Karaoke Story Event - Official Support Thread

Not sure Roxanne is about a cheating wife, but the guy really didn't want her selling herself. Don't take me serious, I'm just messing with you.

No worries. Roxanne is about someone who has fallen in love with a prostitute, and he wants her to stop being one. It would be a very good choice for this event. It could be a heart-wrenching romance, where this man has to help her deal with whatever trauma or loss, or circumstance, has led her to this unfortunate situation. He'd have to battle her own scarred self-image and self-confidence issues she might have. It's not my cup of tea, but I bet it is, someones. Maybe at the same time, heal some of his own emotional wounds.

I loved you since I knew you
I wouldn't talk down to you
I have to tell you just how I feel
I won't share you with another boy

“At Last” would be a good song for a Romance story. If I were participating in this contest (not saying I will yet), that would be my first pick. Naturally per my usual style I’d base the characters on celebrities, maybe change a few names… keep the action simple and minimal… hmm. Ok, maybe I will be part of this contest with that song. I’ll let the admins know.

It's an Event not a contest.
“At Last” would be a good song for a Romance story. If I were participating in this contest (not saying I will yet), that would be my first pick. Naturally per my usual style I’d base the characters on celebrities, maybe change a few names… keep the action simple and minimal… hmm. Ok, maybe I will be part of this contest with that song. I’ll let the admins know.

Ok. I have made my decision. I probably won’t be participating in this event. My real life is too full of other priorities. I also have too much respect for my lead character to depict her real lasting relationship that I support in a fanfic. It’s just too much for me. But if someone else wants to use the song I mentioned, feel free.

I've got a couple of ideas, but I'll have to do some thinking about which songs would work best. Do we have to nominate a song now?

Somebody do Crazy Frog.

View attachment 2255743

Full chaos mode.
Ring ding ding daa baa
Baa aramba baa bom baa barooumba
Wh-wha-what's going on-on?
Ding, ding
This is the Crazy Frog
Ding, ding
Bem, bem!
Ring ding ding ding ding ding
Ring ding ding ding bem bem bem
Ring ding ding ding baa baa
Ring ding ding ding bem bem bem
This is the Crazy Frog
Breakdown!
Ding, ding
Br-br-break it, br-break it
Dum dum dumda dum dum dum
Bem, bem!
This is the Crazy Frog

Pure poetry, I tell you. Brings tears to my eyes! 😢

Just so I'm clear, the song title does or does not, have to be in my story title?
I read it as yes, it must.

Problematic as some song titles don't lend themselves to their better known content.

That and being boxed in on titling feels a bit suffocating (though I see the other side which is likely ease of locating the song/universality for the readers)

Just so I'm clear, the song title does or does not, have to be in my story title?
To be clear, your song title is your story title, to differentiate from your use of the word 'in', suggesting that if your song was 'Closer' by Nine Inch Nails your story could be called 'Hiw I drew closer to my hot cheerleader neighbour'. No, that's not the idea.

To be clear, your song title is your story title, to differentiate from your use of the word 'in', suggesting that if your song was 'Closer' by Nine Inch Nails your story could be called 'Hiw I drew closer to my hot cheerleader neighbour'. No, that's not the idea.

As much as I hate to sound like some artist prima donna, Your Love is a pretty damn dull title. Especially for a cheating wife LW story. I'm gonna have to think about this for a while.

I've got a couple of ideas, but I'll have to do some thinking about which songs would work best. Do we have to nominate a song now?
Technically, anytime between now and Oct 8th - so you have ages.

Depends if you want to pin your song of choice to the list in the hope that no one else chooses it (they still might, of course, but less likely).

Last edited:
Hey, as long as we're discussing Music and accompanying stories, I have a song and accompanying idea that cracks me up everytime I think of it.

Most of us have heard the song "Cat Scratch Fever"

I absolutely crack up when I imagine that the singer intended no sexual undertones in the song

The singer just actually loves petting real life cats. Sometimes they scratch him, and he gets sick. But he can't stop. Particularly I laugh at:
Well I make a pussy purr
With the stroke of my hand
They know they're gettin' it from me
And they know just where to go
When they need their lovin' man
They know I'm doin' it for free

Actual cats know where to go for pets.gettyimages-521205934-2000-e3f14a22ff6340a5aeb6d21f0c13c06f.jpg

Last edited:
Back