The 2023 Geek Pride Story Event: Official Support Page

I’m doing a superhero take on an LW story. No event will escape my downer energy!

Last year, I wrote a story about statistical analysis of penis size. This year, I've got a bit of an idea that's a mix of Sword Art Online anime and Tron.

See what happens...

Last year, I wrote a story about statistical analysis of penis size. This year, I've got a bit of an idea that's a mix of Sword Art Online anime and Tron.

See what happens...
Last year I did a fan fiction on the Anime GATE, man that was fun to write!

I got my start writing doing fanfics of the Aussie produced TV show Farscape years and years ago.

Count me in! Wouldn’t miss it for the world.

I’m pondering a few ideas... Techno-magic Pro Wrestling is the first that jumps out at me. Another “Strike Force” Sentai/kamen-rider story is another strong option.

For some reason since yesterday I was able to come up with a concept for this even thought I hadn't planned to be in it. I've tried writing some of it today to see if it might be feasible. I've only got about 645 words so far but I'm beginning to think it might just work. The only things I'll say about it is that it will be in the romance category, it's told in the first person by a young woman, and it mostly takes place in modern Virginia.

Just out of curiosity because I'm fairly new to the site, can your submission be a story you're planning on turning into a series but can still stand on its own merit as a one-off?

Just out of curiosity because I'm fairly new to the site, can your submission be a story you're planning on turning into a series but can still stand on its own merit as a one-off?

Almost every story I submit here is connected to something else I've written, often quite clearly.

The key is that your contest entries need to stand on their own, as their own stories. You can recycle other characters or settings, but the story you enter for the contest has to be complete as a story. You can refer to prior events in other stories, but I've found it's best to be oblique with those references.

Later, when you "turn it into a series," you can mess with the titles and such.

At this point, I only envision it as a one-off. I've had stand-alone stories that did turn into series. I've also added sequels, without planning for them, that in effect became series. I've also started series and been unable to come up with a firm conclusion. So it's hard to predict what will happen with these things.

I just finished and submitted three stories, and my slate is empty. I think I'm going to start this one now.

Lets see... I've got two in Editing phase for April Fools, the final chapter of We're a Wonderful Wife being written, One for Geek Pride being written, one for On the Job being written, two on deck for AI Era, one on deck for Crime and Punishment, another chapter in Stormwatch and a new epic romance that comes out in November. I may need a new keyboard.

Lets see... I've got two in Editing phase for April Fools, the final chapter of We're a Wonderful Wife being written, One for Geek Pride being written, one for On the Job being written, two on deck for AI Era, one on deck for Crime and Punishment, another chapter in Stormwatch and a new epic romance that comes out in November. I may need a new keyboard.

You really enjoy being in these events, I see. They definitely are a way to attract reader attention.

I'm going to avoid contests after this month and stick to events. Just to take it easy for a while. I wote 40 stories this past year, it is a bit much

Last edited:
I'm going to avoid contests after this month and stick to events. Just to take it easy for a while. I wote 40 stories this past year, it is a bit much
I often don't distinguish between contests and events, although I eventually notice what it is. I've been in a few contests on a couple of sites, but I've never won. But maybe it doesn't matter; they are stories just the same.

You must mean forty since about February 2022?

I often don't distinguish between contests and events, although I eventually notice what it is.

Lol, same. I treat them all the same, as challenges to go outside my comfort zone a tad. Some don't attract me at all, though, on either the event side or the contest side.

I am so looking forward to this challenge! I only recently started posting stories on this site because I found the list of challenges and contests, and suddenly got super motivated after seeing this one.

Since I play D&D with my husband, and he plays a half-orc character, I decided to write the story of how his parents met. A badass, seven-foot tall, full-blooded orc being adorably sweet to a human woman he likes. It will be cute and silly, then hot and steamy...

Hi, Chloe, thanks for hosting this again. I had a lot of fun with this event in 2021 so I'm in.

My 2021 story, My Math Problem, featured a nerdy CPA who was fixated on an equation predicting whether a relationship with a younger woman would work rather than focusing on her and the intricacies of the relationship itself. For the 2023 event, the protagonist of the story has to overcome serious geekiness as he learns about himself and about the young lady upon whom he's set his eyes.

Given I am now apparently a Sci-Fi writer, I’m in.

One question, I have three different ideas, I assume it’s just one submission, right?

Em

I'm posting this thread to officially kick off the "2023 Literotica Geek Pride Story Event”. Laurel will be creating the Event Page shortly - submissions can be sent in between May 15th and May 24th, with a Wednesday May 25th Go Live Date. That's MONTHS AWAY. Plenty of time for you to write something!

This thread is to SUPPORT and ENCOURAGE authors to enter stories in the 2023 Literotica Geek Pride Story Event. If you have questions, post them here and someone will answer. It might be me, it might be someone else here but don't be shy. Ask.

Here on Literotica, in recognition of Geek Pride Day, one of our fellow writers, PuckIt, organized the inaugural Literotica Geek Pride Day Story Event on May 25th, 2018. This was such a popular event with writers and readers last year that we ran it again in 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022, and we’re enthusiastically running it again for 2023 - our 6th year for this event!

Yours truly has volunteered once again to kick the Geek Day Event off and at least try and answer any questions. (Although I may plead for help if the answers to the questions are beyond me).

The 25th of May was first organized as Geek Pride Day in 2006 by the Spanish blogger Germán Martínez (known online as Señor Buebo). Since then, Geek Pride Day has slowly gained international recognition (in certain Geek circles) and we on Literotica want to do our bit to continue to celebrate Geek Pride.

So let your freak flag fly! Write a story for Literotica’s 2023 Geek Pride Day Story Event.

Let the Force guide your fingers. Start writing! This is an OPEN TO ANYONE event - it's not “by invitation only." This isn’t a competition. There’s no placing. There’s no prizes. This is for the sheer joy of writing alongside a bunch of other Literotica writers. This is for anyone on Literotica who would like to try it out. You don't have to have written anything before to write for this event. First time writers and veteran Literoticans alike are all invited and encouraged to participate.

The Rules are actually awesomely simple
1. Have a story idea with some kind of geeky theme. Sci-Fi or Fantasy is the most likely category, but if you want to get geeky in any other category, you go for it!
3. Any geeky subject, any category, any length you like. But please, only stand-alone stories (if you want to clarify that, just ask right here in this Official Support Thread).
4. Author must copy and paste the phrase "2023 Literotica Geek Pride Story Event " in the "Notes" field of the submission. We recommend that you COPY & PASTE it into the NOTES field to avoid typos.
6. Please use “Geek Pride” as a story tag.
7. All entries to be submitted from May 15th through to 11:59pm, May 24th - with a Go Live Date of Wednesday May 25th. You can submit any time between May 15th and May 24th. All stories will be posted on Wednesday May 25th.

That’s it.

So what are you waiting for? Start writing?

Lastly, a special thank-you to PuckIt for originating this very fun story event back in 2018, and to Laurel, Manu, and Literotica for hosting.
Question:

I wasn’t planning on doing anything bar a stand-alone story, but I use the chapter structure to also group stand-alone stories by theme. E.g. stories from when I was at college, fantasy stories etc. Will it be problematic if I use this structure?

Em

Last edited:
Question:

I wasn’t planning on doing anything bar a stand-alone story, but I use the chapter structure to also group stand-alone stories by theme. E.g. stories from when I was at college, fantasy stories etc. Will it be problematic if I use this structure?

Em
It's a challenge, not a contest, so it shouldn't matter, but @ChloeTzang is the head wrangler on this herd of cats, she should have the final say.

Back