Official Notice: Holiday Contest + 5th Anniversary = Big Prizes!

contest voting

I have just posted Christmas Card Caper, an incest story for the holiday contest and would appreciate feedback.

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=118598

Also, I noticed DS writing about "Snerts" and was interested in details of how others cheat. Is there just a group of others that band together and vote low?

I ask because my score was gradually increasing daily...that is unit someone posted a note of profuse praise on the story feedback board highly recommending it to others. Right after that the score dropped. So wondered if I was screwed by the compliment which maybe encouraged the "Snerts" to do whatever it is they do.

Steve

Re: contest voting

Excitedmind said:
I have just posted Christmas Card Caper, an incest story for the holiday contest and would appreciate feedback.

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=118598

Also, I noticed DS writing about "Snerts" and was interested in details of how others cheat. Is there just a group of others that band together and vote low?

I ask because my score was gradually increasing daily...that is unit someone posted a note of profuse praise on the story feedback board highly recommending it to others. Right after that the score dropped. So wondered if I was screwed by the compliment which maybe encouraged the "Snerts" to do whatever it is they do.

Steve

My story has over 10 votes so they've hit it. Hopefully Laurel will clear them buggers out, if not no big deal. I submitted the story for for all of you, and your families.

As Always
I Am the
Dirt Man

Re: Re: contest voting

Dirt Man said:
My story has over 10 votes so they've hit it. Hopefully Laurel will clear them buggers out, if not no big deal. I submitted the story for for all of you, and your families.

As Always
I Am the
Dirt Man

How would they know how many votes you have?

Re: Re: Re: contest voting

Satin Kitty 69 said:
How would they know how many votes you have?

More than ten votes gets your score written up at the side of your story in the category list. An average of better than 4.5 gets you a red H on all story lists. Hence more than 10 votes = bomb target.

Gauche

Re: Re: Re: Re: contest voting

gauchecritic said:
More than ten votes gets your score written up at the side of your story in the category list. An average of better than 4.5 gets you a red H on all story lists. Hence more than 10 votes = bomb target.

Gauche

Thank you...that is too bad, I guess when there is money involved fairness is hard...feeling of anonymity etc.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: contest voting

Satin Kitty 69 said:
Thank you...that is too bad, I guess when there is money involved fairness is hard...feeling of anonymity etc.

OH IT"S THE MONEY!!! I thought they just enjoyed slamming people. Don't feel bad, happens to me all the time. To make it fair I ALWAYS vote 5 if I finish reading the story. Speaking of which, I have to get around to finding out whose I haven't read yet so I can give them all fives too.

Hard though, being interupted in the middle of reading makes it hard to remember where I was and whose story I was in the middle of the last time I was going to vote. If you accidentally vote a 5 for the same story twice to you get in trouble? (if it isn't your own of course)

Voting twice. I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that due to cookies etc it's not possible to vote twice on the same story.

Assuming I'm wrong, I think if it happened Laurel would see it and adjust scores accordingly.

Either that or I'm talking out of the back of my face.

Gauche

gauchecritic said:
Voting twice. I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that due to cookies etc it's not possible to vote twice on the same story.

Assuming I'm wrong, I think if it happened Laurel would see it and adjust scores accordingly.

Either that or I'm talking out of the back of my face.

Gauche

heheh thank you :), I guess I have done good then, I didn't see any where I couldn't vote yet. :) I am back to reading, but someday you have to teach me the "talking out of the back of my face" thing, I bet that one is great for parties ;).

HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS

My submission is still being edited, but I should have it done tomorrow (crosses fingers). My friend has been busy.

So far it is called "The Perfect Gift", it is set just before Christmas but should the name have something more to do with winter?

Thanks for everyone's help! I think the butterflies in my stomach are slowing their frantic pace.

For anyone that wanted to find out what happened in part two of my story "Panties from wrapping paper" I posted it this morning (Friday 5th, cutting it close) and it may be up over the weekend, but I won't be here then, hence the early warning.

I'd still love feedback on the female POV.

The first part has just received enough votes to qualify for the mediocrity to which I'm doomed.

Good luck to one and all.

Gauche

gauchecritic said:
For anyone that wanted to find out what happened in part two of my story "Panties from wrapping paper" I posted it this morning (Friday 5th, cutting it close) and it may be up over the weekend, but I won't be here then, hence the early warning.

I'd still love feedback on the female POV.

The first part has just received enough votes to qualify for the mediocrity to which I'm doomed.

Good luck to one and all.

Gauche

Well, it's gotta be doing better than my story vote wise. I'm just barely holding an H. Must be a pretty crummy story. Oh well.

As Always
I Am the
Dirt Man

As a newcomer to the site, October 29th, I think, or thereabouts, I was taken by complete surprise to have my first ever submitted story win a monthly award. I wish to thank each and all who read and voted. I feel honored and humbled and pleased all at the same time.

However, the ratings on the story have trended downward, and several of my new offerings have recieved '1' votes, I was puzzled and wondered what was behind the low votes. I personally, if I do not find a story worthy, just leave with no vote.

But, nonetheless, reading the several comments concerning that, reminds me I should have realized that this site is no different from life in general...t'is composed of all sorts of people.

I feel fortunate to be able to participate in Literotica and this is the first opportunity I have had to wander around a little. Regards to all....amicus...

amicus said:
As a newcomer to the site, October 29th, I think, or thereabouts, I was taken by complete surprise to have my first ever submitted story win a monthly award. I wish to thank each and all who read and voted. I feel honored and humbled and pleased all at the same time.

However, the ratings on the story have trended downward, and several of my new offerings have recieved '1' votes, I was puzzled and wondered what was behind the low votes. I personally, if I do not find a story worthy, just leave with no vote.

But, nonetheless, reading the several comments concerning that, reminds me I should have realized that this site is no different from life in general...t'is composed of all sorts of people.

I feel fortunate to be able to participate in Literotica and this is the first opportunity I have had to wander around a little. Regards to all....amicus...

I know, this stuff can be cut-throat at times. BUT there are still some of us who love everyone!!!!

Amicus, cutie, see if you can put a link in your signature for your stories? I am going to go hunt you down but it would be faster if you had a link in it :).

BIG HUGS!!!

Originally posted by amicus

What's behind the 1's? SNERTS, and too fellow authors who want to win more than they want to breath. Sorry, but people are people, the same here as in real life.

DS

help with posting my story

I just submitted a story to the Holiday Contest and it was approved, I made sure to write "Holiday Contest" in the notes section, but I don't see it in the Holiday Contest page. What can I or you or someone do to make sure that it gets counted in the contest? Thanks for your help.
~Teresa

Re: help with posting my story

Originally posted by ticklemeteresa
I just submitted a story to the Holiday Contest and it was approved, I made sure to write "Holiday Contest" in the notes section, but I don't see it in the Holiday Contest page. What can I or you or someone do to make sure that it gets counted in the contest? Thanks for your help.
~Teresa

It takes a while for Laurel to post the new stories on that page as she has to do it by hand. Be patient, it should be up later today, or early tomorrow morning.

DS

I agree with you Dirty Slut that there are many snoots and snerts out there that give people low number 1's to keep them from winning these contests and that is a shame. I am usually generous with my voting though often giving people 4's and 5's on their stories. I think I would give you a 10 on that body of yours though Dirty Slut:)

http://www.MR. Gibson' sexy tales

I dread the possibility of snerts invading my vote count but I'm also against voting for people simply because they may be nice or for whatever reason. I vote if I like it or not, although I've never given a one or a two (haven't crossed a story that bad yet, I suppose). But if I'm not feeling it they get a three. Boo to snerts, yay for the fair judges.

I just submitted my contest entry. It is the first romance story I have written, so we'll see. I tend to write more female leading or mfm bi stories, but I wanted to try and write a male-female plot. It was fun, and I enjoyed my exploration into a different content and writing style. I'll let everyone know when it has been posted.

Back