Spring!!

Keroin

aKwatic
*(FALL!! for our antipodean friends)

I love this season! Just wanted to share my :D.

Please feel free to share observations, photos, stories or whatever else you love about this time of year. (Allergy sufferers, we feel for you, but...SPRING!) So, I will start...

Everything here is blooming and there is so much colour and lushness it's overwhelming whenever I walk outside. The magnolias and cherry blossoms? Are you kidding me?? Wow.

The lake is coming to life again, with sailboats and beachgoers. One of my favourite lake regulars is our local pirate ship.

NelsonsPirateship.jpg

It's hard to get the scale of it from the photo but the surrounding boats are all 20 feet or so. And yes, the owner does actually take it out and sail (motor) around in it. No plundering, though, that I know of.

Also, last weekend was the first camping trip of the season! As you can see, mornings are still a little "cool", but at least the down parka is no longer required.

Wragge2012-1.jpg

Spring, spring, spring....

Early summer here, and the ants are going bonkers over my peonies

This is Canada...summer is from July 26th to August 2nd.

So...spring!

The Beach Boys sang a lot of songs about that week of glory. It's a lot to pack into one week.

Um, where I live Summer starts technically starts June 20th... so YA... YAY SPRING!!! :D

Technical schmecnical. It's gonna be pushing 100 this week.

Early summer here, and the ants are going bonkers over my peonies

The bastards! They are going bonkers over my pantry!

They do add some protein to my Special K, though.

Yeah I keep forgetting it's May here. Already the big ass hail producing storms of summer are on. It's going to be a very challenging summer in terms of hot, I think.

Living in the South is a bitch. Enjoy your spring. :) Here we go straight to miserable.

The bastards! They are going bonkers over my pantry!

They do add some protein to my Special K, though.

I just can't enjoy that special ant-acid flavour...

Not even chocolate coated.

It's almost officially winter here.

So instead of warm and raining, now it's just cold and raining and still dark at 6:30am.

I'm starting to think I should just migrate like the birds do, endless summer style...

This is Canada...summer is from July 26th to August 2nd.

So...spring!

Uumm that's your part of Canada. My part of Canada is 28C with a humidex in the 30s today. That's sum sum summertime weather to me.

But in the spirit of your thread. I love being able to open my windows and have the fresh air. I'm up very high and I love seeing the trees change throughout the seasons...spring brings that yellow green newness to the leaves.

The bluebells are still hanging on, just.. the hedgerows are full of Queen Anne's lace. The sweet pea seedlings I planted out a month ago are starting to look pretty sturdy. The clematis on my patio is in full bloom (and smells, I've noticed, ever-so-slightly of brioche). Young mums and their nekkid toddlers are playing on my beach...

:D

Please feel free to share observations, photos, stories or whatever else you love about this time of year. (Allergy sufferers, we feel for you, but...SPRING!) So, I will start...

Spring, spring, spring....

Spring!

This has been one of the worst years, allergy wise, I've seen in awhile. I'm taking between 4 to 6 allergy pills A DAY just to get myself to manageable. I think that's a good sign for farmers, though.

I love this thread but here we've moved onto Summer!!

;)

Lucky. In summer the heat kills all the pollen.

Uumm that's your part of Canada. My part of Canada is 28C with a humidex in the 30s today.

Show off. :mad:

We just lost the snow off the top of Elephant Mountain under a week ago - which is the local guide for when to plant your garden.

But yeah, my dad, who lives in a milder part of the province, laughed when I called all excited about finally planting my tomatoes.

(7 plants this year! Yippee!)

Yep, it's totally Summer here already. Spring is about 2, maybe 3 weeks in March if we're lucky. ;)

Actually, it's been pretty nice here so far. There have been some hot days, but it hasn't been nearly as bad as it could've been.

I love our couple of weeks of Spring. I like Summer a lot better than Fall or, God forbid, Winter, too, even if we do spend weeks upwards of 100 degrees. :rolleyes:

“Is the spring coming?" he said. "What is it like?"...
"It is the sun shining on the rain and the rain falling on the sunshine...”
~ Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden

-------------

“It is spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart.”
~ Rainer Maria Rilke

-------------

“sweet spring is your
time is my time is our
time for springtime is lovetime
and viva sweet love

(all the merry little birds are
flying in the floating in the
very spirits singing in
are winging in the blossoming)

lovers go and lovers come
awandering awondering
but any two are perfectly
alone there's nobody else alive

(such a sky and such a sun
i never knew and neither did you
and everybody never breathed
quite so many kinds of yes)

not a tree can count his leaves
each herself by opening
but shining who by thousands mean
only one amazing thing

(secretly adoring shyly
tiny winging darting floating
merry in the blossoming
always joyful selves are singing)

sweet spring is your
time is my time is our
time for springtime is lovetime
and viva sweet love”
~ E.E. Cummings

More spring! Went for the proverbial 'Sunday drive' today. Saw lots of cool stuff along the way. But what I love most of all about spring is that all the critters start re-appearing.

The beavers are hard at work - this is one of their houses...

Beaverhouse.jpg

And the osprey were busy trying to out-fish us. If you look closely, you can see a small trout in his talon! (OK, maybe not. I sized it a little small!)

Osprey.jpg

Full spring here too, lovely! Everything's in bloom and the green is almost impossibly green.

We've had a few really warm days, around 20 degrees celsius(68 F), but today it cooled down a bit to 11-12 (50F).

Allthough I think the best part here is the light. These days the sun rises around 3.30 and sets closer to 10 at night.

Full spring here too, lovely! Everything's in bloom and the green is almost impossibly green.

We've had a few really warm days, around 20 degrees celsius(68 F), but today it cooled down a bit to 11-12 (50F).

Allthough I think the best part here is the light. These days the sun rises around 3.30 and sets closer to 10 at night.

Hey stranger! Good to see you.

Ah yes, those loooooooong days. Love 'em. Ours aren't quite as good as yours - light at about 4:30 am and dark at about 9:30 pm, but still pretty darned awesome!

Almost makes up for the very short ones in the winter. Almost. ;)

One of the things I love most about summertime!

That's amazing!
The only time I'm going to see water falling like that is during a thunderstorm.

We're still technically in spring here, but I'm already having to water the lawn to keep grass alive... so in my book its summer.

no spring here. we shot directly to hades-kill-me-now summer. why does it seem like there are more, bigger, and more alien-looking insects every year??:eek:

Hey stranger! Good to see you.

Ah yes, those loooooooong days. Love 'em. Ours aren't quite as good as yours - light at about 4:30 am and dark at about 9:30 pm, but still pretty darned awesome!

Almost makes up for the very short ones in the winter. Almost. ;)

Hi back!

Lovely photos btw.

I ate fresh potatoes today. That's what we call those first small delicious summer potatoes here. Yum.

Back