Comments running new writer off

Hell Mr/miss anonymous suggested that my writing style was as drunk as my characters.
I'm still writing... hopefully a little better.

So, what is the deal with Loving Wives? The stories I’ve read seem to be about naughty wives having fun. Then, if they have too much fun, there is weeping and gnashing of teeth in the Comments??
I’m sticking to mostly EV; I just keep coming up with silly reasons why wives are stripping off. Not as many readers as LW, but there’s always trade offs.

Comments may not have run her off. The majority of writers here only post a few times before finding another hobby. “Been there, done that” seems to be the common sentiment.

As a writer who takes loooooooooong breaks between stories, I can assure you that comments don’t impact me. On the contrary, I enjoy zapping comments left by lunatics. (Yes, I have a couple of stories in LW).

It always boggled my mind, how cheating invokes such strong emotions from readers, but at the same time I don't remember ever having seen anyone complain under a noncon story, about how filthy rape really is.

I wonder why that is?
- maybe it's the loving wives category being slightly misleading in name?
- maybe it's the fact that a cheating wife is a woman, which pisses off the same broken folks, that would otherwise be okay forcing themselves on one..

Dunno really. At times I wish I would have studied psychology, so many research opportunities that I believe are largely untapped.:)

I mean there sure are some double standards there in society:
- a man having a different partner for every night is proof of how manly a beast he is.
- a women doing the same is considered a whore :)

Strange world we live in.

There is some small elements of this involved, but if you write a story with a cheating husband - especially on what most would consider a sweet and undeserving wife - you get bombarded with a bountiful amount of hate as well. Probably slightly less, however. But so called "Burn the bastard" stories where a husband gets punished for poor behaviour of infidelity and mistreatment do extremely well in the category. I think that many of the readers have some sort of fetish for getting angry at someone they feel "deserves it" or something. (I don't fully get it, so it is part speculation.)

I think you're correct about the slightly misleading name, but we mustn't forget the fact that many are looking around within the category for "swinger and sharing" stuff which is consensual. Furthermore, many of these LW stories are presented as real-life experiences rather than fantasies which isn't the case nearly as often in the NonCon category that you compared it to.

Why would someone continuously and relentlessly rub their nose in what they believe is crap, and then instantly turn around and declare, to anybody who can be bothered paying attention, that they’ve rubbed their nose in crap - yet again? Why bother doing this? That sort of performance is ignoble and reeks of incompetence and failure. The committed whiny lil bitches in that Loving Wives category, who are behaving in this way, never seem to gain the upper hand. Their efforts ultimately don’t deliver the goods they seek. How can you just repress people’s desires and fantasies on a website dedicated to desires and fantasies? You may as well try and hold back the sea.

If you write Loving Wives themed stories and have them published in Loving Wives, then you must have a thick skin. One must realize that the stench of the failures and the incompetents will follow you around if you post Loving Wives stories in Loving Wives. Delete comments without mercy. Use disinfectant to remove the foul smell of hypocrites, traditionalists and cry babies.

It should be known throughout the land that Andrew1968 will not provide support to the survivors of PTSD, nor will Andrew1968 offer soothing balm to the chapped asses of failures, whiny victims, those who lost their gal to Chad, or even had to watch Chad bed every eager girl in the group while the taciturn and strictly moral males fumed with jealousy and went untouched. LW cry babies, remember this, and remember this well, Andrew1968 will not accommodate you…

Does writing about yourself in the third person come easy? :eek::unsure:👄
Why would someone continuously and relentlessly rub their nose in what they believe is crap, and then instantly turn around and declare, to anybody who can be bothered paying attention, that they’ve rubbed their nose in crap - yet again? Why bother doing this? That sort of performance is ignoble and reeks of incompetence and failure. The committed whiny lil bitches in that Loving Wives category, who are behaving in this way, never seem to gain the upper hand. Their efforts ultimately don’t deliver the goods they seek. How can you just repress people’s desires and fantasies on a website dedicated to desires and fantasies? You may as well try and hold back the sea.

If you write Loving Wives themed stories and have them published in Loving Wives, then you must have a thick skin. One must realize that the stench of the failures and the incompetents will follow you around if you post Loving Wives stories in Loving Wives. Delete comments without mercy. Use disinfectant to remove the foul smell of hypocrites, traditionalists and cry babies.

It should be known throughout the land that Andrew1968 will not provide support to the survivors of PTSD, nor will Andrew1968 offer soothing balm to the chapped asses of failures, whiny victims, those who lost their gal to Chad, or even had to watch Chad bed every eager girl in the group while the taciturn and strictly moral males fumed with jealousy and went untouched. LW cry babies, remember this, and remember this well, Andrew1968 will not accommodate you…

You're about 500 words short of a 750-word submission here. I suggest you consult @EmilyMiller for guidance if that was your objective.

Maybe he/she/they started a new account, and has written hundreds of stories under a different name? Maybe it was an established author taking a one-off, drive-by account dip in Loving Wives to test the waters? Many possibilities here...

I think speculating about why this particular author hasn't posted another story is an unhelpful distraction from the fact that comments like those quoted are shitty. We don't know whether they made the author feel bad but we can be pretty sure they were intended to.

I'm not sure what your reading preferences are, but there's no way I'm going to continue with a story that starts with:

"Hi. My name is Alyssa. I'm 5'4", 23 years of age, athletic with a flat tum, round hips and bum, 32C breasts which sit high on my chest, and shapely, toned thighs. I have brunette, shoulder length, wavy hair, and deep brown eyes. I've been married now to Daniel for 8 months."
who cares what you thought of it.
The thread is about personally attacking an author. Not the quality of the writing.
You don't like it.
Don't read it.

I've published "hot wife" type stories in the Exhibitionist category with a fair degree of success. Just make the wives exhibitionist as well as hot and they fit right in there.

Oh absolutely. The E/V crowd doesn't care who the hot wife fucks, as long as she's showing off while doing it and letting someone else watch.

Loving Wives strikes again.

But please staunch defenders, tell us again how everyone who says the categories readership is an issue is just making things up.

LW can be fine (and it has massive viewership) but you need to know what to write. There is some wiggle room to tell your own story your own way. I have three stories there, only one is remotely what the majority crave. The two non-traditional stories are at 3.8x and 4.1x. My more [but not wholly] traditional LW story is at 4.6x.

But I have no real interest in the genre. If you are willing to forego the eyeballs, you can post LW stories on other categories abs get much less grief.

Emily
I think you keyed in on the problem here. "You need to know what to write."

No, people can write what they want. People should not have to tip toe around, kowtow to, or be in fear of a bullying faction who tries to tell authors only certain stories are allowed there.

Extra marital is in the slug for the category. It doesn't say "Only husband approved extra marital" or "no extra marital"

The site allows those stories, so tough shit to the angry hyenas.

https://www.literotica.com/s/the-night-i-cheated

This was published in late 2017, by a first time author - @Marriedgirl_23.

The results? She gained 103 followers, the story has been favorited 254 times, and there have been 180 comments and comments are still being made. However, she has never published another story. It could be that that was all she had. But my feeling was that the hate and vitriol thrown at her ran her off. I think she had potential. such a shame we will probably never see it. It is OK to like or dislike a story, or like or dislike the grammar or syntax. It is not OK to personally attack an author so badly that they leave and not come back

Was it a great story? No, but not bad for a first time author. But unlike many other one off stories, it struck a chord, both positive and negative, and people are still commenting and arguing over it.
It is the nature of the beast here, sadly. The trolls are a passionate bunch. It's unfortunate that she was scared off if that is the truth of the matter. I had the heads-up from these forums to know what I was getting into before I ever set a literary toe in LW. Perhaps you could try sending a feedback email?

Oh absolutely. The E/V crowd doesn't care who the hot wife fucks, as long as she's showing off while doing it and letting someone else watch.
E/V...my fave category...and yes, the readers there seem to be very accepting, though CFNM seems to confuse and agitate a few members...

Okay, so, after reading the story in question:

Other than that opening Info Dump, it's pretty well written. Doesn't read like a brand new writer. It may be her first story here, but I don't think it's the first thing she ever wrote. If it is, it's an impressive start for an amateur. I've read far worse.

Now, the story itself: maybe she wasn't doing it intentionally, but she definitely pushed every single button that would set off the BTB crowd.

My personal opinion: it's not by accident. Yes, I certainly could be wrong. But I don't think I am.

That said, there is also a crowd FOR this kind of Cheating Wife story. And the author hints at the wife character continuing her cheating ways.

Maybe the author expected the negative reaction, maybe she didn't. It's really hard to say.

I'm wondering if it's not just someone's alt account posting their attempt at a LW story while keeping their main account safe from the backlash.

Loving Wives is fine if you have a thick enough skin to accept the nasty comments and relatively low scores. The advantage of it is that it has a large readership. So, for example, if you publish an unabashed "hot wife" story in Loving Wives, you'll probably get a lot of views, and you might pick up a lot of favorites and glowing comments. But you'll also have a lower than average score and plenty of negative comments because a significant component of the LW readership hates those stories and is highly motivated to tell you about their hatred. Do you have a thick skin? That's the question. If not, you might want to post those sorts of stories elsewhere. I've published "hot wife" type stories in the Exhibitionist category with a fair degree of success. Just make the wives exhibitionist as well as hot and they fit right in there.
I was thinking of a LW Hot Husband 750 worder. Do you think that would go down well?

Emily

Back