Patting the backs and tooting each others horns

Three of Lit's poets are in the new poetry anthology Blue Angel Landing which can be viewed online and will soon be available in paper via Amazon. We worked on this thing forever, but I think it is beautiful. I realize that I may be biased, so see what you think. The link is www.blueangellanding.com
That magazine is absolutely gorgeous, Ms. Glitters, and you and your fellow editors did a fantastic job.

Oh. Excellent poetry, too. The point, I think. :rolleyes:

Thank you, Mr. Tzara. The showcase poet is amazing I think, Matthew Jolly, but there are some other wonderful poets in there as well: Shara, Manx, Huck, Dov . . . some award-winning poets and some more ordinary schlubbs like me. :) Thanks for looking. :rose:

Thank you, Mr. Tzara. The showcase poet is amazing I think, Matthew Jolly, but there are some other wonderful poets in there as well: Shara, Manx, Huck, Dov . . . some award-winning poets and some more ordinary schlubbs like me. :) Thanks for looking. :rose:

I love some of the names, "Hypatia Pickens" made me laugh for a bit. I've been thinking about reviving my old magazine and maybe making it as simple as possible, not have issues, just long rows of poems from all the new poets I've come across in the last couple years. There were blogs that were run like that that were fairly popular, I think Can We Have Our Ball Back? or some variant was one I used to read. I sort of hate blogs, so it wouldn't be too bloggy. Anyway, congratulations on the Blue Landing and all your pseudonymous poets.

Yay for me! My poem, Senryu #5 is being published in Lynx magazine in October. Colour me stunned.

Thanks Em, and congratulations Vrose!

ETA: I am meeting Hypatia face-to-face tonight for the first time. She's a New Yorker, too. :)

Er, so.

This year's Paddlefish Review has got a poem by me in it.

Does it count if you sometimes work for the editor? I dono. Anyway. Older version of "Caretaker" is in there.

Er, so.

Does it count if you sometimes work for the editor? I dono. Anyway. Older version of "Caretaker" is in there.

Congratulations, DA. And yes, in your case, I think it counts. Do you have a link, perchance?

It's a once-yearly print anthology, so I don't think it's available online. I'll check into it and get back to you.

You done good, R. No surprise to me.

If you get a chance, check out my suggestion for a contest in Tihhhmmmm's laid-back summer thread. I was thinking about doing a sort of poetic prose thingy here. Seems like it'd be right up your alley.

Oh and would you mind if I sent that funeral poem you wrote to our mutual friend in Boston? I think he'd love it.

Er, so.

Cut me some slack. This is my first major magazine. I've only been writing poetry since last November!

Last edited:
For the second year running I have got poetry included in our local summer festival.

At this moment spontaneous poetry is being inscribed in chalk all over the flagstones of our town's seafront square.

Last year six hundred poems were written in 6 hours, by children, teenagers and adults. I hope we break that record.

I'm pleased that our residents and visitors are participating and willing to expose their poetry to everyone (until it rains).

Og

Can we do something about . . .

revitalizing the new poetry review thread. It seems to have fallen into disuse. What better way to pat a poet's back?

Makes me sad.:(

Last edited:
I've only just got back into the swing of submitting poems again, starting an MA has helped me a lot :)

Not much to report:

Nominated for a Pushcart Prize, courtesy of those lovely folks at the Arava Review; one of my poems, "Raiders", shortlisted for the 2009 Bridport Prize.

Quite pleased at that

I've only just got back into the swing of submitting poems again, starting an MA has helped me a lot :)

Not much to report:

Nominated for a Pushcart Prize, courtesy of those lovely folks at the Arava Review; one of my poems, "Raiders", shortlisted for the 2009 Bridport Prize.

Quite pleased at that

terrific news! how exciting for you :)

Not much to report:

Quite pleased at that

Wonderful news, and you better tell us if you win. We'll have fireworks. :) :kiss:

I wanted to pat the backs of annaswirls and Patrick Carrington on their latest volume of Mannequin Envy (www.mannequinenvy.com) which is sadly the last for which they are accepting submissions, it would seem. Still, well worth a gander. Plus I have a poem in there that was first written in the 007 thread here.

Great job Ms. Swirls and Mr. Carrington.

I wanted to pat the backs of annaswirls and Patrick Carrington on their latest volume of Mannequin Envy (www.mannequinenvy.com) which is sadly the last for which they are accepting submissions, it would seem. Still, well worth a gander. Plus I have a poem in there that was first written in the 007 thread here.

Great job Ms. Swirls and Mr. Carrington.

Hey Ms. Glitters - thanks for the nod and the link! I am not sure what will be happening to the old mannequin. She at the very least needs a major facelift, or at least robotic arms and a new bra.

And great to have another Literotican on board! Whoohoo!

I got a haiga published in a book by Modern Haiga Press. It was a bit unexpected.
My achievement seems small next to you guys, but I have not been writing poetry all that long.

I got a haiga published in a book by Modern Haiga Press. It was a bit unexpected.
My achievement seems small next to you guys, but I have not been writing poetry all that long.

Congratulations. You work diligently at what you do. Consider posting it or some other favorite in the "Poet's Choice" thread. I'd like to read it, and if you do, be sure to add a little comment it.

Congratulations, VRJ. It's always kind of a kick to get something accepted, isn't it? Your illustration is quite striking. Did you do that yourself?

Interesting form, by the way. Where'd you hear about it?

Congratulations, VRJ. It's always kind of a kick to get something accepted, isn't it? Your illustration is quite striking. Did you do that yourself?

Interesting form, by the way. Where'd you hear about it?

It really is a kick to get published. Everytime it happens I am surprised. I did the illustration myself in Corel Paintshop Pro. Damn I love that thing. It's like watercolour without the tears! The poem was about a particularly wonderful evening with my now husband when we were courting. I am so glad that that moment was immortalised.

The weird thing about haiga was that I was doing it before I knew what it was. I would take photographs and add little poems or drawings with words. I kind of slapped my forehead and had a big d'oh when I finally read about it. I suspect it is my native form of artistic expression (I think we all have one).

Back