Official Notice: Holiday Contest + 5th Anniversary = Big Prizes!

Laurel said:
We will accept entries starting November 10, and we will stop accepting contest entries on December 7. On December 14, we will announce the 3 winners.

The other Mrs and I had a story posted today. :)
plus two others by me alone. yay the muses are back

I just wanted to post here and thank Laurel for the contests. I know they can occasionally be hard on writers because of snert votes, but the contests at least give us all an opportunity to realize a reward for our work that is tangible. The prize I recieved for the 2003 reader's choice awards sits right here on my computer desk and reminds me that my work is appreicated even when I am not writing. It is one of my prized possessions.

-Colly

Colleen Thomas said:
I just wanted to post here and thank Laurel for the contests. I know they can occasionally be hard on writers because of snert votes, but the contests at least give us all an opportunity to realize a reward for our work that is tangible. The prize I recieved for the 2003 reader's choice awards sits right here on my computer desk and reminds me that my work is appreicated even when I am not writing. It is one of my prized possessions.

-Colly

wow, colly....and here I'm just in it to find an audience perverted like me

I just finished my story.

It is a bit longer than most of mine, and currently spans 6 1/2 pages. Is this too long?

A friend is going to read over it for me before I submit it, which hopefully I'll be able to do tomorrow.

Thank you Lauren for reminding me that it only has to be submitted by Dec 7, I don't have to have 25 votes untill just before Dec 14th.

This is the first contest I have ever entered for my erotic writing, I'm so nervous lol.

Satin Kitty 69 said:
I just finished my story.

It is a bit longer than most of mine, and currently spans 6 1/2 pages. Is this too long?

A friend is going to read over it for me before I submit it, which hopefully I'll be able to do tomorrow.

Thank you Lauren for reminding me that it only has to be submitted by Dec 7, I don't have to have 25 votes untill just before Dec 14th.

This is the first contest I have ever entered for my erotic writing, I'm so nervous lol.

I have several stories that are 6 pages or more. It isn't the length it's what you do with the words. Go ahead and submit it :)

-Colly

hello satin kitty 69, please do not be nervous about your first erotica contest post after all my "MRS. Santa Claus" story that was just posted is not just my first story posted in a literotica contest but it is my first story posted on this site ever! So I am at least happy about that. And again I wish good luck to all people who participate in this holiday winter/anniversary contest for 2003.:)

MR. Gibson said:
after all my "MRS. Santa Claus" story that was just posted is not just my first story posted in a literotica contest but it is my first story posted on this site ever!

My holiday story is only my second story. My first story was posted a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get a Christmas story written, because I was participating in NaNoWriMo, but I finished Nano before the deadline, so I had some time to spare to write my holiday story.

CrimsonMaiden said:
My holiday story is only my second story. My first story was posted a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get a Christmas story written, because I was participating in NaNoWriMo, but I finished Nano before the deadline, so I had some time to spare to write my holiday story.

I'm curious about what "NaNoWriMo" is?

You can check it out at www.nanowrimo.org.

It's a yearly event where novelists try to write a 50,000 word novel in one month's time. Several of the authors here at Lit participated this year.

I guess I'll post here, too. My story submission is The Perfect Gift

It's actually the 2nd story I've submitted, but my first one hasn't been posted yet. Laurel got the holiday one up with blinding speed (less than 24 hrs) - many thanks for that!!

Mhari said:
I guess I'll post here, too. My story submission is The Perfect Gift

It's actually the 2nd story I've submitted, but my first one hasn't been posted yet. Laurel got the holiday one up with blinding speed (less than 24 hrs) - many thanks for that!!

Yes, she got mine up in less than 24 also. But I only see it on the New Stories page, how come I don't see it on the contest page?

As Always
I Am the
Dirt Man

Just how do you win something like this, anyway? Is it the one who gets the most votes, or the highest votes, or does Laurel and Manu choose?:confused:

I think it's the story that has gotten enough votes to qualify (25 for this contest) and has the highest rating, but I could be wrong.

Maybe Dirt man you do not see your holiday story on the holiday board because you did not put holiday winter/anniversary contest for 2003 in the notes section. You have to put it there for it to be eligible ok? Plus I DO think there is some people tampering with the votes because I got so and so votes then the next day I see a little less votes. I know laurel does her best in keeping the tampering to a minimum but something has to be done about this:mad:

MR. Gibson said:
Maybe Dirt man you do not see your holiday story on the holiday board because you did not put holiday winter/anniversary contest for 2003 in the notes section. You have to put it there for it to be eligible ok? Plus I DO think there is some people tampering with the votes because I got so and so votes then the next day I see a little less votes. I know laurel does her best in keeping the tampering to a minimum but something has to be done about this:mad:
You may have seen less votes because Laurel has been wonderful about going through and deleting multiple votes from the same person. This keeps people from lowering the rating on a story by voting several 1's in a row. It also keeps people from bumping the rating on their story unfairly by voting several 5's.

Hope this helps you understand it a bit better.

Whisper :rose:

MR. Gibson said:

I did put that in the notes section. As for the amount of votes so far I 126 views, and 6 votes. About what I expected for a non-erotic story.

As Always
I Am the
Dirt Man

Thanks to all of you for posting your story links here... I am beginning to get into the holiday spirit and what better thing to do than to read these stories? Besides.... I have been spending more time writing and in the forum than actually reading stories, which is why I came to Lit in the first place... so I am looking forward to getting back to some reading.

Good luck to all of you!
:heart:
DJJ

things are really looking up for me I have a holiday story up called "MRS. Santa Claus" and I have a new story up called "SEXY Grandma". these are my very first two stories posted in literotica.:)

Congratulations!!!!!

MR. Gibson said:
things are really looking up for me I have a holiday story up called "MRS. Santa Claus" and I have a new story up called "SEXY Grandma". these are my very first two stories posted in literotica.:)

Congratulations, and good luck in the contest.

DS

thanks a million DS. You may want to read some of my stories later. I have read and liked yours. you are one of my favorite people on this site along with whisper and some others.:)

Congratulations from me too Mr Gibson.

MR. Gibson said:

There's nothing like posting your first story here, and posting your first two almost simultaniously is quite a fateaccompli. Well done, and good luck in the contest.

As Always
I Am the
Dirt Man

Back