The Official Authors' Hangout Nude Day 2023 Contest Support Thread

I've finished the first draft of my story, about 10K long. A few editing passes, and then I'll let the beta readers take a swing at it. Might not be submitted on the first day, but it'll make it in.

Last edited:
Where do you find yourself beta readers?
They're pretty much all other writers. One was another writer who reached out to me early on, and we clicked. She's my most consistent. In this case, I'm giving a shout out to another writer whose work I like to give him more visibility; I want him to take a look before I put his name on it, even as a "hey, go look at this!" Sometimes I'll reach out if someone has experience with the subject matter, or is an expert in the category and have them take a look, too.

Typically on a street corner, leaning against a lamppost. Cost depends on how much you "want" to do in your story.

(Seriously? In my case my wife and a couple of like-minded friends who know what I'm up to.)

Basically you have to ask, expect rejection and expect delays even if a person accepts lol.

Most of us enjoy being helpful and offering advice and opinions.

But there's only so many hours in a day.

I try to help where I can as well. If you ever want a beta reader let me know and if I can I will.

I've finally finished a first draft. (Dependence on alliteration is always a bad sign.) Around 10.8k words, E&V, four nude women (young, diverse, attractive), sex in the dark. I expect that this will need three serious revision passes, so it'll be a late arrival in the contest.

This crept up on me insanely fast, I've barely begun. Guess it's a coffee and writing night for me.

3K words in now and bound for E&V. It's flowing effortlessly, I am so grateful.

My story has been approved for publication.

Now begins the process of constantly checking in on it despite the fact I'm fully aware it won't be public until the wee hours of the morning.

Good luck to all who have, or intend to submit, a story.

I haven't got anything ready for this. Looks like the Summer comp will see my next story.

I got one finished. It need a reread to catch what errors I can. Tomorrow, maybe. I started a new one, even though I have another half dozen started. Silly me.

I'm aiming for the end of the month.
Despite me swearing never again to write groups of the same sex, because it's hell on the pronouns, I've ended up with eight women, even if only four have got naked so far.

Tried to make two of them leave early to make my life easier, but they're refusing.

I'm aiming for the end of the month.
Despite me swearing never again to write groups of the same sex, because it's hell on the pronouns, I've ended up with eight women, even if only four have got naked so far.

Tried to make two of them leave early to make my life easier, but they're refusing.
"C'mon, KQ! Just let us stay! We'll even just watch!"

"C'mon, KQ! Just let us stay! We'll even just watch!"
There's also one guy in the room who is staying very very quiet and not drawing attention to himself... Maybe I'll let this couple crash on a sofa.

I've already got one lass complaining at me she never gets to be the protagonist! Right, back to work (the paid one not the fun writing...)

So far (9 am, CDT in the U.S.), I see no link to the contest story list. Sometimes the link for this appears as the first item in the New Stories roll, but not yet today. Also, the April Fool contest is still linked on the Categories page.

This contest should not be hidden! It needs to be exposed! Especially with how many exposees KQ will have. My story (about to enter rewrite) has four hot naked babes struttin' their booties and shakin' their gazongas ahem, young women empowering themselves by defying society's strictures on body freedom. KQ, however, may have twice as many.

Mine is up, https://literotica.com/s/barstow . Naked Route 66 road trip with romance, sex, drama... and a cute puppy.

4, 1K and 4/4 at this moment. I was up letting the dog out at 1:30 this morning and took a peek at the stats. The four "favorites" were right out of the gate, and the votes are 3 fives and a one-bomb. The latter I expected simply from being on the "theme" list. Surely there are more to come.

Juan - link is at the top of the "NEWS" on the LitE home page.

Hope to spend time with y'all's stories after breakfast! Good luck to us all!

Back