AMA - Primalex

Did you choose to start your vacation now so that you have time to play Cyberpunk 2077 when it's fresh out of the oven?

Did you choose to start your vacation now so that you have time to play Cyberpunk 2077 when it's fresh out of the oven?

It's uncanny how often I got this asked. :eek:

No, this just happened to be coincidence. I don't use many PTO days over the year and so I end up with a bunch in December, where I have to take them or they would expire.

It's uncanny how often I got this asked. :eek:

No, this just happened to be coincidence. I don't use many PTO days over the year and so I end up with a bunch in December, where I have to take them or they would expire.

I wish I had this problem too! :D

How many vacation days do you get a year?

You wrote here about your start here on BDSM Talk/Cafe and I actually remember the thread. Back then and at other times I have read you more socratic than trolling and well, sometimes a bit of both.
Have you at times felt that there was a point you wanted to make that got lost because you were misunderstood?
Are you interested in philosophy and if so, have you studied on it’s own (not sure how to word this) or as a part of your education?

Are you interested in philosophy and if so, have you studied on it’s own (not sure how to word this) or as a part of your education?

Did you mean “an sich”? :p

(A little Kantian humor for everyone. Thank you, thank you, I’ll be here all night. *mic drop*)

You wrote here about your start here on BDSM Talk/Cafe and I actually remember the thread. Back then and at other times I have read you more socratic than trolling and well, sometimes a bit of both.
Have you at times felt that there was a point you wanted to make that got lost because you were misunderstood?

A difficult question.

I think some points got lost because the other party either refused to spend the time to think about what I've written or preferred to indulge in the own preconceptions. The "genie wishes" question of this AMA is a very good example how different persons choose different ways to approach my answer of me wishing the death of the genie - and the result is fundamentally different.

I have no particular education in this field, but it is something that interests me for various reasons. If you happen to be burdened with the combination of "questionable" kinks and a personal strong moral code, you end up trying to reconcile these parts and learn at least about ethics. And from there it's a small step to other areas, like reality and perception, whether free will is a thing or not, philosophical anthropology etc.

A septum piercing is a hard limit.
More or less what I told a teenager recently.

Did you mean “an sich”? :p

(A little Kantian humor for everyone. Thank you, thank you, I’ll be here all night. *mic drop*)
What can I say. I just Kant help myself. :rolleyes::)

A difficult question.

I think some points got lost because the other party either refused to spend the time to think about what I've written or preferred to indulge in the own preconceptions. The "genie wishes" question of this AMA is a very good example how different persons choose different ways to approach my answer of me wishing the death of the genie - and the result is fundamentally different.
Yes, different people and different expectations on the exchange.

I have no particular education in this field, but it is something that interests me for various reasons. If you happen to be burdened with the combination of "questionable" kinks and a personal strong moral code, you end up trying to reconcile these parts and learn at least about ethics. And from there it's a small step to other areas, like reality and perception, whether free will is a thing or not, philosophical anthropology etc.
I hear you on the why.

I was curious because it does border a bit on the logic and way of thinking that goes with your educational background, I think?
When I was at university they had extra courses called philosophy for physicist. There used to be lots of people studying any natural science, math, computer science and then a pub afterwards.

I was curious because it does border a bit on the logic and way of thinking that goes with your educational background, I think?
When I was at university they had extra courses called philosophy for physicist. There used to be lots of people studying any natural science, math, computer science and then a pub afterwards.

I mean, the "we can, but should we" has been famous at least since Oppenheimer. But no, there was no such course available when/where I studied. I could totally see me studying it though, if it weren't for the mundane requirement of our world to earn money.

Do you have a favorite season? If so, what are the things/places/activities that make it your favorite?

Do you have a favorite season? If so, what are the things/places/activities that make it your favorite?

No, I don't think I have a favorite season, but I love to be outside when it's windy / stormy. Actually, it's a running gag in the local social media community that I particularly enjoy grilling during bad weather and hurricanes.

I like the spring for the fair weather and gardening, the summer for the beaches and swimming, the autumn for hiking and the winter for allowing me to eat a lot of comfort food to cope with the lack of sunlight. :D

No, I don't think I have a favorite season, but I love to be outside when it's windy / stormy. Actually, it's a running gag in the local social media community that I particularly enjoy grilling during bad weather and hurricanes.

I like the spring for the fair weather and gardening, the summer for the beaches and swimming, the autumn for hiking and the winter for allowing me to eat a lot of comfort food to cope with the lack of sunlight. :D

Grilling in bad weather...really? (・・?) I don’t like to be out in that kind of weather. I think I like that feeling of relief after getting out of the rain, though.

This certainly make each season sound delightful. Thank you. (*^ω^*)

Hurricanes?:eek:
Now I just have to ask: Charcoal or gas?

Grilling in bad weather...really?

Yes. It started as cynical response when people would freak out for a simple storm warning - so I fired up the grill and posted some pictures on the local social media community I frequent. And...it became a running gag and people hashtagged my pictures with #stormgriller.

Back