Today I am a klutz because…

This afternoon I fancied a cup of coffee and a biscuit whilst I watched TV. I got comfy, coffee in one hand and biscuit in the other. I dunked the biscuit for the perfect amount of time. Not to quick that the biscuit didn’t soften but not too long that it fell into the coffee. I opened my mouth and moved the biscuit towards it. Didn’t get it in! It hit my lip, it was hot and it burnt. I jolted and the biscuit fell down the front of my dress. Burnt lip and dirty clothes! Fucking disaster!

This afternoon I fancied a cup of coffee and a biscuit whilst I watched TV. I got comfy, coffee in one hand and biscuit in the other. I dunked the biscuit for the perfect amount of time. Not to quick that the biscuit didn’t soften but not too long that it fell into the coffee. I opened my mouth and moved the biscuit towards it. Didn’t get it in! It hit my lip, it was hot and it burnt. I jolted and the biscuit fell down the front of my dress. Burnt lip and dirty clothes! Fucking disaster!
Well, you better take that dress off right away

Years ago as a teen my Dad got me this Summer job helping a landscaper. On my first day the man handed me an electric hedge trimmer already plugged in using a 100’ cord. He said, “I want you to trim this long hedge all the way around. Think you can handle that?” I nodded. He walked away as I started up the trimmer. After he was about 40’ away, he turned and yelled out, “Be careful not to cut the cord in half”. I turned to listen to him and chopped the cord right in half. He didn’t see what I had done and kept walking away. After he was out of site, I laid the trimmer down and ran home, never to return again.

This morning I somehow removed from skin from my finger in the shower. Didn't feel anything until I saw the blood on the towel and then, of course, it hurt like hell. Walked into the bedroom and proceeded to stub my toes on the leg of the bed. 🤦‍♀️

With one eye open and my first sips of coffee to start my groggy brain this morning, I started browsing the threads.

I got down to the end of the page and was ready to read more and I got that stupid oops message. So, I hit the button again and the same thing happened...."Oppps!)

I grumbled something to reflect my frustration and hit the damn button again with the same results. Isn't there an appropriate quote out there somewhere that deals with doing the same thing over over?

It was only then I realized I was hitting the post reply button over and over when in fact I had not made any reply. So the ooops message was self-inflicted.

With one eye open and my first sips of coffee to start my groggy brain this morning, I started browsing the threads.

I got down to the end of the page and was ready to read more and I got that stupid oops message. So, I hit the button again and the same thing happened...."Oppps!)

I grumbled something to reflect my frustration and hit the damn button again with the same results. Isn't there an appropriate quote out there somewhere that deals with doing the same thing over over?

It was only then I realized I was hitting the post reply button over and over when in fact I had not made any reply. So the ooops message was self-inflicted.
Maybe the “one eye” was subliminally trying to post for you 😁

Not too long ago I was sitting on the edge of the bed putting my socks on. I must have dropped one and bent over a bit too quickly and hit my forehead on the edge of the dresser. Damn near knocked myself out.

I apologize to all the folks on here that I’ve sent half completed posts to because I fell asleep and don’t remember hitting “post”. There some inexplicable gibberish written right before the message ends. Sometimes I can’t even decipher what I was trying to say!

Taking out the trash earlier, I slipped and nearly did a face plant in the wet mush.
How’s Charm School, Grace?

Once I was sleeping and became aware that my arm was asleep and could feel nothing. I decided to shake it to get the feeling back. I was really still asleep and so was my arm, so flailing about I punched myself in the eye. it was amusing explaining the small shiner i gave myself.

I was in pain all day. When I went to lay down for bed I heard and felt a POP in my side and the pain really started. My wife panicked and called 911. I was taken by ambulance to the ER and after multiple x-rays and a shot of morphine they determined that the fall in the morning was the dislocation, and the POP at night was me actually setting the rib back in place when I lay down. After that there was no more packing for the move, we hired someone LOL

Back