Is Trump fit for a second term?

dmallord

Humble Hobbit
Qualifications for the Presidency are light in the Constitution. On character, there are none at all. Trump met them the first time he ran. It appears uncertain whether he exhibits the traits that mark a good presidency the second time, although his MAGA crowd cheers for him. Is he really 'that' well qualified to run again? Your thoughts?

My first thoughts on Trump's abilities are garnered from his niece's book Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World's Most Dangerous Man.

"Donald's pathologies are so complex and his behaviors so often inexplicable that coming up with an accurate and comprehensive diagnosis would require a full battery of psychological and neuropsychological tests that he'll never sit for."
CBS asked two other experts about Trump. Both concurred with the author's assessment. This is what one who agrees with Dr. Mary Trump's diagnosis said:"

Miller: "[On narcissism] I agree entirely. 'Prototypical' doesn't describe the degree to which [Trump] meets the criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Many of us who study it say that if we [described a character like his in a paper] other peer reviewers would say, 'You've made up too cartoonish of a case.' They wouldn't believe it would be possible. That's how incredibly well he fits those symptoms. I've viewed Donald Trump as an example of narcissism going back 15 years. Long before he was running for president, long before he was associated with the Republican Party. Literally, going back into the mid-2000s … at academic talks he was one of the pictures I would put up. This is hardly new.… Narcissism is associated with aggression, in general, and specifically under an ego-threat. When someone has criticized you, we're going to see lashing out.… An inability to accept blame — it's always someone else's fault.… To not admit one's mistakes ...that inability to admit that one has ever been wrong is a really huge problem…. I agree that we should not be distracted by his narcissism from his psychopathy…. Search for the criteria for psychopathy. Look at traits and behaviours in the psychopathy checklist written by Hare. Grapple with how many would he not fit there. And psychopathy is associated much more strongly than narcissism with behaviours that are particularly scary.… It's the callousness, irresponsibility, impulse-control problems, lack of remorse or shame."

He has no buisness running again, regardless of his qualifications- or his personality. His first term was a disaster both domestically and in terms of foreign policy, but beyond that- anyone who spearheads a violent insurrection attempting to overturn the results of a democratic election belongs in prison, not the White House.

He has no buisness running again, regardless of his qualifications- or his personality. His first term was a disaster both domestically and in terms of foreign policy, but beyond that- anyone who spearheads a violent insurrection attempting to overturn the results of a democratic election belongs in prison, not the White House.
Right. People aren't seeing that aside from what a slimy toad he is as a "man," his term in office was disastrous for the American people.

Last edited:
Qualifications for the Presidency are light in the Constitution. On character, there are none at all. Trump met them the first time he ran. It appears uncertain whether he exhibits the traits that mark a good presidency the second time, although his MAGA crowd cheers for him. Is he really 'that' well qualified to run again? Your thoughts?
My thought is both parties are in sad shape. The best the GOP can come up with-or who their voters want-is a guy who has spent the last year in court with countless indictments and to say he's divisive is an understatement. Yet all his opponents are being demonized and its obvious he's going to be the nominee.

On the other side Biden is already pushing 80, he has cognitive issues, a border crisis never seen before, a horrible economy in which working class people can barely afford to eat, and is an overall mess, and his VP is a joke even in her own party.

Yet...they can't come up with anyone better, and like the GOP, the left attacks anyone who wants to supplant Biden.

This is the third straight election with garbage candidates and America losing no matter who wins.

Yay us.

My thought is both parties are in sad shape. The best the GOP can come up with-or who their voters want-is a guy who has spent the last year in court with countless indictments and to say he's divisive is an understatement. Yet all his opponents are being demonized and its obvious he's going to be the nominee.

On the other side Biden is already pushing 80, he has cognitive issues, a border crisis never seen before, a horrible economy in which working class people can barely afford to eat, and is an overall mess, and his VP is a joke even in her own party.

Yet...they can't come up with anyone better, and like the GOP, the left attacks anyone who wants to supplant Biden.

This is the third straight election with garbage candidates and America losing no matter who wins.

Yay us.
IMG_0454.jpeg

Lightyears more qualified than Joe Biden.

Had republican oppo research shown that Clinton raped then it would have been used against him and prevented people of all political stripes to vote against him. It would have made him unfit to serve as president as is trump now.

Let's get back on track, folks. This thread is about Truman's sp. Trump's fitness to run for a second term. He isn't running against Clinton. Let's leave comparisons to those who are currently running for office.

Last edited:
Let's get back on track, folks. This thread is about Truman's fitness to run for a second term. He isn't running against Clinton. Let's leave comparisons to those who are currently running for office.
Lol.
I thought I circled it back around to trump being unfit. But, look, let’s be honest here - we KNOW the answer.
I will now patiently wait for his supporters to dispute.

Crickets.

Trump wasn't really qualified for the first term much less a second.

In 2016 that was a virtue but he hadn't learned how to do the job after having it for 4 years. So, in 2020 and now in 2024 he's at a disadvantage in that regard.

So far, I count one false equivalence and another claiming - Clinton did it so therefore that makes it ok. If someone next mentions Sleepy Joe my punchcard says I get a free sub.

So far, I count one false equivalence and another claiming - Clinton did it so therefore that makes it ok. If someone next mentions Sleepy Joe my punchcard says I get a free sub.

They promised you a sub? All I got is a coupon that says if I buy 4 subs i get 5th one free. WTH am I gonna do with that many sandwiches?

Back