What's off about this? Let's test attention to detail.

Producer Guy: “So, you have an Addams Family show for me?”
Writer Guy: “No, I have a female copy of Harry Potter and I slapped Wednesday Addams’ name on her.”
Producer Guy: “Misuse of intellectual property is tight!”
Writer Guy: “It’s super easy, barely an inconvenience.”

The black and white did not jump out at me as being off. It's stylistically and thematically consistent with the rest of the show.

What was off-putting about the whole series was how derivative it was. The plot was painfully unimaginative. The dance scene carried the series imo.

Also, though I didn't like this version of Wednesday, I adore Jenna Ortega.

I was considering watching it, but it didn't really 'grab' me from the trailer, and this makes me even less interested.

Thinking about it just now, the thing I loved about the Adams family was they fully embraced their weird. So the idea of shunting her off to a boarding school for magic people feels like it goes against the premise of the show. And kind of derivative, now that I think about it more.

You put your finger exactly on why this show was such a disappointment. Wednesday Addams in a world full of Wednesday Addams' is uninteresting.

@MajorRewrite

That was so funny.
In summary: if you loved Harry Potter, and the Umbrella Academy, and know nothing of the original Addams family, then Wednesday is the show fir you!

Last edited:
The biggest problem I have is that I thought Wednesday was only six or seven years old.

BTW, speaking of attention to detail, anyone notice it’s roughly the same music?

Back