Men removing pubic hair

After meeting my wife, we both tried shaving. Well - me shaving her initially, though I've also from time to time decided to shave myself. The result when I shaved EVERYTHING was - my wife said I looked like a little boy, and it really didn't appeal to her. So, I tend to leave the 'bush' but shave the meet and veg.

We've also tried hair removal cremes... there's a brand called "Nair" here in Australia that claims it's more natural than the harsher "chemical" ones, but - I really don't know if that's just the PR campaign. It does however tend to be gentler on sensitive skin such as mine - I have used it on occasion. I find it I usually need to combine a bit of shaving and the Nair to get a full clearance.

A couple years ago my wife saw a cheap-ass DIY laser hair removal device online... Was going to buy it... (And considering sex hasn't really been on the cards for ages, I figured - hey, let's support this!) But the reviews for the device when I looked into it were terrible. I investigated, and found one of the better DIY devices was about $700 - so, far from cheap! But, within a few weeks it came up for half price somewhere online, so I grabbed it for her.

We tried it on her pits first, but also a pass along top of her pubis. The reviews say that it best you still actually need to use it about twice a year... But that repeated use will kill the hairs, so potentially you'll have less hair to remove over time. Her interest in the device however didn't last that long. I will try push her again on the idea... I'm curious to try it as well, but my skin as noted is sensitive so - rather see how it goes for her first as she's got more robust skin. Oh - Technically - it says it's not for use on genitals... Pubis mons yes, but not the actual genitals. But the reviews all say they use it there...

I can dig up the brand/model if anyone's curious, though I think the model was being replaced anyways...

Last edited:
Has anyone tried any of the at home laser devices? Do they work at all?
It's cheaper to get it done professionally, anything less than $600 is in effect junk, trust me. Through living social or Groupon you can get 2 packs of 6 visits for less.... 6 might be enough, I got a second to cover most of the stray hairs. .

I have never shaved. What is the general preference for a partner? Mine for females is definitely trimmed up. But I’m more curious about preference for men being shaved. I’ve thought about trimming, but if I go that route am I expected to shave arms, legs, chest, etc?
I don't think there are any expectations that count other than what you want -- plus its your body. do what feels good and call it a day.

Anyone have experience with home laser hair removal?
The older I get the more I hate shaving.
Was quoted a max of $1200 to do pits and bikini, would take a year, go every 6 weeks until it's all gone.

Anyone have experience with home laser hair removal?
The older I get the more I hate shaving.
Was quoted a max of $1200 to do pits and bikini, would take a year, go every 6 weeks until it's all gone.
I have one arriving tomorrow. Less than $100. 8,000 reviews, 4.8 stars. Says 8 weeks to smoothness. Keep you posted

Started shaving my pubic hair soon after we got married.. wife liked it.
Thats all the incentive I needed…
Been close to 40 years now and smooth as a baby’s butt still
I shave her. A job I love

I heard that "home laser" machines are not as good as a professional one, but you still can get about 6 months from a treatment, and the more you use it, the less hair grows back...

Back