"One Night in XXX” Story Event: Official Support Thread

Usually my stories come to me as my mind wanders when I'm bored. I work out whole scenes in my head, and then write them out later. But work and life have both been hectic recently and my daydreaming time has been seriously curtailed. It's going to be a busy weekend, so I won't have much time to write anyway.

I can totally relate to the effects of a hectic life on writing time. I started a new job at the beginning of Feb and the training requirements have been overwhelming. I can also relate to how stories veer off course sometimes. Personally I do very little planning and let the characters write the story while I watch and transcribe the events as they happen. Today I was working on my April Fools Day story and man did it ever go off the tracks. Now I have what is tantamount to a Siamese twins story with one half being a well manered sex romp and the other a fisting grandma during Easter supper sort of affair. For the record grandma liked it once she relaxed and got into the groove.

I'm sure your One Night in Dubai story will pan out for you and as NotWise pointed out you've still got time for things to work themselves out. However I call dibs on the fisting grandma angle, if you know what I mean. :D

Now you can recycle them for April Fools Day :D

Or put them in the freezer for next Valentines Day. :D

I added a whole 11 words to my One Night in story and corrected two errors Chloe and i both missed. Moth is fluttery and month was the word. And then there was the 'had' hanging around for no reason. I think he missed his bus or something.

The never ending world of edits. :rolleyes:

If nothing else comes of this exercise, I at least coined the phrase "broom closet blowjob".

If nothing else comes of this exercise, I at least coined the phrase "broom closet blowjob".
I am inspired.

hanky handjob
twinkly tit-fuck
everlasting eargasm
bumpy bum-splitting
tipsy toejam

I should find places for these in One Night in Bisbee. Maybe at St Elmo's tavern.

Hey Chloe, I'd like to petition for a change of city. Roanapur is getting a bit out of hand. I already have a story set in New Delhi which will be fine with a bit of polishing and sprucing up.

Hey Chloe, I'd like to petition for a change of city. Roanapur is getting a bit out of hand. I already have a story set in New Delhi which will be fine with a bit of polishing and sprucing up.

Sure, no problem. :rose: (although I was really looking forward to Roanapur. To many great ideas here, I'd like to do Roanapur too but I'm totally over-committed now)

0e89f8d4a29e9dcdd221a4be578773a47275b531_00.jpg

Last edited:
A quick Q

Apologies if this has been clarified already.

Do the stories have to be set in the present day?

I'm thinking about 13th century Belarus.

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Apologies if this has been clarified already.

Do the stories have to be set in the present day?

I'm thinking about 13th century Belarus.

Thanks in advance, everyone!

They can be set in any time and era you like. I'm doing 12th century Xanadu for one of mine.

I've mentioned that one lunar night is fourteen earthly days. Much could occur. One orbital 'night' in the ISS is forty minutes. Stuff could happen anyway, fast. More coffee, please. In the biblical text of Joshua, Lord {JHWH} held the sun still over Gibeon for a whole day, giving 24 hours of light. Thus Hawai'ians had a 24-hour night. Imagine the parties. And don't even think of Barrow, Alaska.

Certain drugs will distort our time perception. Any day or night can be as long or short as we want. But consider: Angie Dickenson said her affair with JFK was the best twenty seconds of her life. Too bad she lacked time-dilation chemicals.

"One night in Gormaz" is done. I'll let it rest and then maybe give it one more pass before the time comes. It's 6500 words and a simple, slightly gory tale.

"One night in Gormaz" is done. I'll let it rest and then maybe give it one more pass before the time comes. It's 6500 words and a simple, slightly gory tale.

Congrats, NotWise! That's my favorite part, when it's all done except the polish. When you know you have something that works, and now you get to make it shine. I'm still a long way from that point myself, but I'm getting closer, one word at a time.

Congrats, NotWise! That's my favorite part, when it's all done except the polish. When you know you have something that works, and now you get to make it shine. I'm still a long way from that point myself, but I'm getting closer, one word at a time.

I can usually manage two or three words at a time. Then I back up one or two.

I decided that my story had far too much intro and an epilogue for inclusion. Still, I'll put a note in my diary and check these out when they are published. I certainly enjoyed reading the Aussie Summer one’s a few months ago.

I'm 4,569 words in and the sun has finally set. I don't know, I may have bitten off more than I can chew this time. I've got the hook written. But I couldn't get it on the first page like I wanted. I'm starting to have doubts about this story.

Has anyone out there got a bit of time to beta-read what I've got and give me a brutally honest opinion? I'd be happy to return the favor. I honestly don't know if I'm looking for encouragement to push on, or an excuse to quit. Eh, I'll take whatever I can get. I can't bring myself to write any more tonight though.

I'm 4,569 words in and the sun has finally set. I don't know, I may have bitten off more than I can chew this time. I've got the hook written. But I couldn't get it on the first page like I wanted. I'm starting to have doubts about this story.

Has anyone out there got a bit of time to beta-read what I've got and give me a brutally honest opinion? I'd be happy to return the favor. I honestly don't know if I'm looking for encouragement to push on, or an excuse to quit. Eh, I'll take whatever I can get. I can't bring myself to write any more tonight though.

I was going to volunteer a beta read after your last post. PM me.

Damn it! I saw the One Night in XXX thread and started writing. Then I read the rules. XXX is supposed to be a city.

There goes "One Night in Chloe" out the window. :(

Back to the drawing board.

James

Damn it! I saw the One Night in XXX thread and started writing. Then I read the rules. XXX is supposed to be a city.

James
One Night In Chloe In Kalamazoo, FTW!

That would work. But no withdrawals.

James

I'm stretching it a bit. Mordor is not a city but a region, but Chloe seems to think it's OK. Think of it as a big sprawling city, like LA. But with Orcs and spiders rather than commuters and cars. The air quality probably is comparable.

Event descriptions should be seen as springboards rather than boundaries. But "Chloe" might be stretching things a bit too far, so to speak.

I'm rather enjoying this event. The writing has been fun, so far. I'm pleased to be able to tell the story of a nubile elf-maiden whose crucial role in the downfall of Sauron and assistance to two sex-starved hobbits was regretfully omitted from Tolkien's official version of the tale.

Back