Full Fashioned Nylons - Why don't women wear them anymore?

Yep. I think it's safe to say when I guy buys a girl clothing or jewelry, it's what they want the woman to wear.
So you don’t ever buy gifts with the receiver of the gift in mind?

What a strange thing to admit to.

So you don’t ever buy gifts with the receiver of the gift in mind?

What a strange thing to admit to.
Like it or not, most people give gifts (like Chirstmas) that they want, thinking that the other person wants the same things. It's fairly natural. I'm sure you've done it and didn't realize it.

I love wearing tights but they're usually lace or fishnet of some kind. When I was younger I did wear them. I don't know why people stopped wearing them though. Most of the time I usually see women wearing high stockings.
You said "when I was younger I did wear them." Why did you stop?

I myself use to love wearing nylons or some times stocking but I had two issues. One, when wearing nylons, the damn things get snagged then you have a run which is embarrassing. And then find yourself in a situation where you didn't bring an emergency spare and in my case I never wear underwear with mine. So I either deal with the run, hope and pray that it doesn't become bigger or remove them and walk around with nothing on underneath, which in my line of work becomes a problem, (bartender/waitress) which leads to the stocking issue. Do you know how many hands try and roam up a thigh when your wearing a dress or skirt. Yeah a few, especially working in a bar around drunks lol.
Yea, I could see wearing FF stockings while working as a bartender/waitress would be difficult. Especially if guys are running their hands up your legs and probably cause the snags. In your case, I'd think the lycra ones would be better. I'm curious however, did you wear them because you enjoyed the reaction you got from guys, or you enjoyed the feel (or I guess both).

Yea, I could see wearing FF stockings while working as a bartender/waitress would be difficult. Especially if guys are running their hands up your legs and probably cause the snags. In your case, I'd think the lycra ones would be better. I'm curious however, did you wear them because you enjoyed the reaction you got from guys, or you enjoyed the feel (or I guess both).
It was for myself, I use to love wearing dresses, made me feel pretty, sexy, feel good about myself and the nylons were just part of the outfit. I've never thought about how a man reacts when seeing a woman in nylons/stockings until recently. I guess the guys I dated weren't very expressive with complements.

It was for myself, I use to love wearing dresses, made me feel pretty, sexy, feel good about myself and the nylons were just part of the outfit. I've never thought about how a man reacts when seeing a woman in nylons/stockings until recently. I guess the guys I dated weren't very expressive with complements.
That is such a shame, dressing up sexy like that and not getting the compliments you deserve. But trust me, they loved every second of how you dressed and looked. I don't even need to see you to know you looked incredibly hot dressed like that.

Like previous replies, I love wearing tights and a lot of men like me to wear them, especially if I don't wear knickers with them.

Like previous replies, I love wearing tights and a lot of men like me to wear them, especially if I don't wear knickers with them.
Sometimes the English words are different from American words. When you say "tights" do you mean sheer pantyhose, or do you mean tights like you'd wear when exercising? Pantyhose under a short dress is sexy, but the problem is lack of easy access (if you get my drift) ;)

Sometimes the English words are different from American words. When you say "tights" do you mean sheer pantyhose, or do you mean tights like you'd wear when exercising? Pantyhose under a short dress is sexy, but the problem is lack of easy access (if you get my drift) ;)
Lol, yeah for the perv that likes to get a quick peak or cope a quick feel. Gotta love the pervs, they make life so entertaining. ;) :ROFLMAO:

I'm from the UK and the list below is what I understand the definitions for various types of nylons are.

Sheer & nude tights in the UK are called pantyhose in the US.
Opaque & semi-opaque tights in the UK are called tights in the US as are various skin-tight sportswear.
Suspender belts in the UK are called garter belts in the US.
Stockings that require garters or a garter/suspender belt to stay up are called stockings in both the UK & US.
Stockings that stay up by themselves are called hold-ups in the UK and thigh-highs in the US.

Is this correct?

If it’s colder outside sure but nylons have been out of fashion for a long time now. I don’t think I have worn them more than a dozen times in 20 years

Because most women don’t
Care that much for the person they love or they would wear them for him or her
Or is that that most men don’t care that much for their partner and want her to wear something she isn’t comfortable in for his entertainment?

Why would you want your partner to wear something they don’t like? Don’t they matter enough to you?

Last edited:
Back