Men and Women a philosophical nature

Hello everyone. ((((Hugs)))) :heart: What about internet relationships? Are they real? How much do you reveal of yourself?
Gianna :rose:

Gi_Venus said:
Hello everyone. ((((Hugs)))) :heart: What about internet relationships? Are they real? How much do you reveal of yourself?
Hey Gi Venus (A General Infantry Goddess?)

As for internet relationships.... in terms of friendships they can be as real as they need to be... chatting for hours, having fun and caring for each other is important in any relationship.

Romantic on the other hand lacks something... romance really needs that phyical side... if you dont feel comfortable with someone phyically how can you be romanticly envolved?

But consider this... is seeing someone face to face any differnt from the internet? As we may only be a mental projection of ourselves and not really there....

Howdy Gi

Thanks for the hugs. You are always so kind and outgoing. :cool:

Again, like the questions by Gypsybyrd, that is a question with many answers and some are yes and some are no.

I was not ignoring Gypsybyrd’s question, but rather thinking about what I reply, without getting into too deep a debate.

I certainly believe that you can have very real and important friendships over the internet. As with a real life relationship, it is entirely dependant on communication. Being relatively up front in your expectations and ‘rules’ is so important. I am not talking about scaring people away by being too ‘up front’ but being honest in the distance and depth you will allow over the internet. There are many on the internet (and at this board) that have a distinct separation between internet and real life.

That does not discount that it is perfectly possible to have a deep, meaningful and important relationship over the internet only. It just means that whether it will spill over into your physical world is up to the participants. To many, the internet is a playground, not to be taken seriously. To others, it is just as real as real life, and there are varying shades of gray all along the path between the two.

As far as a deeper, love/sexual relationship over the internet. In many ways it is harder but I do not see it as impossible. It can be looked at in the same manner as a friendship, from pure unimportant play to a deep, meaningful relationship. Yes, it will always lack some of the attributes that are part of the physical, non-verbal play between lovers and sexual partners, but I do not believe it impossible, just far more difficult.

This could go on for pages upon pages, but I will stop now.
I hope I at least partially answered your question(s) Gi and Gypsybyrd.

:)

Gi_Venus said:
Originally Posted by Gi_Venus
Hello everyone. ((((Hugs)))) What about internet relationships? Are they real? How much do you reveal of yourself?
Gianna

trent0553 said:
Howdy Gi

Again, like the questions by Gypsybyrd, that is a question with many answers and some are yes and some are no.

I was not ignoring Gypsybyrd’s question, but rather thinking about what I reply, without getting into too deep a debate.

I certainly believe that you can have very real and important friendships over the internet. As with a real life relationship, it is entirely dependant on communication. Being relatively up front in your expectations and ‘rules’ is so important. I am not talking about scaring people away by being too ‘up front’ but being honest in the distance and depth you will allow over the internet. There are many on the internet (and at this board) that have a distinct separation between internet and real life.

That does not discount that it is perfectly possible to have a deep, meaningful and important relationship over the internet only. It just means that whether it will spill over into your physical world is up to the participants. To many, the internet is a playground, not to be taken seriously. To others, it is just as real as real life, and there are varying shades of gray all along the path between the two.

As far as a deeper, love/sexual relationship over the internet. In many ways it is harder but I do not see it as impossible. It can be looked at in the same manner as a friendship, from pure unimportant play to a deep, meaningful relationship. Yes, it will always lack some of the attributes that are part of the physical, non-verbal play between lovers and sexual partners, but I do not believe it impossible, just far more difficult.

RocknRoll said:

As for internet relationships.... in terms of friendships they can be as real as they need to be... chatting for hours, having fun and caring for each other is important in any relationship.

Romantic on the other hand lacks something... romance really needs that phyical side... if you dont feel comfortable with someone phyically how can you be romanticly envolved?

But consider this... is seeing someone face to face any differnt from the internet? As we may only be a mental projection of ourselves and not really there....

Hello RocknRoll, I agree with you.......except that I do not think that romance needs the physical side.....oh yes it is better. Having a physical affirmation to one's feelings seals it into a lovely experience.. :) :heart:

As far as my name is concerned.....laughing....I am the opposite of war in nature which is comical why I would pick it.......Actually..... it was botecelli's venus that popped into mind.... and....when seeing my therapist the first time....he asked me.....now what would you like me to call you....I blurted out Gi! Because I always loved the name Gigi. My therapist almost giggled....I heard it in his voice. Apparently among the transgendered we have a tendency to pick absurd names......Mine sort of grew on me..... A wonderful friend suggested Gianna.....I loved it.

Gi :rose:

trent0553 said:
Howdy Gi

Hello Trent(((((Hugs))))
I am agreeable today. I have had meaningful relationships on the internet but they do not last to my experience so far....sigh! the distance thing usually tears it apart. Thank you for your posting. It certainly covers the breadth of my experience on the internet.

Hello everyone, as you can see from the sig lines that things are different for me.
I do not anticipate things being too different other than my tendency to be more demonstrative in affections and less formal in style. I realize that some people may be uncomfortable with "Gi" at first but I promise a little restraint when in doubt.... :heart: Of course I have a love for all who have made this thread what it is and I hope all still visit on a regular basis. :kiss:

It was the search of self that led me down this particular road. On lit I am now being open about it as in real life I must be less obvious because of those around me. Please feel free to PM me if you like. :)
Grinning I am changing in real life too just a little slower....
Love you,

RocknRoll said:
Hello My friend,:)
I think sometimes that we may see a more accurate projection of self online depending on the individual.....because we do not reveal all in real life as well. I think the distractions of real life can color and distort our perceptions with our biases and preconceptions.....when it is laid out in print...it allows a more analytical approach, actions and words can be assessed more accurately and with leisure, this is all contigent on the honesty projected by the individual of course.

chirp....chirp......chirp..... :) I like the sound of crickets....cycadids on the other hand.....make my skin crawl sometimes...

Gi,

I thought I would put some of my thoughts and words down for you.
I think it is brave of you to come forward with a public acknowledgement of the changes in your life. Many people never make the move to change their lives to correspond to the way they see themselves. These changes can be minor or extremely major, as is yours.
I know that Gianna and John Roberts are really the same person, and always were. Two sides of the same coin, so to speak.
I wish you the best in continuing your life changes, working toward your life being the best you can have and mentally fulfilling. Being a true person is so very important.
I also admire your concern for those around you, both physically and in the cyber world.
Being determined to succeed in your changes, but without causing excess pain or harm to others is both admirable and honorable. Your concern for those around you is both decent and heartwarming.
Please continue to visit the forums and share your thoughts and beauty with us.
Being able to call you 'friend' is an honor.

:rose:

RocknRoll said:

In theory ... coming face to face is the same as seeing from the internet. In practice ... yes it is different. Because of the 'wall' or distance the internet provides people in general feel more free to be who & what they want. Because of the anonymity the internet provides we can do things we would not consider doing face to face ... cybering on the first meeting comes to mind. There are fewer reprecussions on the internet ... a person can just disappear if they screw up. In a face to face situation, it's more difficult to disappear (not that it can't be done) and societal rules apply. Sorry Rock ... I have to answer in terms I understand ...

But ... I have a question for you ... how can you be a mental projection of yourself if you are not really there? Doesn't the 'mental projection' necessarily imply a physical being? Dang it! I just had a minds-eye glimpse of the other side of this but lost it. Oh well!

Gi_Venus said:
Hello everyone, as you can see from the sig lines that things are different for me.
I do not anticipate things being too different other than my tendency to be more demonstrative in affections and less formal in style. I realize that some people may be uncomfortable with "Gi" at first but I promise a little restraint when in doubt.... :heart: Of course I have a love for all who have made this thread what it is and I hope all still visit on a regular basis. :kiss:

It was the search of self that led me down this particular road. On lit I am now being open about it as in real life I must be less obvious because of those around me. Please feel free to PM me if you like. :)
Grinning I am changing in real life too just a little slower....
Love you,

{{{Gi}}} I'm glad you are comfortable enough to be so open about the changes in your life. I hope things go well for you. Good luck!

Gypsybyrd said:

{{{Gi}}} I'm glad you are comfortable enough to be so open about the changes in your life. I hope things go well for you. Good luck!
((((Gypsybyrd)))) Thank you so much. :heart:
Laughing...it is more a matter of being uncomfortable being duplicitous. John Roberts lacked my full depth of character at least my feminine side. I found flirting with myself creepy. I have been guilty of narcissism in my youth. In fact probably a leading cause of my youthful loneliness, I did not know how to share or be interested in someone elses life when I was so embroiled in my struggles with self...
laughing I can still be distracted....rolling my eyes....but at least I am aware of this flaw and can compensate. I have always had an empathic ability when I remember to focus on others......smiling.....I chase too many personal butterflies sometimes.....little patches of light....where will they go? Lets see!....oooo....making a sheepish face.....did I forget your birthday? The tragedy is I do care....laughing.

trent0553 said:
Gi,

I thought I would put some of my thoughts and words down for you.
I think it is brave of you to come forward with a public acknowledgement of the changes in your life. Many people never make the move to change their lives to correspond to the way they see themselves. These changes can be minor or extremely major, as is yours.
I know that Gianna and John Roberts are really the same person, and always were. Two sides of the same coin, so to speak.
I wish you the best in continuing your life changes, working toward your life being the best you can have and mentally fulfilling. Being a true person is so very important.
I also admire your concern for those around you, both physically and in the cyber world.
Being determined to succeed in your changes, but without causing excess pain or harm to others is both admirable and honorable. Your concern for those around you is both decent and heartwarming.
Please continue to visit the forums and share your thoughts and beauty with us.
Being able to call you 'friend' is an honor.

:rose:

Thank you Trent ((((Trent)))) :heart: :kiss:
Smiling.... your words are kind and reassuring in my doubting, nervous world.
I do like visualize, to picture myself in a beautiful place all of a cognitive nature, meaning that to have the perception is to make it a reality......smiling....This thread has been nuturing to me, it has allowed me to dream, and to share dreams....I have so enjoyed the flow of people with their thoughts. All of a wonderful nature. :) It is an honor to call you my friend as well. :kiss:

Giannna :rose:

Hello everyone. :) It is interesting how life interfers with our intent. Promises made and broken do to changing events or just thwarted generosity. Teetering on the edge and lacking the strength to extend a hand knowing in your heart that you want to but you fear you may get swallowed in another's darkness as a cloud threatens your own Psyche. How to resolve such things? Is it selfish to nurture self? Or is it possible to nurture self and others at the same time? Is it a moral issue if it is survival at stake?

Simple really... morality is a non-thing... as it is always chaning and/or being reajusted...

Even the so called "deontological" ethics get changed or have clauses placed into them (certainly the Christian ones)

Same with the concept of selfishness and such concepts... so forget about it, have a beer and just do what you have to do...

RocknRoll said:
Simple really... morality is a non-thing... as it is always chaning and/or being reajusted...

Even the so called "deontological" ethics get changed or have clauses placed into them (certainly the Christian ones)

Same with the concept of selfishness and such concepts... so forget about it, have a beer and just do what you have to do...

laughing.....yes and if we all do it what will happen? Hi RnR:)
Without some kind of moral code does it not fall apart? Do we not use a code to interact with each other? Grinning.... a beer does sound good.

Gi_Venus said:
laughing.....yes and if we all do it what will happen? Hi RnR:)
Without some kind of moral code does it not fall apart? Do we not use a code to interact with each other? Grinning.... a beer does sound good.

What would happen... we would create an anartic situation and socity would have to form a set of tools to control various rouge elements and protect themsleves thus creating a moral system....

it just goes around and around... so this is why alcohol is very good :)

RocknRoll said:
What would happen... we would create an anartic situation and socity would have to form a set of tools to control various rouge elements and protect themsleves thus creating a moral system....

it just goes around and around... so this is why alcohol is very good :)

Hello my fine friend
eeww......alcohol does that to me, I have not been able to drink heavily in a long time. It is okay....smiling...I do not like worshipping the porcelain god anyway. So you are saying alcohol is the font of civilization? Hmm..I have never followed that logic before, certainly gives me inspiration to support the alcohol industry...laughing...
and here I have been reticent in giving money to the bums at the stop lights. I could be eroding the fabric of society giving the slight nudge sending us to the oblivion of anarchy. Actually I do not have extra money to give to them so don't blame me for the dissolution of all that we see!

Oh... :heart: :heart: Hello everyone((((Hug!))))

Lying in my dental Hygienists chair today staring at Claude Monet's Bridge and Water Lillies tacked to the ceiling, it was nice. I usually get pretty tense within a dentists office, in a panic state.....drills and needles....eek! Today I knew that I was not to be drilled on, however I was informed that two of my old fillings had gone bad.
Looking around I saw happy photos placed around the room as if in an offering to a joyful life....all were full of happy beaming faces......I wanted their happiness...smiling.... strange that memories are full of frowns suppressing happy imprints with their nasty dispositions. Now I would be interested in strategies to revive such happy memories.... Anyone have them out there? :)

Last edited:
Face to the sky, feeling cold raindrops on my skin. A drop clings to my eyelash before wetting my eye. When was the last time I have done such a thing?
Delicious chilling rain, contrasting the heat of summer. Laughing...***** is like that, we forget we are in it and we forget to enjoy it. Usually I am like a cat, running to shelter to avoid the downpour...another metaphor for life... :)
Have a nice day everyone :heart:

Gi_Venus said:
Face to the sky, feeling cold raindrops on my skin. A drop clings to my eyelash before wetting my eye. When was the last time I have done such a thing?
Delicious chilling rain, contrasting the heat of summer. Laughing...***** is like that, we forget we are in it and we forget to enjoy it. Usually I am like a cat, running to shelter to avoid the downpour...another metaphor for life... :)
Have a nice day everyone :heart:

Gi!!!

<hugs you tightly> To feel your smile means more than you can know. :kiss:

whspr said:
Gi!!!

<hugs you tightly> To feel your smile means more than you can know. :kiss:

<Big warm hug with tears in my eyes> :heart: :heart: Always it shines on you my wonderful friend. :kiss: I am so glad you came by it makes me very happy. :)

Gi:rose:

Dappled Light, the Claude Monet has stuck in my head. I have been looking at trees lately, all the rains have given them a rich luxourious green, in the sunlight it glows with green fire. The individual leaves seem as if they were brushed by some artist obsessed with the display of life, hot points of verdant light accented by the shades. Life unleashed by fresh growth :heart:

Good morning and well met Gianna

May your philosophical musings take you far and wide today.
Enjoy the delights in contemplative thoughts. :)

{{Gi}}

Changes In Latitude, Changes In Attitude

John Roberts has retired.....grinning...I have taken over now....my apologies to any who feel betrayed. Gianna is my geniune personality which encompasses John...smiling... just an attempt to be myself. John was an evolution to that.

G'day philosophical Litizens!
CHANGE IS GOOD!
I see the change which has taken place here and my heartfelt congrats go out to Gi and the posters here for their support and acceptance.
We all must go thru change to learn the lessons in life which are ours to learn.

I return to this thread changed too, although my change is less obvious, I have been changed to the core of my soul due the death of a loved one. The loss has enlightened me to what is truth (my truth) in life and what I need to do to continue to grow.

Gi, on the other hand has allowed others to see the soul who lies behind the musings and emotions of the former JR. Friends, that takes real courage! I am awed and inspired by Gi's courage! Thanks to you, my Floridillyan friend, for helping me along my pathway by being who you are. ((((Gi))))
My gratitude to all who post here and make this a friendly forum to visit.
May inner-peace be yours today and every day!
Nameste my like minded soul friends. :rose:

~kym~ continuing my soul's journey :)

Back