Service/Love As Worship

Yes! These sort of feelings have been very strong in me recently.

There was a woman I submitted to several years ago that I felt this extreme connection with, a deep deep submissive urge that eventually started to feel genuinely religious, or spiritual. I didn’t know what to make of it at the time. Even after she moved away, it just kept getting stronger. I started to have these thoughts that I wanted to actually worship her, as if she were God. I’ve had these thoughts about a couple other women since then, and started fantasizing about having a church service of some kind where I literally worshipped her for awhile as other people watched. I wrote a story once that tried to capture the essence of it.

The woman I serve now doesn’t want anything that explicit, but she does tell me that she expects to be served “with an attitude of worship” or “with a worshipful attitude.”

Anyway, I wonder how common these sorts of feelings are.

So I had a whole wall of text and then deleted it. Instead, I'll just ask, are love, service, and worship all inextricably bound up together for anyone but me?

I won't bore you all with my own personal metaphysics, but I serve my Daddy as though he is God (and in my eyes, he is second only to God), and I am his worshipper. Every act of submission to him is an act of worship.

This is not to say that I think he's perfect and can do no wrong. He's obviously human and has his flaws, and I'm not blind to them. Still, I love and worship and serve him, despite them.

Love as worship is not exactly an unheard of theme in art, literature, music, etc. John Donne's "The Canonization" (and others, too, but that one's my favorite) and Hozier's "Take Me to Church" (although that's a little darker than what I'm suggesting here) immediately come to mind, but I know there are many more. How does service tie into those things, I wonder?

I don't consider myself a terribly spiritual person, so I'm not sure where this propensity to frame my submission to him as worship comes from. But here we are, lol. Anyone else have anything they'd like to add? I don't really even know what I'm asking here, but I'd love to hear y'all's thoughts.

Try Mindful Loving by Grayson

Yes! These sort of feelings have been very strong in me recently.

There was a woman I submitted to several years ago that I felt this extreme connection with, a deep deep submissive urge that eventually started to feel genuinely religious, or spiritual. I didn’t know what to make of it at the time. Even after she moved away, it just kept getting stronger. I started to have these thoughts that I wanted to actually worship her, as if she were God. I’ve had these thoughts about a couple other women since then, and started fantasizing about having a church service of some kind where I literally worshipped her for awhile as other people watched. I wrote a story once that tried to capture the essence of it.

The woman I serve now doesn’t want anything that explicit, but she does tell me that she expects to be served “with an attitude of worship” or “with a worshipful attitude.”

Anyway, I wonder how common these sorts of feelings are.

They appear to be more common than I would've thought, given the replies in this thread. ;)

Is "service/love as worship" the same as FLR?
No.
They can overlap of course, but if you reread the posts in the thread, you’ll find people discussing different types of relationships that include service/worship.

Reverence, adoration, paying attention to his needs and trying to meet them without being asked... all that and the good girl motivation underlies all. I also have very little bratty component to my submissiveness
I like all of these words, and more. The word that I have used most often in this context is "devotion." And it travels in both directions in the relationship.

I like all of these words, and more. The word that I have used most often in this context is "devotion." And it travels in both directions in the relationship.
Devotion is an excellent word for this. Something that seems to grow in depth over time and maturity.

This is an excellent thread - great thanks to all who shared their thoughts.

As a Daddy, this really aligns with my personal beliefs regarding littles, and why the dynamic is so sacred (for lack of a better word). This is a two way street, or should be in my worldview. Not currently in a relationship of this type, it's the thing I miss most.

One of my favorite things in the world to do is to kiss my queen's foot while she is asleep at night. I'm often lying there with a raging erection because I've just pleasured her but haven't been allowed to come. After she falls asleep, I will lift the blanket, being very careful not to wake her, and very gently kiss the soles of her beautiful, sexy feet.

I love this because it is a totally selfless act of worship. She's asleep so she doesn't know I'm doing it, so I'm expecting nothing whatsoever in return from her -- not even acknowledgement of my homage. It's a totally pure act of reverence. I adore my goddess and consider it a great honor to plant a reverential kiss on her delicate foot.

this is an interesting thread.

I hate labels (I get why they exist). But I do like how people have related their love, devotion and service to their partners to levels of sacredness, spirituality, service and devotion.

I feel these feelings often with my wife. I worship her. She is amazing.

Lately we have switched things up and I have enjoyed being far more dominant sexually in the relationship, but I think it’s still all about her - my thoughts are always lines converging in in her.

I have never felt so loved. I have never felt so much love in my own heart. Even when things get rough, or painful, I feel immense love in my heart when all is said and done.

I just recently joined this site and started reading the threads. This one really did hit home. I would do anything to please my Daddy. I am, by no means, a brat. I truly LIVE to serve and worship him and LOVE to serve and worship him. All the words used here I can relate to, but specifically the devotion, adoration, and respect.

I met him when I was just getting back from a relationship hiatus. As many women, when getting back on the scene, I had many options to see what I want and for whatever reason, I was drawn to him immediately. He makes me feel like I am the most important and special woman on earth. He respects me and only wants me to have joy. He knows that what brings me joy is serving him to the best of my ability. I love hearing “good girl”, it makes me only want to work harder for him.

Recently, he moved away. We were going to take a break and maybe see each other occasionally, but not have the same type of relationship we have been having due to distance. That didn’t work. I couldn’t not be with him. We have primarily an online relationship now (we see each other every three months or so). This has brought us even closer together. I can’t imagine not having him in my life.

I did get a tattoo with his initials on me and when the artist asked who he was I literally broke down and cried and said he was the man who accepted me for who I was. He loved my body and accepts my flaws. He guides me and opens my mind to new thoughts and ideas, but is never forceful with them. He is absolutely perfect and I love him so much.

I have had other Doms in my past, but this one is different. Maybe it is a maturity thing, but it’s more me understanding what I need out of a relationship as well and being open to allowing something different than what I have had in the past which was a Dom who directed what I did all the time and where I had to ask permission for everything. I thought that was what I needed, but it’s turns out what I have right now is what I need.

Sorry for the long post. As others have said, there is no right or wrong, just what works best for you.

I just recently joined this site and started reading the threads. This one really did hit home. I would do anything to please my Daddy. I am, by no means, a brat. I truly LIVE to serve and worship him and LOVE to serve and worship him. All the words used here I can relate to, but specifically the devotion, adoration, and respect.

I met him when I was just getting back from a relationship hiatus. As many women, when getting back on the scene, I had many options to see what I want and for whatever reason, I was drawn to him immediately. He makes me feel like I am the most important and special woman on earth. He respects me and only wants me to have joy. He knows that what brings me joy is serving him to the best of my ability. I love hearing “good girl”, it makes me only want to work harder for him.

Recently, he moved away. We were going to take a break and maybe see each other occasionally, but not have the same type of relationship we have been having due to distance. That didn’t work. I couldn’t not be with him. We have primarily an online relationship now (we see each other every three months or so). This has brought us even closer together. I can’t imagine not having him in my life.

I did get a tattoo with his initials on me and when the artist asked who he was I literally broke down and cried and said he was the man who accepted me for who I was. He loved my body and accepts my flaws. He guides me and opens my mind to new thoughts and ideas, but is never forceful with them. He is absolutely perfect and I love him so much.

I have had other Doms in my past, but this one is different. Maybe it is a maturity thing, but it’s more me understanding what I need out of a relationship as well and being open to allowing something different than what I have had in the past which was a Dom who directed what I did all the time and where I had to ask permission for everything. I thought that was what I needed, but it’s turns out what I have right now is what I need.

Sorry for the long post. As others have said, there is no right or wrong, just what works best for you.
This is really beautiful. Beautifully articulated as well.

I love the idea of bodily worship, and it would involve a near TOTAL acceptance of your lover's body. Some of the ideas I've had, and have only done a few at home involve:
  • Swallowing her saliva or having her spit in your mouth.
  • Licking her body clean after a run.
  • Drinking her breastmilk
  • Get a wedding band and get it inscribed: "I am the property of <name>".
  • You can get two rings, one with the inscription inside where its dangerous or inappropriate to have it on the outside (in front of your boss, etc), and another one where you can have it on the outside of the ring (at Whole Foods, etc)
  • Every time she pisses, your job is to lick her clean.
  • Give her manicures and pedicures. Learn how to do it.
  • Be naked around her as much as possible. As property, you dont wear clothes.
  • Make a ritual - every time she comes home or you come home, you must kneel and kiss her pussy. Non-negotiable as a ritual.
  • Iron her clothes, laundry them, and you are not allowed to wash her panties till you've licked the gusset clean.
  • She never showers until you've licked her clean from head to toe first.
  • You don't eat until she has spit into your food. Just saliva is good. Everything you eat has her essence in it. Pussy juice also acceptable if available.
  • Rub her feet, all the time. Get amazing at it. The default when you sit together on a couch is that you're rubbing her feet.
  • Use her pussy juice as hair gel. And face lotion. Smell like her. Carry the scent of her pussy anywhere it doesn't inconvenience others.
  • Use her used towels. Never a fresh one.
  • Sleep with her used panties on your pillow so her scent is what you sleep to
  • She should never piss in a toilet ever again at home. Always into a cup, which you drink or into your mouth. (Make sure you both drink plenty of water. And be aware of medications. If she's on meds this is a bad idea as it will affect you.)
  • Punishments are through body worship-related punishments. If you are being punished, perhaps you don't get to eat regular food that day/week. Instead, she chews everything and spits it out onto your plate, coated in her saliva. That's what you eat. Pre-masticated food soaked in her essence. You lose couch privileges and have to sit at her feet when hanging out. If she enjoys edible things in her vagina like grapes (uncut) or anything else that doesn't leave sugar behind inside her that can cause an infection, that's how you eat fruit from now on. You don't just wash an apple and eat it. It has to be soaked in her pussy juices.
  • Her dirt and byproducts are a sacred thing for you. Her earwax? You use it like an ointment or cream on your own ears (on the outside, don't put it in you'll block up your own hearing)
  • Clean her bellybutton lint with your own hands. Throw it away because it's all bacteria that is not really *her* body. Just random microorganisms. But the cleaning is still your job.
  • Go on vacation or a place you don't know and role play to everyone that you are her assistant. Call her Ms. MaidanName even if she carries your last name. Make it clear you are her assistant/secretary. Serve her publicly since no one knows you there. Let her scold you in front of everyone about some made up work stuff. Rub her feet, bring her drinks, serve her in front of everyone.
  • When she cleans her nose, it's your job to get a napkin for her, clean her finger up.
  • Eat your creampies out of her. If you cum inside her it's YOUR JOB to clean her up. Clean up your own mess.
  • You don't just drink water from the tap. You drink water that she has gargled or swished around in her mouth.
  • After you shower and get all cleaned up and dry, the first thing she does is rub her pussy juice all over your face and hair, marking you. You BELONG to her pussy. You exist to serve it.

• Sexy Laundry Duty: Washing her dirty panties in a small clean bucket of water by hand. Drinking the water to show subservience to her pussy.
  • She spends a full day in her panties and then works out. They are drenched in sweat and pussy juice. She pisses into a jar, takes off her panties and dips them into the jar. Your job? To drink her piss out of the jar, grab her panties, and suck her piss off of every inch of fabric till it is only slightly damp. Wear the panties around neck and go to sleep with your tongue in her pussy.
  • Not allowed to use towels to wipe your face. Her used panties only. Even if you smell like her pussy, it is fitting. Your job is to serve her pussy anyways
I'd love that kind of relationship

One of my favorite things in the world to do is to kiss my queen's foot while she is asleep at night. I'm often lying there with a raging erection because I've just pleasured her but haven't been allowed to come. After she falls asleep, I will lift the blanket, being very careful not to wake her, and very gently kiss the soles of her beautiful, sexy feet.

I love this because it is a totally selfless act of worship. She's asleep so she doesn't know I'm doing it, so I'm expecting nothing whatsoever in return from her -- not even acknowledgement of my homage. It's a totally pure act of reverence. I adore my goddess and consider it a great honor to plant a reverential kiss on her delicate foot.
I love considering my Goddess's foot as a sexy and divine part of her, and want to kiss her feet so reverently, always in chastity, and cum on them when permitted and lick them clean.

I love the idea of bodily worship, and it would involve a near TOTAL acceptance of your lover's body. Some of the ideas I've had, and have only done a few at home involve:
  • You can get two rings, one with the inscription inside where its dangerous or inappropriate to have it on the outside (in front of your boss, etc), and another one where you can have it on the outside of the ring (at Whole Foods, etc)
  • Make a ritual - every time she comes home or you come home, you must kneel and kiss her pussy. Non-negotiable as a ritual.
  • Iron her clothes, laundry them, and you are not allowed to wash her panties till you've licked the gusset clean.
  • You don't eat until she has spit into your food. Just saliva is good. Everything you eat has her essence in it. Pussy juice also acceptable if available.
  • Rub her feet, all the time. Get amazing at it. The default when you sit together on a couch is that you're rubbing her feet.
  • Use her pussy juice as hair gel. And face lotion. Smell like her. Carry the scent of her pussy anywhere it doesn't inconvenience others.
  • She should never piss in a toilet ever again at home. Always into a cup, which you drink or into your mouth. (Make sure you both drink plenty of water. And be aware of medications. If she's on meds this is a bad idea as it will affect you.)
  • Punishments are through body worship-related punishments. If you are being punished, perhaps you don't get to eat regular food that day/week. Instead, she chews everything and spits it out onto your plate, coated in her saliva. That's what you eat. Pre-masticated food soaked in her essence. You lose couch privileges and have to sit at her feet when hanging out. If she enjoys edible things in her vagina like grapes (uncut) or anything else that doesn't leave sugar behind inside her that can cause an infection, that's how you eat fruit from now on. You don't just wash an apple and eat it. It has to be soaked in her pussy juices.
  • Her dirt and byproducts are a sacred thing for you. Her earwax? You use it like an ointment or cream on your own ears (on the outside, don't put it in you'll block up your own hearing)
  • Clean her bellybutton lint with your own hands. Throw it away because it's all bacteria that is not really *her* body. Just random microorganisms. But the cleaning is still your job.
  • Go on vacation or a place you don't know and role play to everyone that you are her assistant. Call her Ms. MaidanName even if she carries your last name. Make it clear you are her assistant/secretary. Serve her publicly since no one knows you there. Let her scold you in front of everyone about some made up work stuff. Rub her feet, bring her drinks, serve her in front of everyone.
  • When she cleans her nose, it's your job to get a napkin for her, clean her finger up.
  • Eat your creampies out of her. If you cum inside her it's YOUR JOB to clean her up. Clean up your own mess.
  • You don't just drink water from the tap. You drink water that she has gargled or swished around in her mouth.
  • After you shower and get all cleaned up and dry, the first thing she does is rub her pussy juice all over your face and hair, marking you. You BELONG to her pussy. You exist to serve it.

• Sexy Laundry Duty: Washing her dirty panties in a small clean bucket of water by hand. Drinking the water to show subservience to her pussy.
  • She spends a full day in her panties and then works out. They are drenched in sweat and pussy juice. She pisses into a jar, takes off her panties and dips them into the jar. Your job? To drink her piss out of the jar, grab her panties, and suck her piss off of every inch of fabric till it is only slightly damp. Wear the panties around neck and go to sleep with your tongue in her pussy.
  • Not allowed to use towels to wipe your face. Her used panties only. Even if you smell like her pussy, it is fitting. Your job is to serve her pussy anyways
Some of them are extreme and dirty.

That's why I love them. Considering my trans Goddess's piss, sweat, saliva, and every part of her body as divine and needing to be ingested by me.

Perhaps the worship or relinquishing of control in your relationship serves other, less romantic purposes. First and formost is the adrenaline rush of anticipationof the unknown as a competant master will keep you unbalanced until he acts and then you are still not certain that your acceptance has pleased him, so you whine and almost beg for greater intensity. An aside is your need to give of yourself, something most of us have been taught to do since childhood by parents and popular religions. In many subs, a subconstruct of worthiness holds some sway. For both sub and master, the proper chemistry of needs and wants between them leads to an indiscribable happiness, a euphoria of give and take.

When you mentioned Sigyn and Loki, it made me think.

I've always sort of associated Daddy and me with Shiva and Parvati, which is kind of natural, given that I'm a Hindu. But there are also Greek gods whom I worship (which I guess makes me a backward-ass pagan or something, I don't know). And you saying Sigyn and Loki made me think the better analog for Daddy and me might be Ares and Aphrodite (the whole her being married bit aside), for the same reason. I see his faults, and I love him, in spite of them (and maybe, to some degree, because of them). Anyway, sorry, bit of a tangent, but that's where my mind went.

I totally get it not "fitting in" with the rest of what people know or think they know about you. I'm fairly skeptical, as a general rule, and sometimes, I wonder why I didn't end up as an atheist. So why I equate love, service, and worship so easily, I honestly couldn't tell you. It's probably some weird, deep-seated trauma issue, as most things end up being, lol. But luckily, the object of my worship is fairly benevolent, so it doesn't get me into too much trouble. ;)
you didnt end up athiest because no one ever does. even the biggest skeptics break it down in the end and say they believe in "something."

Thinking about this again.

I wonder how dominants feel regarding submissives who submit this way. I tell y'all things because y'all are my friends who live in my computer, but I hold back pretty hard on it when I'm around Daddy because I don't want to overwhelm him.

I would think that a sub who viewed you as second only to whatever deity they worship would be just the sort of thing that'd bring all the assholes to the yard and give the non-assholes pause. Because I will be honest, it's a lot.

My ex (the sociopath) loved that I submitted in this way and even tried to get me to call him "My Lord." I am ever grateful I didn't do that, lol.

Daddy, I think, worries about taking advantage of me. But what he doesn't understand--or I don't think he does--is that I don't care if he takes advantage of me. That's literally what I'm here for. I'm your service kitten. Use me, dammit. :ROFLMAO:

But, seriously, service that is appreciated and sometimes rewarded (I say that because the former sociopath did neither, and that's ultimately what led to the breakdown of that relationship) is...shit, I was going somewhere with that and lost it. Anyway, doing the man's laundry, making his bed, whatever, that is something to be done with a certain amount of reverence, even. Like, holy shit, this God of a man is allowing me to do this for him and is even thanking me for it.

Ugh, I'm sorry, guys, I'm all over the place. I don't even know where I was headed with this post now. I just want to go serve my Daddy, dammit.

For the record, I didn’t want to imply fratricide, malevolence or anyone being undeserving of worship etc. :D

I’ve been thinking about why I don’t equate the sevice aspect with reverence or love really and I think another part of this is about intimacy and boundaries.

Both giving and accepting service does require a level of intimacy and dissolving boundaries that are sometimes part of our culture for some types of relationships, like when parents spit on a napkin to wipe their very small child’s face and sometimes very much a result of individual decisions, like a free use policy for example.

So I think part of both the lure and what might be offputting about this is that you have to let the other person in and you have to let them see parts of you that you normally wouldn’t perhaps.
You can’t quite keep the distance that you might normally want to keep and that I think is needed for reverence/putting in a pedestal.
It’s also why I think we sometimes subject our very near and dear ones to things we wouldn’t dream of in less intimate relationships.

For the musical part of it, this is what I always think of when I hear Lyle Lovett’s She’s no lady, she’s my wife, even if he comes at it from a different angle.

So yeah, I think service, in some ways from either side of it, can both feel like good intimacy and acceptance but also kind of degrading and/or objectifying in all honesty, making it hard sometimes both to offer and to accept sevice
Love Lyle

I think we live in such a world now, that there is so little truth that words have almost become meaningless. So insert any kind of act here, and really that becomes a SHOW of devotion.

My personal favorite show of devotion? To kiss every inch of my lover's body, and yes even the egregious ones. As I do, I let her know, "there is no part of you that I find objectionable". Sure I could tell her, "I would kiss your anus", but to actually do it, that is proof.

Thinking about this again.

I wonder how dominants feel regarding submissives who submit this way. I tell y'all things because y'all are my friends who live in my computer, but I hold back pretty hard on it when I'm around Daddy because I don't want to overwhelm him.

I would think that a sub who viewed you as second only to whatever deity they worship would be just the sort of thing that'd bring all the assholes to the yard and give the non-assholes pause. Because I will be honest, it's a lot.

My ex (the sociopath) loved that I submitted in this way and even tried to get me to call him "My Lord." I am ever grateful I didn't do that, lol.

Daddy, I think, worries about taking advantage of me. But what he doesn't understand--or I don't think he does--is that I don't care if he takes advantage of me. That's literally what I'm here for. I'm your service kitten. Use me, dammit. :ROFLMAO:

But, seriously, service that is appreciated and sometimes rewarded (I say that because the former sociopath did neither, and that's ultimately what led to the breakdown of that relationship) is...shit, I was going somewhere with that and lost it. Anyway, doing the man's laundry, making his bed, whatever, that is something to be done with a certain amount of reverence, even. Like, holy shit, this God of a man is allowing me to do this for him and is even thanking me for it.

Ugh, I'm sorry, guys, I'm all over the place. I don't even know where I was headed with this post now. I just want to go serve my Daddy, dammit.
The recent documentary on Netflix about the Bill Gothard Cult that the Duggar family was part of interviewed a woman who had escaped a very abusive marriage in that world. She said her husband insisted she call him “My Lord.”

I agree that the kind of thing I’m imagining would tend to attract assholes and sociopaths. The woman that I served, that I developed these sorts of feelings about, we had a fairly healthy relationship at the time. She was the one that really encouraged me not to be ashamed or embarrassed by my submissive urges, to open up about them to her, and to see my submission as a thing of beauty. In some ways, later, I started to feel as if she shaped me, or made me into the submissive I am, and started feeling these desires to pray to her, to worship her, to call her a deity.

I honestly don’t know how healthy this sort of thing would be in real life. I have my doubts. Once you’ve decided someone is a literal god, you don’t have much space to negotiate or question. But it makes for a powerful fantasy. I would imagine if someone wanted to try it, it would be better to start with a conventional dom/sub relationship and, over time, and enough trust building, work the idea of worship into it.

God I love that

Back