One Million Words

Duleigh

Just an old dog
I started posting on Literotica in 2006, between then and 2008 posted 6 strokers then went silent as RL reared its ugly head. Then on Christmas Eve 2021 I posted Serendipitous Liaison, a side story to the We're a Wonderful Wife saga that I was writing in the background. From that day to this I've posted 54 stories spanning the world and creeping out into the multiverse and today with Saturday Evening that is in the Summer Lovin' and Crime and Punishment event I have surpassed one million worlds,

I didn't count my 2006/2008 stories nor did I count my "poetry," just the stuff I've been working on and posting since that Christmas Eve 2021.

1,000,000 words in 616 days, that's 1,674 words a day! Here's to my next million!

I started posting on Literotica in 2006, between then and 2008 posted 6 strokers then went silent as RL reared its ugly head. Then on Christmas Eve 2021 I posted Serendipitous Liaison, a side story to the We're a Wonderful Wife saga that I was writing in the background. From that day to this I've posted 54 stories spanning the world and creeping out into the multiverse and today with Saturday Evening that is in the Summer Lovin' and Crime and Punishment event I have surpassed one million worlds,

I didn't count my 2006/2008 stories nor did I count my "poetry," just the stuff I've been working on and posting since that Christmas Eve 2021.

1,000,000 words in 616 days, that's 1,674 words a day! Here's to my next million!
Nice accomplishment.

I write for more than Literotica but you inspired me to go back and see when I reached the million word milestone here.

I started back in 2014 with a 140K word story here. Seven years later I had posted stories totaling just over a million words and currently sit at just under a million and a half with 25 stories. That has my average story at 60K words, or approximately 16 Lit pages.

I'm going to go back and add my older stories and get a jump on 2,000,000

I haven't a clue how many words I've written. Grammarly sends me a report every week of words checked. It used to include lifetime on the report. But often, I'm rechecking the same story several times so the report can be highly inflated. Last I bothered to look, it was like six million words, for however many years I've used Grammarly.

Wow - respect!

I don't know how you prolific people do it. Hit publish on a story yesterday, ~6700 words, and it took most of August. Probably 20 hours of writing and 50 of editing/polishing. My brain must work slow...

I did my word maths and discovered I've been fairly consistent over the nine years since May 2014, at 10k a month. I had around 1.1 million last count, which is a lot of slow burn and cafƩs.

I'm going to see if I can somehow map it, or at least show how it all joins up. That's a neat idea.

Math, you always resort to math!
I did my word maths and discovered I've been fairly consistent over the nine years since May 2014, at 10k a month. I had around 1.1 million last count, which is a lot of slow burn and cafƩs.

I'm going to see if I can somehow map it, or at least show how it all joins up. That's a neat idea.

I haven't a clue how many words I've written. Grammarly sends me a report every week of words checked. It used to include lifetime on the report. But often, I'm rechecking the same story several times so the report can be highly inflated. Last I bothered to look, it was like six million words, for however many years I've used Grammarly.
When I post my story I get the word count from my word processor and put that in the spreadsheet I used to track votes, comments, and views. I glanced over a the total for the word count and realized at 988,000 Saturday Evening was going to put me over the top

Australia has more than one mathematical formula. The singular American "math" makes no sense whatsoever.
Sure it does. "Math" is an abbreviation of the term "mathematics," which is a singular noun, just as "physics," also ending in "s," is a singular noun.

Mathematics is my favorite subject.

Not

Mathematics are my favorite subjects.

In America we just lop off everything after the "h." This makes more sense to me, since it's less confusing about the singular/plural distinction, but it's purely a matter of custom and taste, not grammar.

It always sounds funny to my ear to hear someone say, "I study maths," but that's just a matter of familiarity and custom.

In America we like to chop off unnecessary letters, like the "s" in math, the "i" in aluminum, and the "u" in more damn words than I care to think about.

Sure it does. "Math" is an abbreviation of the term "mathematics," which is a singular noun, just as "physics," also ending in "s," is a singular noun.

Not

In America we just lop off everything after the "h." This makes more sense to me, since it's less confusing about the singular/plural distinction, but it's purely a matter of custom and taste, not grammar.

It always sounds funny to my ear to hear someone say, "I study maths," but that's just a matter of familiarity and custom.

In America we like to chop off unnecessary letters, like the "s" in math, the "i" in aluminum, and the "u" in more damn words than I care to think about.

Screenshot_20230902-084504-353.png
šŸ˜

Not

Don't forget the tendency to replace letters with X. Mostly 'cks' and 'ex', but also 'twitter' recently.

Back