Operation Love Yourself

LostGirlTink

Adorkable weirdo
you-carry-so-much-love-in-your-heart-give-some-to-25091265.png

The purpose of this thread is inspirational I guess.
For you, for me, for anyone who needs it.

There is only 1 rule. No negative self talk.

I ask that it's a place for positive and happy pictures, quotes, inspirational thoughts, discussion, etc.
In addition I'm going to post a task each day to do something kind and caring for yourself. Some will be really easy, some might be harder. You can do them or not.
I'm going to.
Because I've been being kind of mean to myself lately and I think we're all guilty of it from time to time and it can become a habit, I hope that if anyone else needs to that they join me in trying to be a little nicer to themselves.

I'm not sure how long I'll keep it up but I've promised myself 1 month.
If it goes well.. maybe longer, but for now, 30 days.
I'll index them here.

Day 1: Pick your Anthem
Day 2: Hobbies/Classes/Interests
Day 3: Fresh Air
Day 4: Make time for fun!
Day 5: Feel your Feelings
Day 6: A challenge
Day 7: Treat yourself
Day 8:Be positive
Day 9: Distraction
Day 10: Speak Kindly to yourself
Day 11 (a day early!): Dress Nicely
Day 12: Rest
Day 13: Date yourself
Day 14: Date yourself
Day 15: Affirmations
Day 16: Try Meditation
Day 17: Friday Fun
Day 18: visit with a friend
Day 19: Be honest
Day 20: Sorry not sorry
Day 21: Setting Boundaries
Day 22: Random Act of Kindness
Day 23: Look at you <3
Day 24: Go to bed early tonight
Day 25: Be your own hero
Day 26: revisit your anthem
Day 27: Accept a compliment
Day 28: Self care plan

Last edited:
Task 1: Pick your Anthem.

an·them
ˈanTHəm
noun
1.a rousing or uplifting song identified with a particular group, body, or cause.

What song do you listen to, or can you listen to that will be that for you?
All the better if it gets you to dance.

It doesn't have to be anyone else's version of an anthem, it just has to be yours.
(You don't have to share it if you don't want to but it might be wonderful to see everyone else's)

Mine.

Last edited:
Self-care is :heart:
I am happy to see you are making progress in your healing.
Keep the positivity flowing Little Fairy :rose: 🤗

Subscribing to this thread :)

When I first saw the thread title, I thought, "How many masturbating threads do we need?" :p

Great idea, Tink.

Menew- Don't Give Up On Us Now

Song about being strong enough to ask for help and patience. By not asking, we assume we know what others are going through.

Stay strong, Tink. I won't give up on you. :rose:

Task 1: Pick your Anthem

These 2 songs of Bob Marley had been my company on many occasions, mostly on trying and hard times. I have quoted lines from each song that are Powerful and Moving. They serve more like a mantra to me.

And sure these songs can make you dance and even send you to a trance; It'll be quickier if you are into Rastafari stuff 😉 :p

Try to listen, you'll enjoy it too. 🤗

🎵 Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing is gonna be alright. 🎵

Three Little Birds

🎵Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.🎵

Redemption Song

Jah love :heart:

Last edited:
When I first saw the thread title, I thought, "How many masturbating threads do we need?" :p

Great idea, Tink.

Menew- Don't Give Up On Us Now

Song about being strong enough to ask for help and patience. By not asking, we assume we know what others are going through.

Stay strong, Tink. I won't give up on you. :rose:

Damn, you stole my opening :( Carry on

Fuck, I had a funny thought for this thread but it wasn’t close to what I thought the thread was about.

The purpose of this thread is inspirational I guess.
For you, for me, for anyone who needs it.

There is only 1 rule. No negative self talk.

I ask that it's a place for positive and happy pictures, quotes, inspirational thoughts, discussion, etc.
In addition I'm going to post a task each day to do something kind and caring for yourself. Some will be really easy, some might be harder. You can do them or not.
I'm going to.
I'm not sure how long I'll keep it up but I've promised myself 1 month.
If it goes well.. maybe longer, but for now, 30 days.
I'll index them here.

Day 1: Pick your Anthem

Because I've been being kind of mean to myself lately and I think we're all guilty of it from time to time and it can become a habit, I hope that if anyone else needs to that they join me in trying to be a little nicer to themselves.

Thanks this is a great thread. :heart:

My anthem.

This is tough, I've given this some thought this afternoon.

I love, Pink, by the way. I think she's an amazing woman.

As most of you know, I love AC/DC. And they have a number of powerful songs that always "bring me up." I can't listen to them and not come away feeling better.

I'm going to go with one of their biggest hits and classics. It's not really deep. But if you know the story, it's one of overcoming grief. Overcoming loss. And the simple message is pretty clear, you will survive.

Back in Black

Thanks this is a great thread. :heart:

My anthem.

This is tough, I've given this some thought this afternoon.

I love, Pink, by the way. I think she's an amazing woman.

As most of you know, I love AC/DC. And they have a number of powerful songs that always "bring me up." I can't listen to them and not come away feeling better.

I'm going to go with one of their biggest hits and classics. It's not really deep. But if you know the story, it's one of overcoming grief. Overcoming loss. And the simple message is pretty clear, you will survive.

Back in Black

I've been trying to think of what song this would be for me...thanks Lakey for reminding me...

Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive

The message of strength and self worth is so powerful in this one for me (couldn't link it because on my phone and a techtard).

I know every word and is probably one of the only songs I could sing without any prompting.

As someone who is very negative about myself, this is difficult, but I'll give it a go.

My anthem, currently, is People Give In - Manic Street Preachers.

A song about acceptance and being comfortable with who you are. About staying strong.

Give it a listen and read the lyrics.

Great thread, Tink! :rose:

I have a playlist that is specifically for this kind of motivation. Pink and Sia are two fantastic artists I listen to, to feel like I can take on the world. A single song for this thread though, for me, has to be Queen's 'Don't stop me now'.

My pick me up song: “Float On” by Modest Mouse. Basically the message is that everything will be ok and it’s important to remember that even when bad things happen. You just have to float on...

https://youtu.be/CTAud5O7Qqk

Great thread, Tink! :rose:

I have a playlist that is specifically for this kind of motivation. Pink and Sia are two fantastic artists I listen to, to feel like I can take on the world. A single song for this thread though, for me, has to be Queen's 'Don't stop me now'.

Shaun of the Dead didn't ruin that song for me, but I totally associate it hitting zombies with a pool cue now.

Shaun of the Dead didn't ruin that song for me, but I totally associate it hitting zombies with a pool cue now.

And your point is....? I think zombie-bashing is exactly the right kind of anthem for a kick-ass attitude :D

(I actually tend to think either David Armand, or Cadbury advert :rolleyes:)

And your point is....? I think zombie-bashing is exactly the right kind of anthem for a kick-ass attitude :D

(I actually tend to think either David Armand, or Cadbury advert :rolleyes:)

It's totally right for it! Wasn't having a go at it! Makes me chuckle.

I used to live in the california central valley. They have something known as the Tule fog. It ran in 3 day cycles...the first day the fog would never lift. The second day it would burn off around 3pm. And the third day it would burn off by 10am. Of course...the sun then would charge up the moisture and boom...next day fog all day all over again. It would last most of the winter.

At night, you would drive w your head out the window to follow the center lines...thats how bad it was. Funny thing...no matter how bad it was...the curves and bridges and roads were always in the same spots and came in the same order. See..sometimes it feels as the path isnt there. But it is. Faith miss tink.

I don't have an anthem. At least not a motivational one.
But I can't listen to 'Pharrell Williams-Happy' without feeling better and singing along and dancing no matter how bad my mood is.

When i am down...
And troubled...
And need a helping hand

The one thing i dont do is listen to that kind of crap

But i will go back to something like Robin Trower Bridge of Sighs or even his Live album. Fuck...did i ever show my age there. I had these on half speed mastered. :D

Fantastic new thread, Tink! :)

This is my "go to" anthem for inspiration when I'm feeling low:

Kings — The Pierces <-- Link to YouTube video

# You feel unworthy of the throne
# You have forgotten who you are
# We all have the blood of angels
# And we fell from the same star
# ...

Stirring stuff! :)

Back