Comments That Make Your Day

Thank you for cracking my shit up, for filling my head with dark desires, for draining the shit out of me and giving me such erotic dreams, my dark, twisted, hyper-sexual bitch!
Smile

Had a lovely DM from someone who has been following my stories the last week and it’s so pleasing to have provided a bit of enjoyment as a writer.

I am learning loads from reading other stories on here and I know I have a lot to do to improve my craft but it’s just so nice to get the odd compliment about the enjoyment of one’s work, however incomplete and raw the writing might be.

I think there are three categories of comments.
1. Those from the 'Anonymous' readers. Good and not so good.
2. Those from readers that have a posted name, but have not published any stories based on their bio.
3. Those from fellow authors, which i have to say are pretty much always positive and heartfelt.

It is the comments from those of you, on this forum, and fellow authors that make my day. Thanks to all

On my 750 word story Bill, We Need to Talk I received many very nice comments which almost made up for the lower score. It was an unusual story and, of course, only 750 words, both of which probably helped pull down the scores.

1) “You earned the last two stars in the last couple of sentences. Up till then, it was 3 stars. But your literary output twist cinched it. The surprise ending was very well done.”

2) “Well, what a surprise ending for me. I have read many stories starting like the beginning of this, very clever and very good. 5”

3) “I strive to find twists and neat endings to my stories - I wish I'd thought of this. Very clever; I loved it. Five stars.”

https://www.literotica.com/s/bill-we-need-to-talk-750-words?comments_after=15846375

This absolutely made my day:

"Last night I read The Third Date and Love is a Place: The Puzzle, finishing at 3 am with the gut-wrenching cliffhanger of Samantha's reaction to Sarah's words. When I woke up at 8 am my first thought was that poor Samantha had been suffering for 5 hours with no reprieve!

Invested, much?

This story is so imaginative and well conceived. The writing is clear and evocative. Samantha's idiosyncratic thought process is unique and endearing. Dialog flows well and sounds natural, including the unique way that Samantha expresses herself.

The phrase 'instant classic' is overused to the point of almost being meaningless, but in my opinion TBHGato has swiftly risen to join the best authors of the genre. They need not be named here, simply refer to the reading list given to Samantha as well as Priya in The Third Date.

FFF - five stars, favorite, following."

The fact that they'd been motivated by one of my stories to go and read the rest made me all warm inside.

I also came across this gem of a comment on a story by @MelissaBaby recently, which made me smile (useful, as I was already crying):

"I'm not crying, you're crying!"

I got the following Anonymous comment on my story "Pavlov's Dog - 750 Words":

Checked "Like It", but I didn't. The quality of the writing and the succinctness of the psychological playing out of the Pavlovian theme garner my respect--but my reaction to the plot is overwhelmingly negative, which is all a good writer can ask for, right? You generated authentic repulsion, so kudos on that.
Keep writing.
MLJ

I mean you are the coolest girl I know if I didn’t know better I think you had a dick sometimes lol... Probably best compliment I've gotten al day

Back