The China Pearl Inn---Part Six.

Back in England at base. Given full reports to senior officers, taking the Gang to the bar. Going to get an early night ready for tomorrow when we meet the boys in London so GG can register her marriage at the Embassy. Then we have a party tomorrow night. We return to action April 7.

Welcome home. April 7th isn't much time, so make the best use of your time. Get some sleep also, you know that is in short supply when you go back.

Hugs to all..

Good Morning CPI

It's great not having to 'top & tail' posts with security codes.

I think I've had the best night's sleep for ages, and you were there! I dreamed I was in the inn chatting with you all. CG was in uniform proudly wearing his medals. It was great.

Today I'm off to the Embassy with HSG to officially register my marriage and formally apply for dual citizenship. My parents will be there along with my HUSBAND!

Tomorrow is HSG's birthday but we're moving the party forward one day because the boys have to be back in the States by Tuesday night so we won't have much time together. We're due back in Germany on Thursday.

Right, the tomboy needs to put on a smart dress and hit the road.

OH MY G G a frilly, girly dress:eek:

I bets that Rick likes you in dresses. :rolleyes:

That was quite some dream you had about Inn. I see you put me in dress uniform. You should have gone all the way and put me Mess Dress and yes for an assignment I was required to have Mess Dress, I did cut a rather dashing figure. :devil:ish :D

gb-usa-lapel-pin.jpg

UNITED WE STAND

Paperwork completed, marriage confirmed under both U.K. & US law and under reciprocal military agreement we now both have joint citizenship.

Last edited:
OH MY G G a frilly, girly dress:eek:

I bets that Rick likes you in dresses. :rolleyes:

That was quite some dream you had about Inn. I see you put me in dress uniform. You should have gone all the way and put me Mess Dress and yes for an assignment I was required to have Mess Dress, I did cut a rather dashing figure. :devil:ish :D

You STILL do CG, a warrior with the bravery of a true hero an explorer's brain and a poet's heart. Makes you very special in my universe.

Last edited:
Ah G G you will make me blush young lady and that is a very hard thing to do. :devil:ish :D

It is quite a complement coming from you and where you just were. :rose::kiss:

Tomorrow is my best friend's birthday. Because we're both going to be busy with our men this weekend we're having her party tonight. I can honestly say she is one of the few people on this planet I'd take a bullet for. A wonderful person and a very brave soldier. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HSG

1369714568-60.jpg

Looking at the clock I see that on the other side of the pond it is the 1st of April.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HSG AND MAY YOU FIND YOUR HEART'S DESIRE

It is the 1st of April and snow is drifting by the Inn’s windows, a fire needed on the hearth to chase the chill from the room. It seems that winter has decided to stretch into April. I wish I could say “April Fools” but the cold and snow are too real.

I lay aside my pen and warm my hands by the hearth, before heading to top off my mug of coffee.

Morning to whoever may be about and to those who hide in the shadows.

Get round to answering PMs and other messages after the boys go back. Right now we're going for a meal then back to bed :devil: (a girl has to eat). But thanks for the birthday greetings. My Nan used to say it's lucky to get 2 cards the same (Luv & LF)

CG, we're thinking of you for Tuesday.

Your are sweet HSG Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers.

Enjoy your meal and your bed time. :devil:ish :D

Good Morning CG, SF, Luv, LF, CM, FD and all our CPI friends

I cannot believe how fast time is flying. This time next week the boys will be back in the States while GG & I will be back in ****. It will feel like this never happened.

Today I'm taking MrT to see my parents. Sadly they're not like GG's folks, they're very strict baptists who blame the army for corrupting their innocent little girl. but maybe they are softening. We'll see.

Then it's one more night in London and then the boys fly to Scotland en route to the States on Tuesday.

Morning Curious good to see you again.

HSG I am glad to see that your are enjoying your R&R. I suspect that G G is as well :devil:ish :D

Parents are often shocked at how their children change in the service. It is not so much that they have changed as it is the first time that they can truly discover who they are and to be themselves.

This has been the happiest week of my life, days spent with my wife, getting to know her family and receiving my papers giving me dual nationality and having the same given to my wife who I can now call my fellow American.

Tonight is our last nite together until God knows when but we are professionals married to professionals and we know what it costs.

So as I snap to attention and salute CG I promise I'll try to post from time to time. Thank you all, all of you in the inn for being there for my wife and her good friend HSG.

All good things come to an end. Rick & T are on their way back to Scotland and HSG and I have to pack ready for Germany. But school's out so I have to take my nieces to Toys R Us (they've already robbed Rick & T lol), they prefer presents to Easter eggs. Then I'm going to play with my baby nephew and then visit an old school friend to meet her new baby. I'm going to get broody lol.

CG, I'm thinking of you today and pray (if he hears me) you'll get the right course of treatment. If I was in the States and near you I'd come and nurse you.

SF keep an eye on him for us please. Won't be easy I know.

All good things come to an end. Rick & T are on their way back to Scotland and HSG and I have to pack ready for Germany. But school's out so I have to take my nieces to Toys R Us (they've already robbed Rick & T lol), they prefer presents to Easter eggs. Then I'm going to play with my baby nephew and then visit an old school friend to meet her new baby. I'm going to get broody lol.

CG, I'm thinking of you today and pray (if he hears me) you'll get the right course of treatment. If I was in the States and near you I'd come and nurse you.

SF keep an eye on him for us please. Won't be easy I know.

Ah they can warp you around their little fingers when they want to. I think that is why we keep our kids around.;)

Broody G G , girlies dresses,:eek: What next? :rolleyes:

G G I know if you were closer you would come and nurse me and appreciate the thought. Oh he always listens to our prayers even it seems otherwise.;)

Rick you are always welcomed at the old China Pearl Inn when ever you get the chance to stop on by and drop us a line our two....... Be safe Marine.

Smartly return his salute.

Taking pen and paper to hand I settle in my old leather chair by the hearth to answer a very sensual post or two from so very naughty and vivacious young ladies. I take a sip of coffee from my old mug, a smile bows my lips as I put pen to paper.

Morning to any who may be about this morning, and God’s speed to those that must go once more in Harm’s Way

Being up in the morning is weird, cold too. ::pulls up a chair close to the fireplace::

Had a guy come clear out a couple of bushes and take out a section of dead tree, so I had to get up much earlier than I am used to. He was done in half an hour and I am now wide awake. sigh....

Was super windy last night, I watched the trees sway and prayed they would stay off the house and car. Prayers answered. According to the tree guy there are large trees down all over town, he picked up several calls this morning. Winds were in the 50-60 mph range. Then it rained for for a bit, but sunny and cold today. We have had so much snow and rain that the ground is wet and the roots of the big trees can't hold. But all is well on my little piece of the world.

I am sorry that our guys and gals are heading off again, but I am glad they got some time together. Keep safe, people. I can't control CG on my own... :eek:

:rose::heart:

Back