Does anyone use A.I. images to help visualize characters?

That's not a bad idea.

For years I drew inspiration (still do) from erotic pictures I see on twitter and elsewhere.

I remember one time years ago I went to a book signing and the person said that some authors pick a celebrity and then go through google images of that person to help get ideas for descriptions. Great idea, I've never done that though.

That's not a bad idea.

For years I drew inspiration (still do) from erotic pictures I see on twitter and elsewhere.

I remember one time years ago I went to a book signing and the person said that some authors pick a celebrity and then go through google images of that person to help get ideas for descriptions. Great idea, I've never done that though.
I do that all the time, finding photos to give me a mind's eye image of a character as I write. It works, too. Someone commented that my portrayal of my Ruby character made them picture Monica Bellushi as they read. And guess what - one of my "Ruby" pictures was Monica Bellushi.

Another time, I asked someone who knows my work very well to find a photo matching how they saw one of my characters. I was astonished, it could have been a photo of the woman I was writing about. That impressed me, that words can conjure up such a close picture of a character.

I do that all the time, finding photos to give me a mind's eye image of a character as I write. It works, too. Someone commented that my portrayal of my Ruby character made them picture Monica Bellushi as they read. And guess what - one of my "Ruby" pictures was Monica Bellushi.

Another time, I asked someone who knows my work very well to find a photo matching how they saw one of my characters. I was astonished, it could have been a photo of the woman I was writing about. That impressed me, that words can conjure up such a close picture of a character.
I try not to imagine or use anyone that is famous. I get their image stuck in my head and the character that I am writing about. That is just me though.

Back