Service/Love As Worship

BiBunny

Moon Queen & Wanderer
So I had a whole wall of text and then deleted it. Instead, I'll just ask, are love, service, and worship all inextricably bound up together for anyone but me?

I won't bore you all with my own personal metaphysics, but I serve my Daddy as though he is God (and in my eyes, he is second only to God), and I am his worshipper. Every act of submission to him is an act of worship.

This is not to say that I think he's perfect and can do no wrong. He's obviously human and has his flaws, and I'm not blind to them. Still, I love and worship and serve him, despite them.

Love as worship is not exactly an unheard of theme in art, literature, music, etc. John Donne's "The Canonization" (and others, too, but that one's my favorite) and Hozier's "Take Me to Church" (although that's a little darker than what I'm suggesting here) immediately come to mind, but I know there are many more. How does service tie into those things, I wonder?

I don't consider myself a terribly spiritual person, so I'm not sure where this propensity to frame my submission to him as worship comes from. But here we are, lol. Anyone else have anything they'd like to add? I don't really even know what I'm asking here, but I'd love to hear y'all's thoughts.

This is exactly my brand of submission, as well. I don’t bring any reference to god, but I do also use the word “worship.” I get the most pleasure out of simply serving him, meeting his needs, being truly a “good girl.”

Yay, I knew someone would understand! Solidarity!

I mean no offense whatsoever to brats, but that's definitely not my personality. I would cross oceans just for a "good girl" from him.

Yay, I knew someone would understand! Solidarity!

I mean no offense whatsoever to brats, but that's definitely not my personality. I would cross oceans just for a "good girl" from him.
❤️❤️❤️

It was a learning curve with my partner and me. He definitely likes a little brattiness, but I have literally 0% brat in my nature. We found a great groove, though.

I think the word I was looking for in the OP and never came up with it was "reverence." It's sort of a mixture of love, adoration, and awe. I do pretty much everything for him with an attitude of reverence. There's a part of me that can't believe I'm allowed to touch him so casually sometimes. (My ex-asshat made me ask permission to touch him. :rolleyes: )

I think the word I was looking for in the OP and never came up with it was "reverence." It's sort of a mixture of love, adoration, and awe. I do pretty much everything for him with an attitude of reverence. There's a part of me that can't believe I'm allowed to touch him so casually sometimes. (My ex-asshat made me ask permission to touch him. :rolleyes: )
Reverence, adoration, paying attention to his needs and trying to meet them without being asked... all that and the good girl motivation underlies all. I also have very little bratty component to my submissiveness

I love worshipping Hubby. But, I also have a bratty streak, and I love being punished and forced too. Of course, some of the most intense worshipping has come after I have been punished for being bratty. 😈😈😈

Before Hubby, I would have said I tended more toward bondage and being forced, mixed with oral worship when in the right mood. But it was all casual back then.

From a dom perspective, I can see how some doms would not appreciate the passive acceptance of love, service, and worship as dominance.

The idea of sitting/lying back and enjoying your sub's surrender delights me. Bring me my drink and massage my sore feet. I will let you know what a good sub you are.

There may be a maturity issue or emotional security issue for the doms who can't appreciate this. The perception that "I am not doing something, I am not really a dom" seems like the thinking of someone who has a burning need to prove something.

So I had a whole wall of text and then deleted it. Instead, I'll just ask, are love, service, and worship all inextricably bound up together for anyone but me?

I won't bore you all with my own personal metaphysics, but I serve my Daddy as though he is God (and in my eyes, he is second only to God), and I am his worshipper. Every act of submission to him is an act of worship.

This is not to say that I think he's perfect and can do no wrong. He's obviously human and has his flaws, and I'm not blind to them. Still, I love and worship and serve him, despite them.

Love as worship is not exactly an unheard of theme in art, literature, music, etc. John Donne's "The Canonization" (and others, too, but that one's my favorite) and Hozier's "Take Me to Church" (although that's a little darker than what I'm suggesting here) immediately come to mind, but I know there are many more. How does service tie into those things, I wonder?

I don't consider myself a terribly spiritual person, so I'm not sure where this propensity to frame my submission to him as worship comes from. But here we are, lol. Anyone else have anything they'd like to add? I don't really even know what I'm asking here, but I'd love to hear y'all's thoughts.

This is a difficult topic for me and when I’ve tried to talk about it, I haven’t had the best results.
Sometimes I get the feeling that I puzzle people more when I try to explain myself, so I’m really just here for the music and the semantics. That might possibly seem like just business as usual? 😂

I love the Hozier song and I’m sappy enough for Stand by your man and Til the real thing comes along.

I would like to add devotion and duty, responsibility and resentement to the words - like I said, not everyone finds the views pretty in these parts of my head.

This is a difficult topic for me and when I’ve tried to talk about it, I haven’t had the best results.
Sometimes I get the feeling that I puzzle people more when I try to explain myself, so I’m really just here for the music and the semantics. That might possibly seem like just business as usual? 😂

I love the Hozier song and I’m sappy enough for Stand by your man and Til the real thing comes along.

I would like to add devotion and duty, responsibility and resentement to the words - like I said, not everyone finds the views pretty in these parts of my head.

I sorta feel the same way about it myself. You notice my first post only sorta talked around it and didn't have much in the way of anything that might create discussion, lol.

Yes, those are all good words. Resentment does come sometimes, but I think any theist who claims they've never been mad at God is full of it, and when you elevate the person you love to that level, it's bound to happen at some point.

Please feel free to share more if you feel comfortable, Iris. I love hearing what others think.

but I think any theist who claims they've never been mad at God is full of it, and when you elevate the person you love to that level, it's bound to happen at some point.
Heh, very true.

Yeah, the God thing is not part of it for me, unless we are talking about the crazy variety of the Norse or Greek mythology.
It’s the elevating that I can’t relate to, for reasons I mentioned here:
https://forum.literotica.com/threads/kinksters-and-infatuation.1590702/#post-97190800

So, if Gods, then perhaps Sigyn and Loki?
Not because she didn’t see his faults but despite them?

People tend to find it upsetting because they don’t think it fits together with what they know about me.
Can’t say I find it too congruous myself but I seem to have a bit higher ambiguity tolerance than most.
This is still not something I’m totally confortable about, though.

Heh, very true.

Yeah, the God thing is not part of it for me, unless we are talking about the crazy variety of the Norse or Greek mythology.
It’s the elevating that I can’t relate to, for reasons I mentioned here:
https://forum.literotica.com/threads/kinksters-and-infatuation.1590702/#post-97190800

So, if Gods, then perhaps Sigyn and Loki?
Not because she didn’t see his faults but despite them?

People tend to find it upsetting because they don’t think it fits together with what they know about me.
Can’t say I find it too congruous myself but I seem to have a bit higher ambiguity tolerance than most.
This is still not something I’m totally confortable about, though.

When you mentioned Sigyn and Loki, it made me think.

I've always sort of associated Daddy and me with Shiva and Parvati, which is kind of natural, given that I'm a Hindu. But there are also Greek gods whom I worship (which I guess makes me a backward-ass pagan or something, I don't know). And you saying Sigyn and Loki made me think the better analog for Daddy and me might be Ares and Aphrodite (the whole her being married bit aside), for the same reason. I see his faults, and I love him, in spite of them (and maybe, to some degree, because of them). Anyway, sorry, bit of a tangent, but that's where my mind went.

I totally get it not "fitting in" with the rest of what people know or think they know about you. I'm fairly skeptical, as a general rule, and sometimes, I wonder why I didn't end up as an atheist. So why I equate love, service, and worship so easily, I honestly couldn't tell you. It's probably some weird, deep-seated trauma issue, as most things end up being, lol. But luckily, the object of my worship is fairly benevolent, so it doesn't get me into too much trouble. ;)

And another thing!

Sorry, I just got out of the shower and was thinking while I was in there. Just in terms of iconography, Vishnu and Lakshmi make an interesting pair for comparison, as she's often shown massaging his feet while he reclines. :)

I love the idea of bodily worship, and it would involve a near TOTAL acceptance of your lover's body. Some of the ideas I've had, and have only done a few at home involve:
  • Swallowing her saliva or having her spit in your mouth.
  • Licking her body clean after a run.
  • Drinking her breastmilk
  • Get a wedding band and get it inscribed: "I am the property of <name>".
  • You can get two rings, one with the inscription inside where its dangerous or inappropriate to have it on the outside (in front of your boss, etc), and another one where you can have it on the outside of the ring (at Whole Foods, etc)
  • Every time she pisses, your job is to lick her clean.
  • Give her manicures and pedicures. Learn how to do it.
  • Be naked around her as much as possible. As property, you dont wear clothes.
  • Make a ritual - every time she comes home or you come home, you must kneel and kiss her pussy. Non-negotiable as a ritual.
  • Iron her clothes, laundry them, and you are not allowed to wash her panties till you've licked the gusset clean.
  • She never showers until you've licked her clean from head to toe first.
  • You don't eat until she has spit into your food. Just saliva is good. Everything you eat has her essence in it. Pussy juice also acceptable if available.
  • Rub her feet, all the time. Get amazing at it. The default when you sit together on a couch is that you're rubbing her feet.
  • Use her pussy juice as hair gel. And face lotion. Smell like her. Carry the scent of her pussy anywhere it doesn't inconvenience others.
  • Use her used towels. Never a fresh one.
  • Sleep with her used panties on your pillow so her scent is what you sleep to
  • She should never piss in a toilet ever again at home. Always into a cup, which you drink or into your mouth. (Make sure you both drink plenty of water. And be aware of medications. If she's on meds this is a bad idea as it will affect you.)
  • Punishments are through body worship-related punishments. If you are being punished, perhaps you don't get to eat regular food that day/week. Instead, she chews everything and spits it out onto your plate, coated in her saliva. That's what you eat. Pre-masticated food soaked in her essence. You lose couch privileges and have to sit at her feet when hanging out. If she enjoys edible things in her vagina like grapes (uncut) or anything else that doesn't leave sugar behind inside her that can cause an infection, that's how you eat fruit from now on. You don't just wash an apple and eat it. It has to be soaked in her pussy juices.
  • Her dirt and byproducts are a sacred thing for you. Her earwax? You use it like an ointment or cream on your own ears (on the outside, don't put it in you'll block up your own hearing)
  • Clean her bellybutton lint with your own hands. Throw it away because it's all bacteria that is not really *her* body. Just random microorganisms. But the cleaning is still your job.
  • Go on vacation or a place you don't know and role play to everyone that you are her assistant. Call her Ms. MaidanName even if she carries your last name. Make it clear you are her assistant/secretary. Serve her publicly since no one knows you there. Let her scold you in front of everyone about some made up work stuff. Rub her feet, bring her drinks, serve her in front of everyone.
  • When she cleans her nose, it's your job to get a napkin for her, clean her finger up.
  • Eat your creampies out of her. If you cum inside her it's YOUR JOB to clean her up. Clean up your own mess.
  • You don't just drink water from the tap. You drink water that she has gargled or swished around in her mouth.
  • After you shower and get all cleaned up and dry, the first thing she does is rub her pussy juice all over your face and hair, marking you. You BELONG to her pussy. You exist to serve it.

• Sexy Laundry Duty: Washing her dirty panties in a small clean bucket of water by hand. Drinking the water to show subservience to her pussy.
  • She spends a full day in her panties and then works out. They are drenched in sweat and pussy juice. She pisses into a jar, takes off her panties and dips them into the jar. Your job? To drink her piss out of the jar, grab her panties, and suck her piss off of every inch of fabric till it is only slightly damp. Wear the panties around neck and go to sleep with your tongue in her pussy.
  • Not allowed to use towels to wipe your face. Her used panties only. Even if you smell like her pussy, it is fitting. Your job is to serve her pussy anyways

I really relate to a lot of what has been said in this thread, albeit from a submissive male perspective. I live to serve my queen and to make her life easier in any way I can. I try always to use respectful words and a respectful tone when I talk to her, no matter what she asks of me. Mow the lawn? "Of course, madam." Kiss her feet while she watches her favorite rom-com? "With pleasure, my lady." Get down and give her eighty pushups? "Right away, my queen." All of this with a smile and an erection. It is truly a privilege to kneel before her and ask her how I may serve her, and I want nothing in return except the opportunity to continue to do it. She is my goddess, and I revel in being her knight.

I really relate to a lot of what has been said in this thread, albeit from a submissive male perspective. I live to serve my queen and to make her life easier in any way I can. I try always to use respectful words and a respectful tone when I talk to her, no matter what she asks of me. Mow the lawn? "Of course, madam." Kiss her feet while she watches her favorite rom-com? "With pleasure, my lady." Get down and give her eighty pushups? "Right away, my queen." All of this with a smile and an erection. It is truly a privilege to kneel before her and ask her how I may serve her, and I want nothing in return except the opportunity to continue to do it. She is my goddess, and I revel in being her knight.

This is great. :rose:

I'm a switch, but as a general rule, I don't want relationships where I am always the dominant one. However, I could probably get used to something like you described! :D

I met my Dom at the lowest point of my life. He befriended me and slowly our bond formed. At first, he would give me challenges that distracted me from my reality. Slowly I opened and discovered how different I felt when we discussed it.
It was a slow rise until I submitted my body to him as much as my mind.

He helped me understand the difference in me giving him control v. others who bullied me to gain my control.
He taught me the importance of aftercare and the strength of our bond.

To say I love him hardly tells the intensity of my devotion. He is my best friend. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for him. And I believe he would fight to the death to protect me from the ones who hurt me before as well as any new threat.

PS - I do show a bratty side when it seems like we need a drama and discipline to add to our pleasure.

For the record, I didn’t want to imply fratricide, malevolence or anyone being undeserving of worship etc. :D

I’ve been thinking about why I don’t equate the sevice aspect with reverence or love really and I think another part of this is about intimacy and boundaries.

Both giving and accepting service does require a level of intimacy and dissolving boundaries that are sometimes part of our culture for some types of relationships, like when parents spit on a napkin to wipe their very small child’s face and sometimes very much a result of individual decisions, like a free use policy for example.

So I think part of both the lure and what might be offputting about this is that you have to let the other person in and you have to let them see parts of you that you normally wouldn’t perhaps.
You can’t quite keep the distance that you might normally want to keep and that I think is needed for reverence/putting in a pedestal.
It’s also why I think we sometimes subject our very near and dear ones to things we wouldn’t dream of in less intimate relationships.

For the musical part of it, this is what I always think of when I hear Lyle Lovett’s She’s no lady, she’s my wife, even if he comes at it from a different angle.

So yeah, I think service, in some ways from either side of it, can both feel like good intimacy and acceptance but also kind of degrading and/or objectifying in all honesty, making it hard sometimes both to offer and to accept sevice

For the record, I didn’t want to imply fratricide, malevolence or anyone being undeserving of worship etc. :D

I’ve been thinking about why I don’t equate the sevice aspect with reverence or love really and I think another part of this is about intimacy and boundaries.

Both giving and accepting service does require a level of intimacy and dissolving boundaries that are sometimes part of our culture for some types of relationships, like when parents spit on a napkin to wipe their very small child’s face and sometimes very much a result of individual decisions, like a free use policy for example.

So I think part of both the lure and what might be offputting about this is that you have to let the other person in and you have to let them see parts of you that you normally wouldn’t perhaps.
You can’t quite keep the distance that you might normally want to keep and that I think is needed for reverence/putting in a pedestal.
It’s also why I think we sometimes subject our very near and dear ones to things we wouldn’t dream of in less intimate relationships.

For the musical part of it, this is what I always think of when I hear Lyle Lovett’s She’s no lady, she’s my wife, even if he comes at it from a different angle.

So yeah, I think service, in some ways from either side of it, can both feel like good intimacy and acceptance but also kind of degrading and/or objectifying in all honesty, making it hard sometimes both to offer and to accept sevice

That makes perfect sense to me.

I was thinking last night, as I was trying to sleep, that I wish I were artistically inclined in some way. I would draw/paint/sculpt him so other people could see him the way I do. I realize that to most people, he's your typical dorky 40-something, but to me, he's beautiful.

....And we're back to John Donne's "The Canonization" again. "And by these hymns, all shall approve / Us canonized for love."

Dammit, I really have no original ideas. :ROFLMAO:

I'm actually really surprised that this thread seems to have spoken to as many people as it did. I honestly thought I was gonna throw it out there, get one or two "What the hell are you on about?" responses, and then have the thread just die, lol.

So it's not to know I'm not the only one, and I'm glad we can all talk about it, even if talking about it sorta seems like grasping at straws to articulate this stuff.

Back