Comments That Make Your Day

Everyone is always so kind with their comments that they always make my day, but today, this one stood out (maybe it was just the mood I was in and needed a lift). I published a trilogy of very short (1,000-word) vignettes that I was really on the fence about.
Part 1: Faith, Part 2: Hope, and Part 3: Love

Most importantly (and nervously), I was publishing them in the "Non-Erotic" category on a site named after EROTIC literature.

@AlexFourways had this to say: "I have read 10,000 word stories here that by contrast were less erotic per 1,000 words than you achieved in this work, especially the last few sentences of this last part."

But like I said, so many readers have made my day with their comments!!

My first posted story in three months, and this began my first comment:
...and he's back and it's glorious. A wonderful start to one of your glorious ridiculous adventures.
I cannot tell you how gratifying Wrexcar's, one of my most frequent commenters, immediate response was. Positive, sure. But nice to know I was missed!

On my story Deep Fire:
Strong writing. Good development toward the boss's goal and a nice twisted--and logical--ending, if the reader wants to see where this could go.
Coming from one of the biggest authors on the website, that means a lot. Thank you for the compliment.

A simple "I loved it!" on my latest story made me feel all warm and fuzzy. It's a great feeling, to be reminded that there are indeed people that enjoy my silly smutty stories.

Despite plenty of reads, comments favorites and even votes on my stories have been non-existent for months... to the point I've been considering just writing for Smashwords and elsewhere. I mean, why bother posting on Lit if readers won't even take the time to click a rating star?

Then yesterday I get this (links added):

Several years ago I read the All for You 3 part series, I found it again in the past week and re-read it and was really impressed with the writting which prompted me to read the On the Side and Warmer by the Lake series, all were fantastic stories so I went ahead and read everything else the the writer has published, all truly fablous. I even teared up to the Eight Dates with the Dead and Recall stories. Very refreshing to find a writer here that can give great sex wrapped in loveing, trusting and caring characters, cant wait for more from SyleusSnow.

Sadly, posted as Anonymous so I can't thank them personally, but wow. Almost makes up for the lack of feedback. Almost.

I got this one the other day, which kind of freaked me out:

"Today, this story helped me realize my sometimes-crippling anxiety disorder is mostly from the exhaustion of performing neurotypical, and failing so often. Thank you, so much, for this story; it has literally changed my life."

I mean... wow. But also, I'm not sure I can deal with that level of responsibility. I'm not writing stories to change people's lives! Wish it wasn't Anonymous so that I could message them and check they are ok.

This is why I want threaded comments. I want flame wars in my comment feed.

Seriously.

This particular commenter does, indeed, return looking for replies. So Melissa might get a flame war, whether she instigates it or not.

This particular commenter does, indeed, return looking for replies. So Melissa might get a flame war, whether she instigates it or not.

I've got no dog in the hunt, really, since the dispute doesn't actually have anything to do with my story, so if it does, I'll give a link and make some popcorn.

I've had thoughtful and constructive feedback from Commentarista on several of my stories, so I'm inclined to have a more favourable view of them.

But I saw a post from them in a thread somewhere mentioning that high school was only a few years ago. That makes me think they're in the stage of their life where they know a little and think they know everything.

'Did you die or just deep down on some dude? I hope you’re doing OK."
This shit just makes me laugh..my homies know me so well

"WOO HOO!!
MY GIGANTIC WHITE BOY PENISES HAS WON THE DAY!!
HAS PROVEN MY SUPERIOR ALCOHOLISM!!_
(doin the happy superior penis dance)
😁😁😁😁
Again my ppl crack my shit up and make me laugh

Mischief managed... I warn the readers up front to grab a box of tissues...

You weren't lying when you said that we should prepare to cry.. I did and for 2hrs straight after the story ended. So beautiful, such a wonderful story of love and acceptance. I love your works so much. I am still on my journey through your catalog, reading them alphabetically. Please keep writing, you are amazing! <3

--Living up to the Legacy

I've had thoughtful and constructive feedback from Commentarista on several of my stories, so I'm inclined to have a more favourable view of them.
Same. Here's one of their comments on one of my stories: "You included different images that packed big punches in very short segments for the greatest effect I can imagine." I was flattered. 😊

I think commentarista must watch this forum, because I just got a long English 101 dissertation on my April fool's entry.

I will say, it looks like constructive criticism, right or wrong.

I think commentarista must watch this forum, because I just got a long English 101 dissertation on my April fool's entry.

I will say, it looks like constructive criticism, right or wrong.
He is certainly capable of thoughtful, insightful criticism. He also nitpicks over minor details to an almost obsessive degree, likes to call out anachronisms or other errors, but is frequently wrong about them, corrects grammar in dialogue and apparently has an issue with stories about lesbians. All in a lecturing tone as if he is explaining the author's own story to them.

Back