formula for standard page size from Word to Lit, butt it's not always right and I would like to give an accurate page number for long stories without having to submit, preview, cancel, add the page warning, then re-submit.

Anybody with the correct info would be greatly appreciated.

In Word i use a 1.25" border all around and a size 12 font. Six of these pages equals approximately one Lit page.

Lit pages are set at a certain number of characters plus or minus so your mileage might vary.
 
Thanks

That's what I get for maximizing my page and setting boarders to .5"

Will check it on the next post and see how it comes out.
 
Looked all over and it's hiding from me.

What is the page size for Literotica?

I have a general formula for standard page size from Word to Lit, butt it's not always right and I would like to give an accurate page number for long stories without having to submit, preview, cancel, add the page warning, then re-submit.

Anybody with the correct info would be greatly appreciated.

A general formula is the best you're going to get. As best as I can determine Lit breaks stories every 14K characters. But it also includes orphan controls and breaks pages at paragraphs when possible.

Many moons ago, I averaged the first page of each of 100 multi-page stories; the average page was 3,767 words plus-or-minus about 400 words.. Literotica has updated and changed the scripts that process stories, but a rough figure of 3500 words still works for a reasonable estimation.
 
Font size 12. Never bothered about the margin specifications, but it's the MS word default.

For me, 10 MS word pages = 1 Lit Page

11th page starts the second Lit page, and so on.

I stick to this formula.
 
If you cut and paste your story into the submission form and preview, you will get a rough approximation of the number of Lit. pages +- 1 or 2 pages.
 
Page size is pretty much irrelevant as a measurement because they vary so much. It's better to go by wordage.
 
I took one of my early stories and copied the first page from Lit, then pasted to my word processor. It came to about 3700 words per Lit page and about 19,700 total characters, including spaces.

The font that my word processor (Libre Office) showed for that pasted page was "verdana" at 9 point type. The page width was set right at 5" wide.

Since then that is what I use as I write. It comes up pretty close to the paragraph depth that I think looks best on Lit. And I can see the word and character count to see how many pages my story is going to show on Lit, although the exact lines per paragraph can be off by a word or three.

I have noticed that the word count per page on my Lit page varies depending on how long I make paragraphs and how much conversation I have in the story, - Each time a different person speaks I space it just like a paragraph - so it uses up character spaces and I get fewer words per lit page.

Anyway, it's a bit convoluted but that's what I do. I suppose if I used Times New Roman 12 point and didn't mess with the margins it would come out OK as well, but I've got a system and I've been sticking with it.

edited: The main reason I use my method is that I can easily see how big my paragraphs look, important to me since my first story was rejected, partly, for paragraphs being too long.
 
Last edited:
Since Lit converts your effort anyway into their own font style and size, then I don't really think it's so important to count the pages in your own Word setup. You can probably write in Adobe Garamond Pro Bold point size 24 for all they care. They will convert it to their own font. As a rough guide, I've found it works out approx. 3500-3600 words per Lit page.
 
My advice is don't worry about it. I super don't care what a lit page size it. The story or chapter I post is the length is it. I'll write to a minimum word/page count when somebody pays me to (which ain't gonna happen since this is just a hobby for me).
 
Back
Top