Official Notice: Holiday Contest + 5th Anniversary = Big Prizes!

HURRAY!!!!! HURRAY!!!! HURRAY!!!!! My story is up for the contest! It took Laurel not even 1/3 the time to post it as it took me just to edit it!!!

Ok, it's something a little different. But, I thought it was in the spirit of things.....

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=117580

It's a letter to Santa from Dana. I dont' usually write this way, so let me know what ever thinks!

Dear Maths,

Part one of my Christmas story "Panties from wrapping paper" was posted in record time (much less than 3-5 days) and had 3 five votes when I looked last night.

Tonight it has 10 votes and is at 4.3 average. My question (Not The Question) is this; Did the next seven voters all give it a 4? That works but I can't admit to myself that I didn't write a straight 5 piece.

Could you please PM or mail or reply here the figures required to suit my bombed ego.

On a more serious note, for everyone else (Maths too of course) if you happen to read my story (doesn't matter much whether you vote or not) could you please send me a comment on the female POV I used. It would be greatly appreciated.

Gauche

that was a cute story!!! I liked it :) Moves a little fast, but overall very nice :)

I am looking for a link to the previous winners, don't we still have a listing? How do I find it?

to sweetnpetite & also about having sex with stranger

hello sweetnpetite, just go to site contents on main literotica page where they list all the different things to do on this site and find Author's awards and their you go girl!:) plus I like your stranger story and I voted on it. :)

I just realized now that I've posted my story, "The Spirit of Christmas" and haven't anounced it on this board. So I'm doing so now. Um...yeah. So if anyone who's familiar with my writing style and would like to read my Christmas entry it's up on the Holiday Contest section. I put a lot into my story "The Spirit of Christmas" and hope it does well.

I just wanted to publicly thank the owners of this site. First, for giving us all an outlet for our work that might otherwise end up just another forgotten disk in a box, collecting dust on the back of our desk. Secondly for hosting contests like the Holiday one that attract attention, motivate us to complete projects, reach for greatness and share a part of ourselves with others.

Kinda sappy, but true.
Whisper :rose:

to whisper about holiday winter/anniversary contest

You are so right whisper in everything that you said. I could not agree more with you and I wish you good luck in your stories!:)

Still trying to go through all the stories posted so far. Phew! There's a lot of reading to be done!:cool:

Lovepotion69 said:
Still trying to go through all the stories posted so far. Phew! There's a lot of reading to be done!:cool:

But, I've found it to be very evocative reading. Congrats to all.

Whisper :rose:

I've finished my Holiday story, but I'm a little unsure if it will really fit in here. It takes place during the winter, the setting is supposed to be a college school trip to the alps. There is no mentioning of Christmas anywhere. Do I need to re-write it?

New Year's Eve is part of the holiday season too Flicka, but you'd have to mention it, or Xmas to make the story official.

DS

Dirty slut give winter holiday/anniversary contest a try

Hey Dirty slut I know you do not think people will vote for you on writing contest because of the way you look but I think you should give it a try girl ya never know? Just think you could be wealthy and good looking!:D Samething for you jenny by the way! as for me laurel did not like my last christmas story and rejected it. right now I am crying in my soup trying to talk to my pals on this site to cheer me up!:(

Hey Dirty slut I know you do not think people will vote for you on writing contest because of the way you look but I think you should give it a try girl ya never know? Just think you could be wealthy and good looking! Samething for you jenny by the way! as for me laurel did not like my last christmas story and rejected it. right now I am crying in my soup trying to talk to my pals on this site to cheer me up!

I'll think about it, but don't bet your life on it Mr. Too many snerts, and snoots to my liking.

DS

Svenskaflicka said:
I've finished my Holiday story, but I'm a little unsure if it will really fit in here. It takes place during the winter, the setting is supposed to be a college school trip to the alps. There is no mentioning of Christmas anywhere. Do I need to re-write it?

No. My story doesn't mention Christmas either. It is a winter holiday competition, not a Christmas competition.

Quote from the rules:
- Story must have a winter holiday theme. Please don't just submit a normal story and throw in snowflakes and gingerbread. That would not be in the spirit of the contest, and readers & voters would probably punish you for your trickiness. -

No mention of Christmas or New Year in the rules.

Go for it.

Og

Last edited:
Um, I've been checking my votes for my Holiday Contest entry pretty much daily now and I seem to get rollbacks all the time. I'd have 60 votes at one point then 52 later in the day, dropping my score. Why is this? It's somewhat miffing to see this happen. If there's a good reason for this then I'm all for it but it's like someone's playing God with my scores or something. And I know for a fact that there should be more legit votes because I get e-mails from my readers and they aren't the same people.

50+ votes?

I should be so lucky. I struggle to get the 25 votes necessary for my entry to be considered.

Feedback? I used to get none, one or two per story. Flawed Red Silk did better but I have NEVER had more than five items of feedback for any story.

In the contests there appears to be a group of spoilers who vote tactically. In one contest I had a complimentary item of feedback at the same time as a 1 vote. Why?

I think I am immune from most of the voting games because the stories I write will never win. They aren't sexy enough. But established high scoring writers seem to be plagued by the blue meanies.

Og

Og,
Didn't mean to sound cocky or anything. All I wanted to know was why my votes were disappearing. I just find it a little strange when I get rolled back. As stated earlier, if there's a good explanation then fine, but if there's some other reason that doesn't justify the roll back then I think everyone should be concerned in all fairness of the contest. You might even have more votes but not know it because it was rolled back.

Raven,

I think you'll find that because the holiday stories are a 'once only' that Lauren takes more time weeding out the bombers as best she can, but remember too that if her judgement is that the last 5 votes of 5 that you got where you were only getting 4s before, were erroneous she may also decide to remove those.

Does this clear it up? I thought not.

Gauche

LordRaven said:
Og,
Didn't mean to sound cocky or anything. All I wanted to know was why my votes were disappearing.

You didn't sound cocky. I'm just jealous. If I wrote mainstream stories I might get more votes.

The site owners try to keep the voting fair but their intervention can make the system difficult to follow.

The voting seems to even out over time.

Og

Thanks guys. Sounds reasonable. Good to know what's up. I'm glad Laurel is out there standing vigil. I must say that the beginning of this thread had me worried about snerts. But it's all good in the hood.

I've given up on the voting thing. Some people don't want me on the Top List. They 1 me. *shrugs* I'll not waste my energy getting annoyed.

There are people out there who like a) me, b) my stories. Not necessarily in that order.

I once received a feedback on one of my stories in which the feedbacker told me that he/she/they always check my list of stories whenever they log in at Lit, to see if I have written anything new.

That's why I keep writing. Screw the voting!:)

Svenskaflicka said:

There are people out there who like a) me, b) my stories. Not necessarily in that order.

Shouldn't that be a) Svenskaflicka, b) your posts, c) your AVs, d) your stories and e) Polly Juice?

I like all of them. I love some of them.. Not necessarily in that order.

Og:heart:

Hey that's ok Dirty slut if you do or don't want to be in the holiday contest. It's all up to you girl. I am just happy that you are talking back to me ! :) .plus that's great flicka that you have a fan base I am happy for you. It is more than many people have. plus I wish good luck to all who enters this contest!:D

Back