Patting the backs and tooting each others horns

Bless your heart.

And may many possums of good fortune and tastiness follow you throughout your life.

I wish I had a book of Yiddish insults. Then I'd write you an insult instead of possum humor. But who has a book of Yiddish insults?

And may many possums of good fortune and tastiness follow you throughout your life.

I wish I had a book of Yiddish insults. Then I'd write you an insult instead of possum humor. But who has a book of Yiddish insults?

Um....

A kholeria oif dir (A plague on you!)

Zolst geshollen veren vi a barg (You should swell up like a mountain.)

A krenk zol im arayn in di yosles (May a disease enter his gums.)

Ich vel dir geben kadoches (I'll give you worse than nothing! ~My mother used to say that one to me when I made her mad. I never understood it~)

Review of Patrick Carrington's Chapbook at The Pedastal

carringtonF.jpg

Congratulations Patrick!:rose:

Congrats dear Patrick. It's a great review, and needless to say very well deserved. I do hope folks here take a few minutes to read it. Next stop, New Yorker. :)

:rose:

a round

of congratulations to the wonderful poets who have made itto this page yet again.

Patrick, you pull back the branches of that less traveled path and let the light inso I might see well enough to wish I had the talent and skills you possess.

Angeline, you find those heartstrings that I try to hide and jerk on them and I love those tears of joy when I read you.

And Dora- I knew the first time I read you that it wouldn't be long before you were right up here on that pedestal with Pat and Chris and Ange and Anna and the others who give so much of their souls to this craft.

Well done all of you.

Thanks for the inspirations, and a huge WHOO HOO for all the Lit poets who pour their hearts and words out every day!!

:heart:

maria

of congratulations to the wonderful poets who have made itto this page yet again.

Patrick, you pull back the branches of that less traveled path and let the light inso I might see well enough to wish I had the talent and skills you possess.

Angeline, you find those heartstrings that I try to hide and jerk on them and I love those tears of joy when I read you.

And Dora- I knew the first time I read you that it wouldn't be long before you were right up here on that pedestal with Pat and Chris and Ange and Anna and the others who give so much of their souls to this craft.

Well done all of you.

Thanks for the inspirations, and a huge WHOO HOO for all the Lit poets who pour their hearts and words out every day!!

maria

And you, my dear. Your forgot to add you to that sweet list. I keep missin you on Yahoo. One of these days...

:kiss:

Add mine too. :rose:

Congrats dear Patrick . . .

thank you, sweet Ladies of Lit. :kiss:'s

and special thanks for linking the review up, swirly. :heart:

first drafts of most of the poems in the book were written on threads right here. Lit is a special place for me. it seems to bring out good things.

:rose: Patrick

Last edited:
So I jumped back in and submitted a few poems:

two cool sites that I know would love to see you

Rusty Truck

Outsider Writers Collective (in their "Not Your Bitch" series)

Hey I forgot how much fun it is to get work accepted! Hmm. I guess this means I am going to have to write some more now so I have something else to submit. Let the addiction commence.

:)

Thanks for all the help and support :kiss:

Rusty Truck

Hey I forgot how much fun it is to get work accepted! Hmm. I guess this means I am going to have to write some more now so I have something else to submit. Let the addiction commence.

These are excellent, Ms. Swirls. The second one (the NYB one) is fantastic.

Rusty Truck

oh, Anna!! super congrats!!

I wish you were here to whip ME into submission, lol.

congrats again, bunches of love 2 you

Thanks Ange and Tzed!

I forgot how good it feels to be accepted, but I also forgot how much it sucks to be rejected.

Which also happened today.

I wish
I were
above it all

but I suppose it is worth it :) and I have to write, no choice in that matter

:kiss:

oh, Anna!! super congrats!!

I wish you were here to whip ME into submission, lol.

congrats again, bunches of love 2 you

Thanks Norma!

You want me to whip you into submission? I am so much better at being a sappy love bug. I can't help myself. I suck toes.

Angeline has some poems published in the latest Vitruvius which has some wonderful work by two of my favorite poets. Check out Shara Levenque's work in http://www.vitruviusjournal.com/v2i1/issue1.html

Rusty Truck

Last edited:
Congratulations to Annaswirls, RainMan and the loverly motley crew of poets and visual artists responsible for the Summer, 2009 issue of Mannequin Envy. The poetry and art are wonderful as usual.

Poets, do check out this issue. Anna and company are a class act and you will not be disappointed!

Inappropriate back patting

A new poetry magazine launched the other day out of the hands of some Columbia College students. Stephen told me it was someone from Lit's magazine, but now I'm not so sure. It's called Ex Cathedra and it's right up my alley, religious overtones that have very little to do with religion. They published two of my favorite dense poems, so I guess I'm tooting my own horn. Anyway, they're youngsters and I like what they're doing besides for publishing my poems.

http://theinfalliblechair.blogspot.com/

Just to make sure we're still talking about me(if only 33%) Admit2 magazine's new issue has the first of a longer collaboration between me, EPMD, and his wifey. So if you're into collab work you can check that, it's called "Love Triangle".

Just to make sure we're not just talking about me, and to re-iterate the last post, over at Mannequin Envy, Dennis Mahagin's first poem is f-ing brilliant. http://mannequinenvy.com/a.mahagin.html (Though if you haven't gotten enough of me, you can always check out the archives at Mannequin and read my poem about totem stones)

Last edited:
Three of Lit's poets are in the new poetry anthology Blue Angel Landing which can be viewed online and will soon be available in paper via Amazon. We worked on this thing forever, but I think it is beautiful. I realize that I may be biased, so see what you think. The link is www.blueangellanding.com

Last edited:
A new poetry magazine launched the other day out of the hands of some Columbia College students. Stephen told me it was someone from Lit's magazine, but now I'm not so sure. It's called Ex Cathedra and it's right up my alley, religious overtones that have very little to do with religion. They published two of my favorite dense poems, so I guess I'm tooting my own horn. Anyway, they're youngsters and I like what they're doing besides for publishing my poems.

http://theinfalliblechair.blogspot.com/
Incredibly cool interface to this magazine. These guys know Acrobat. But, given my age and failing visual systems, I can barely read the thing, 'specially that guy using footnotes. Ay ay ay!

It is cool, though. Congrats on your poems.

Back