The China Pearl Inn---Part Six.

Back in my old room at home, Mr Darcey sharing my bed and HSG on the spare bed. Went for a drink tonight after a busy day with friends and the nieces. Went for a ride on Lightning (I pay my nieces to look after him for me), saw my little nephew and my friend's baby and the news came from Syria as I held him. Who can do this to innocent children and then bomb the hospital that is receiving the victims? Feel so helpless, I want to be there nursing them, defending them it's so depressing.

Return to our regiment tomorrow ready for deployment to help with the next phase.

CG I hope it went well today and you continue to keep this establishment open. For us girls (and the boys) it's a home from home. SF you tell him if he disobeys orders he answers to us. LF thanks for keeping us amused, CM you're cheeky, FD you rock and Luv we so value your friendship.

HSG and I want to thank you all for your support, love and friendship and we'll be watching and reading even when we can't post. But honest, YOU ARE THE BEST!

G G you and HSG relax while you can before your next deployment. I shall drop you a note with all the gruesome details of my latest visits to the "Crookers". I would hate to bore the INN with the technical details. Lest just say it is status quo.

S F so you think I am a handful and you need the help of our two gorgeous young Troopers to keep me in line?

Hummmmmmm! Three stunning beauties to watch over me and shower me with TLC,...................:rolleyes:...................I can do that! :p

Glad to hear you Ladies are getting some much deserved R&R. Much respect for what you do.

I was going to sign on myself some years back and put my fire fighting skills to good use, but unfortunately an injury prevented me from doing so. Glad you both are safe and enjoying your time off. I know it is never enough!

HSG you are too kind, but you should hear me play ;)

HSG and G G I see you have quite the following here at the Inn.

F D I hope that your injury was not typo serious. I have fought my share , and perhaps a bit more , at sea. Rescue and assistance you never know what your walking into.

Glad to hear you Ladies are getting some much deserved R&R. Much respect for what you do.

I was going to sign on myself some years back and put my fire fighting skills to good use, but unfortunately an injury prevented me from doing so. Glad you both are safe and enjoying your time off. I know it is never enough!

HSG you are too kind, but you should hear me play ;)

F D I hope that your injury was not typo serious. I have fought my share , and perhaps a bit more , at sea. Rescue and assistance you never know what your walking into.

FHD I'm sure your firefighting skills would have been very useful to us. CG knows we would have loved to have had him in our Gang.

We are back at base getting ready for possible change of mission

It's the Army way you know Hurry up and wait. Oh by the way we have a new more pressing Mission for you.;)

What ever it turns out to be I know you and HSG will do your best.

Well one of those injuries you never really recover from, you just learn to adapt around. 2 bulging discs in my back, not bad enough to operate on, but bad enough to put a lot of pressure on the nerves and create hell on my body, most of the time I have been on lit I have been battling back from it, been figuring out what was going on with my body, why I was in so much pain, finally identified it, now I am pushing through rebuilding the atrophy and droping weight. 1 step forward 2 steps back sorta deal. I'll get to a stable place soon. :)

FHD I'm sure your firefighting skills would have been very useful to us. CG knows we would have loved to have had him in our Gang.

We are back at base getting ready for possible change of mission

I loved the job, and I was in school to cross train for paramedic school as well. Fire fighting was a natural fit for me. Extremely safety conscious, and a very high drive to help other people. I was good at it. I hated leaving that job. It was the only time I had found something that really felt like it was "me" However I knew that once I was physically unable to take someone else's life in my hands responsibly and safely get them out of danger, removing pride and passion from the situation I had to step away. You don't put a fire fighter out on a scene who can't carry a charged line any more than you would put a soldier on the field who can't man his/her post. It risks more lives than it saves.

I am glad you guys got some quality time with your boys, and are safe and gearing up for the next step. Keep your heads down, I'll say a prayer for ya'll.

F D it is good to hear that you are on the mend. It can be a very slow process, particularly with a back injury. I know that feeling when you have t0 leave a job you love. I know that when I left the service I was at a loss of what to do with myself. I loved , it was me, and I was really at odds ends when I had to retire. To tell the truth some days I still am.

Take your time and get well sir.

It's the Army way you know Hurry up and wait. Oh by the way we have a new more pressing Mission for you.;)

What ever it turns out to be I know you and HSG will do your best.

So we're all ready for deployment and now need an extra day training before we train our boys & girls.

Sing 'O I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside!' Lol

I smile as G G sings "O I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside!"

I never knew you were so talented G G. a teasing smile

From what I see on the news you guys will have to get up on your G-2 procedures and protective gear. No need to answer Miss as I know you cant confirm or dey it.;)

We have been told to be ready to go into communication blackout. If we suddenly disappear you'll know why. BUT we will be able to read so we'll keep our eyes on you lot. CG I'm on your case Sailor!

As soon as we get this little pantomime over. Meanwhile we'll leave you in SF's hands.

Seriously we expect news in next 48 hours.

I will give you a medical update as soon as I know anything. So far it is status quo continual afib.

The morning dawns with scattered clouds a low ceiling and Mother Nature pondering whether it will be fair or rainy. No two forecasts seem to agree, so much for computer models to predict weather.

With a mug of coffee and pen and paper in hand I head for my old chair by the hearth to answer a rather sensual little post. :p

Morning to any who may be about, and to those who hide in the shadows.

Overcast and windy here. Working on taxes. ugh... Looks like I am gonna have to pay a couple of states this year. When I was working, I always got refunds. double ugh.

I need brain food. :D

Did my taxes in February S F. My state has no income or sales tax so it makes filing Federal return is much easier. All ready have received my refund.:D

Did my taxes in February S F. My state has no income or sales tax so it makes filing Federal return is much easier. All ready have received my refund.:D

UGH!!! I got spoiled. Since I always got a refund from both the feds and state, I used to do three years of taxes at one time. Then I would get a huge refund. This paying business is not for me!!! I have always preferred that they took out way more than needed so I would get money back. Guess I finally found something to not like about retirement. :rolleyes:

Well next year you will be able to claim your Mortgage interest S F. In fact if you contact your Mortgage holder they should give you what you paid so far this year. Of course there is car, and state taxes as well that can be deducted but I am sure you know that S F.

Well next year you will be able to claim your Mortgage interest S F. In fact if you contact your Mortgage holder they should give you what you paid so far this year. Of course there is car, and state taxes as well that can be deducted but I am sure you know that S F.

I did the house, that part was easy. Unfortunately, the car does nothing to help. Unlike CA where the registration fees are huge, I paid about fifty bucks for a five year registration. And I can't use state taxes since I never paid them before, but I will next year!!:D

Sorry I could not be of more help S F.:eek:

Your advice was good. Thank you.

I did figure out how to quit paying CA taxes for next year though. Then I gotta either put away money to pay the AZ taxes or do quarterly tax payments.

So now that I have done that, on to the next thing....

Are you getting out of the house? Doing some walking?

Back