Over 50 Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot is good.. I spent almost 20 years living in the Arizona desert.. Loved it!

We have a massive desert in the middle of Aussie land, which is why all our major cities are around the coast. Big land mass and is a continent but severe lack of water in the middle bit. The heat will kill you if don't know where to find water out there. So in that case hot is not good
 
Nice and cool in Melbourne town today and a little rain which is badly needed. Has been another warm week. Spent most of it doing some more tasks on the painting list, it's a long list but I'm getting thru it. So much for just taking it easy in retirement.
 
Supposedly there's a major storm coming Friday. It looks as if we're going to miss the brunt of it, getting rain, wind, and snow only. No major accumulation.

I want summer now!
I want to bring my laptop to the park and work there in the sun!
 
Afternoon all,

It's Moomba time at the end of the week here in Melbourne town in Aussie land. Basically a carnival which also combines a public holiday, then it will be Grand Prix time again here in Melbourne in a couple of weeks. So it's party month.

The weather seems like it's going to stay warm for a while yet even though Summer is officially over. Back up to the 30's (high 80's F) later this week and into the weekend.
 
This seems a good place to say hi.

I'm 56 :) and warm - spending the winter in Florida!

Heading back to icy Minnesota in a couple weeks.
 
*rub rub*

I've heard it's been miserable. :(

Thanks for the rub :devil:

I don't shovel myself out: neighbor has her husband do it :devil:
It's annoying getting to work.

And I want to get to a sunny beach, sit on the sand with an umbrella drink, and be in a bikini.
 
Winter hasn’t been to bad here in KY. Cold but not much snow but we have had the rain and lots of flooding. The Ohio river was out of its banks and flooded many reas on the WV,OH and KY borders.

Fla is nice and I used to live there. By the way 63
 
I'm 58 and it's still cold here. Gonna put on something less and dance to warm up!
 
Chilly and sunny morning in the Carolinas. Spring buds are in bloom. Must we cooperate with the Time change this weekend?
 
Late 60s here. Tall, dark (except silver hair), handsome, and infirm of body and mind, hardly worth anything to anybody, but my wife isn't yet ready to dump me. I cast the spell well, it seems. But all magic exacts a price. What is the debt of devotion?
 
Well it seems like there's been a bit of rubbing since I last posted. Still in the warm temps here in Aussie land, warmer still in our north as it's tropical cyclone time up there. Going to be 32 C (89F) here in Melbourne town tomorrow and it seems the warmer temps will be with us till mid April at least may be longer.

Daylight savings due to end here in a couple of weeks thank goodness, silly time. The east coast will get back to the same time zone and Aussie rules footy season will be starting.
 
Winter hasn’t been to bad here in KY. Cold but not much snow but we have had the rain and lots of flooding. The Ohio river was out of its banks and flooded many reas on the WV,OH and KY borders.

Fla is nice and I used to live there. By the way 63




Rain, rain, and more rain in Alabama too! 52
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top