The 2019 Literotica Geek Pride Story Event: Official Support Thread

"Stand-alone." As long as it's a complete in itself stand-alone story, I don't see any reason to rule out sequels and prequels. Same with serials - as long as the story can stand on it's own. It's an "Event", not a competition so I think we can do a little bit more flexible.

Just think "Stand-alone" and we're singing and dancing.... :D

Oh, that's great :heart: - I was going to PM you and ask but you saved me the effort.

Okay then. My story last year was set in the Star Trek Universe, focusing on Cadet (now Lt.) Sylvia Tilley from Discovery, reassigned to the Starship Hood under Captain William Dodge. It was called "The Lieutenant". I'm working on a followup featuring Tilley, a Romulan Master Spy, Orion Traders, Klingon Diplomats, a Bisexual Chief Engineer and The Kobayashi Maru test. Oh, and lots more interspecies sex. I'm still working on a title.

Did I leave my tricorder over there?

Okay then. My story last year was set in the Star Trek Universe, focusing on Cadet (now Lt.) Sylvia Tilley from Discovery, reassigned to the Starship Hood under Captain William Dodge. It was called "The Lieutenant". I'm working on a followup featuring Tilley, a Romulan Master Spy, Orion Traders, Klingon Diplomats, a Bisexual Chief Engineer and The Kobayashi Maru test. Oh, and lots more interspecies sex. I'm still working on a title.

Make it so. Engage!

Ohhhhh, wonderful! Make it so, Mr! :D

feet geeks arise!

BEAM US OVER: Three modern geeks (no chicken-biters nor pencil-necks) frantically inventing electronically optimized telepathic Trekkie boots find love and psychosis in a collapsed Radio Shack basement in Albuquerque. Hilarity ensues, and more bright ideas.

SIX FEET DOWN: Foot-fetishist shoe geeks robbing graves to retrieve exotic footwear meet for love and light shoveling. Why don't we do it in the dirt? Don't mind the bones.

DO MY FEET LOOK BIG? Comely cosplay geekette reconstructing Cinderella's costume locates the original magic crystal slippers. She is overjoyed until her Prius turns into a pumpkin, too late for Hallowe'en. Only jilling-off is left.

PASS THE SNIFF TEST: Geeky shoe salesman pretending to only be a foot fetishist plants spycams under seats throughout the store. It's okay, he's no perv -- he streams videos to paying foot-hounds.

Ok I’m still a little nervous and I could use some input from the esteemed crew of the starship Literotica... If you would take a look at those three ideas and let me know if you have an opinion regarding which—if any—you think looks most interesting.

A) A college student at MIT who is working on his PhD project in AI & Robotics takes out an ad in local BDSM zines looking for a male and female sub who will allow themselves to be wired and put through various “exercises” so the student can gather telemetry data for use in his project. He discovers that he is quite good at being a Dom and enjoys the power it imparts. That student’s name is Arnold Weber.

B) Home tech/IOT geek working for a major big box retailer is requested to help a customer troubleshoot a problem with their security system. When he gets there he is shown the nanny cam footage and everything looks fine. As a matter of fact it looks incredible bc the footage is of the MILF customer fucking herself silly with various toys and now she wants Aaron to take the place of her toys.

C) In the story Ex Machina Ava escapes from her stronghold after killing her creator and imprisioning Caleb—the guy who helped her escape—now she’s loose in NYC. This story follows her through a series of encounters as she explores her new found sexuality in F/M hetero, F/F lesbian, F/F/M three way, gangbang and BDSM scenes. How does it end? I have no idea... yet.

Thoughts???

I'd say that A is a good geek story. B probably isn't. C is if Ava is an android, but you don't say that.

Geek Pride isn't a contest. It's an opportunity to let your geek flag fly. Last year I held my story out of Geek Pride because -- despite being Sci/Fi -- it didn't seem geeky enough. I regretted that later, because putting the story into the event would have helped with exposure, and it turned out that a lot of the stories were less geeky than the discussion on this forum.

Ok I’m still a little nervous and I could use some input from the esteemed crew of the starship Literotica... If you would take a look at those three ideas and let me know if you have an opinion regarding which—if any—you think looks most interesting.

Thoughts???
Each of those scenarios could be quite complex and ambitious. My general advice for new writers to erotica (and how I learned my chops myself) is to start with something short and simple, two main characters, a straightforward encounter or two; target 10,000 words or so (three Lit pages). That way, the deadline won't freak you out (too much) and you won't overwhelm yourself.

Also, there is no shame if you don't get something finished for these collections (I'm pencilled in for both the One Night and the Geek Anthology, and might well miss both) - it's not the end of the world!

I'd say that A is a good geek story. B probably isn't. C is if Ava is an android, but you don't say that.

Geek Pride isn't a contest. It's an opportunity to let your geek flag fly. Last year I held my story out of Geek Pride because -- despite being Sci/Fi -- it didn't seem geeky enough. I regretted that later, because putting the story into the event would have helped with exposure, and it turned out that a lot of the stories were less geeky than the discussion on this forum.

Thanks for the feedback. Ava is indeed an android and having passed the Turing test in the movie is currently an AGI on the move up. In the movie her creator affirms that all her parts are working thus her journey to sexual self discovery in my story.

I appreciate your advice and understand that it’s not a contest but as a new author I think that the exposure could be a positive thing.

Each of those scenarios could be quite complex and ambitious. My general advice for new writers to erotica (and how I learned my chops myself) is to start with something short and simple, two main characters, a straightforward encounter or two; target 10,000 words or so (three Lit pages). That way, the deadline won't freak you out (too much) and you won't overwhelm yourself.

Also, there is no shame if you don't get something finished for these collections (I'm pencilled in for both the One Night and the Geek Anthology, and might well miss both) - it's not the end of the world!

Thanks for the advice EB

If you're thinking of writing a story for Geek Pride, it'd be great if you could post your tentative story title here. I'd like to get a list of at least some stories and authors to Laurel for Sunday evening so that when she posts the announcement next week, there's a few names and stories listed. I'll get the ball rolling and put my neck on the chopping block! Gulp! :eek:

2019 Geek Pride Day Stories and Authors

"Timeo Artifices et Membra Virilia Denudens" (Beware of Geeks Baring Dicks) - by Chloe Tzang

A) A college student at MIT who is working on his PhD project in AI & Robotics takes out an ad in local BDSM zines looking for a male and female sub who will allow themselves to be wired and put through various “exercises” so the student can gather telemetry data for use in his project. He discovers that he is quite good at being a Dom and enjoys the power it imparts. That student’s name is Arnold Weber.

Thoughts???

PhD student at MIT + sex. I don't care what Arnold went on to accomplish. Nope. Seems very unlikely it happened at MIT.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. Any recommendations for alternatives? :confused:

This being the world of fiction, you're free to run with your idea if you want. It sounds like a good idea to me.I have an idea for a story that's somewhat like this, but it's going to be a long story and it's in the early development phase so it won't be coming out for a long time.

AI has lots of promise for interesting erotica.

If you're thinking of writing a story for Geek Pride, it'd be great if you could post your tentative story title here. I'd like to get a list of at least some stories and authors to Laurel for Sunday evening so that when she posts the announcement next week, there's a few names and stories listed. I'll get the ball rolling and put my neck on the chopping block! Gulp! :eek:

"Timeo Artifices et Membra Virilia Denudens" (Beware of Geeks Baring Dicks) - by Chloe Tzang
Songs of Seduction - Fire and Flesh (planned to be a self-contained second part to last year's Angel and the Astronaut story, because for every angel, there's a demon, right?).

This being the world of fiction, you're free to run with your idea if you want. It sounds like a good idea to me..

MIT has a series of little-known corridors underneath the campus, designed to allow you to avoid the dreadful winter weather. There's an official map, but there is much more outside the official routes. It's very easy to get lost in the labyrinth.

Also, there is a chapter of the Society for Creative Anachronism that is usually quite active and has all sorts of possibilities involving chain mail.

I look forward to reading whatever you come up with!

Last edited:
Good point. OK, then I'll be helpful rather than wistful. MIT has a series of little-known corridors underneath the campus, designed to allow you to avoid the dreadful winter weather. There's an official map, but there is much more outside the official routes. It's very easy to get lost in the labyrinth.

Also, there is a chapter of the Society for Creative Anachronism that is usually quite active and has all sorts of possibilities involving chain mail.

Hmmmm scintillating...

That storyline is looking stronger than the other two right now but I saw Alita Battle Angel (backwards as usual :rolleyes: ) last night and began rereading my copies of the original books so I might veer off to something in that universe if the mood strikes me.

Anyway thanks for the feedback, as a Jersey Boy myself (back in the day) I appreciate the assist.

Steamy Powerhouse -- by JerseyGirlDownUnder
Locked in for a night at the geekiest museum in Sydney

Good point. OK, then I'll be helpful rather than wistful. MIT has a series of little-known corridors underneath the campus, designed to allow you to avoid the dreadful winter weather. There's an official map, but there is much more outside the official routes. It's very easy to get lost in the labyrinth.

I know a little about MIT, and I can understand what you're saying. I did not go to a school known for its wild sex life. But the thing about sex is it's like cockroaches; wherever you are, you may not see it personally, but you know it's there, somewhere. And there's no limit to how many cockroaches an imagination can conjure up.

And there's no limit to how many cockroaches an imagination can conjure up.
Branching out, I see ;)

Simon's Geek Anthology entry: Jacinta and the Cockroach of Doom - a post-apocalypse tale where the only human survivor is Jacinta, but she has plenty of creepy-crawly company :).

Branching out, I see ;)

Simon's Geek Anthology entry: Jacinta and the Cockroach of Doom - a post-apocalypse tale where the only human survivor is Jacinta, but she has plenty of creepy-crawly company :).

I assume the no-beastiality rule does not apply to insects?

I assume the no-beastiality rule does not apply to insects?

Depends on how big the little bastards are ;)

Are you sure you don't want her?
https://www.deviantart.com/mertail/art/White-Cockroach-718880830
PS must confirm birthdate before viewing, no sign in required

So spent the day picking through about 10 stories and ideas.

Tentatively "Demon Next Door" for the title.

Chloe would you talk to Laurel about the other categories? Make sure she's ok with Geek stories in places other than Sci fi.

Last edited:
D

Chloe would you talk to Laurel about the other categories? Make sure she's ok with Geek stories in places other than Sci fi.

I understood Chloe's message above to be a clear invitation to submit non-sci fi stories so long as they have something geeky about them. My story definitely is NOT science fiction. It involves characters who are geeky fans of science fiction, specifically Star Trek. If I'm incorrect and all stories must be in sci fi then I'll skip the event.

I understood Chloe's message above to be a clear invitation to submit non-sci fi stories so long as they have something geeky about them. My story definitely is NOT science fiction. It involves characters who are geeky fans of science fiction, specifically Star Trek. If I'm incorrect and all stories must be in sci fi then I'll skip the event.

That's the way I took it too. But I don't want any last minute hiccups.

Back