Comments That Make Your Day

I think I might be spoiled from posting in other categories, and now I'm not used to the low rate of commenting in SF/F anymore. But this morning I got this on The Dome 01: Out Into the Wasteland.

@ThatNewGuy wrote,
Terrific first chapter. Great world building, engaging characters, and intriguing questions that set up future chapters. All this combined with confident writing that keeps the tempo moving at a brisk pace while still making room for some lovely grace notes.
Thanks, really pleased that you enjoyed it!

I love this pervert!
theMasterBaiter4 days ago
Very very good. Of course, because I'm a dirty old man, I want her to ask him if her girlfriend can join, or if the two of them can lick each other's clits without him sometimes. And because I'm bi I want the redheaded witch to turn a femboi and have some man on "man" action once in a while along with DPs and swaps and all that.

I love this pervert!
ab9.png

I really find a few things strange about Happy Birthday, Darling. It has only had 12 likes, 38 votes, 9722 reads, a 4.58 rating, and two comments since it was published on 8/20/23.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 133115.png

I really appreciate the score, the likes, and the comments. But what I wish, because I'm selfish, there were more of all of them. LOL

Last edited:
I really find a few things strange about Happy Birthday, Darling. It has only had 12 likes, 38 votes, 9722 reads, a 4.58 rating, and two comments since it was published on 8/20/23.

View attachment 2326726

I really appreciate the score, the likes, and the comments. But what I wish, because I'm selfish, is there were more of all of them. LOL
Occasionally someone will vote and comment on one of my older stories that were submitted long before you were old enough to read them. I don't know why that happens, then the stories go back into hibernation.

Well, I read a lot of shit before I was old enough to read it!!!!
Occasionally someone will vote and comment on one of my older stories that were submitted long before you were old enough to read them. I don't know why that happens, then the stories go back into hibernation.

I’ve had two lovely comments for my latest story, Peta the Brave:

Wittonabout 13 hours ago
I loved it! I don’t know why it hasn’t gotten a better response - lovely use of language …. I guess people want unambiguous endings - life ain’t like that
Anonymousabout 2 hours ago
" 'This is our goodbye sex,' Sam whispered". Not bloody likely! When Peta gets back and tells her story Austrocuck Hans will immediately issue an open invitation for Sam to visit at his convenience. In any case little Annika will be wanting a sibling soon. Well written for 5 stars.

Much appreciated and encouraging me to keep going in the style and story I am trying to put together. Many thanks.

It seems this reader expected a formula and spent an irretrievable hour of his life in my story hoping I'd eventually course-correct and give him that formula. I'm flattered by how much of a chance he gave me!

Anonymous about 3 hours ago
Wow this story sucked, no detailed sex scenes no romance, hes clumsy coward, and gets somone else? Yawn, so fcking boring man, the end is so anticlimatic

Anonymous about 3 hours ago
There was no vampiric interaction at all, why have her be a vampire in the first place, she could have just made it aal up and the story doesnt change one fcking bit, man what a waste of my hour i dont get back, jesus

I'm not sure what "vampiric interaction" means---blood drinking? On-scene fighting? Clan warfare? Vampires vs werewolves?

It seems this reader expected a formula and spent an irretrievable hour of his life in my story hoping I'd eventually course-correct and give him that formula. I'm flattered by how much of a chance he gave me!

I'm not sure what "vampiric interaction" means---blood drinking? On-scene fighting? Clan warfare? Vampires vs werewolves?
If Anon went on about giving her the Cain [sic], s/he (aw shit, why beat about the bush, obv a he) has been unobombing my stuff too.

Personally, I liked the idea of a lonely vampire in the modern world, as you know from what's coming up.

On Too Late Not to Fuck:
What a fabulous story! So well thought out but certainly it is completely fiction. No set of twins has ever experienced this amazing adventure in real life. It certainly had me flipping the forward arrow quicker as the story progressed. Thank you for allowing us all to COME along as the story, I hope, continues.
Thank you, anonymous reader! And good news: the adventure continues in just a few hours!

Here's a story told in three comments.

On Too Cold Not to Fuck:
Promising.
On Too Early Not to Fuck:
The best so far, descriptions, discriptions, discriptions.
On Too Late Not to Fuck:
Oh My ! ! !
Thanks, @Klitomatic, glad you enjoyed the ride!

And from @FreyaGersemi on the latest instalment, A Fool Not to Fuck:
Ha! Loved the ending!! For anyone reading this, you'd be a fool not to read this story!! 5-stars!!
Thanks for reading and for the kind words!

Liked this one on the finale of my steampunk mystery/group sex trilogy, Crimson Clockwork

My first thought is that this is an excellent beginning to a series of stories. On the other hand, Lyneth seems determined that this will be her last adventure, and sometimes the most important thing a writer can know is when to stop. 5/5.

It's always great when readers hunger for more, but it's just as appreciated when people can respect the conclusion of an arc and recognize that some things are better off ending where they are, rather than trying to force a continuation for continuation's sake.

Nice comment this morning on:

Sir Peter Renton:
10 big blazing stars for writer for a hot hot hot story. I was so pissed at the slut wife but hubby hot the younger hotter rich daughter and ended up better off without his slut wife! She was a true whore all the way.

From @countdowntolov3 on Vampires Don't Wait Tables:

Really wonderful.

The amount of imaginative world building you packed in without distracting at all from the story is really great. Hong drinking tea to feel warm (to others), the gruesome nature of vamp-on-vamp violence, coins as souvenirs, orgasms being dangerous. All interesting and fun. And in each case you unfold them like little mysteries. Often authors are so eager to share their unique ideas with the reader that they forget it's fun to tease them. But when Hong says "do you want me to take a bath?" and we realize alongside the MC: of course, tea isn't her only option, bath makes so much sense; that's just such a fun time.

It goes on like this for over 300 words. I am blown away by the attention and care she has lavished upon my story. What a gift!

A bunch of new comments on A Fool Not to Fuck:

@Fatdog25 wrote:
I wound up getting so involved in the story that I completely forgot the April Fool's tag. The ending was definitely unexpected.

I really enjoyed this series. If your Muse permits, hopefully these three will be back occasionally. Thank you!
@Flamethrow added:
Ultra hot sex, heaps of fun had by all, and a delicious twist at the end. What’s not to love about this story?
While @lc69hunter simply
Loved it...
@AchtungNight wrote:
Did not enjoy the test, but I will accept that absence makes the heart grow fonder in some cases and things can be made more special with time. It's not the same as physical/emotional abuse- it was consensual and involved no lasting harm, the relationship did not end and no one was hurt by it.

Otherwise excellent story and very hot.

Several other commenters remarked on "the test", and in much stronger terms. As Sal puts it, the test was "To see if you were serious about us." The angry commenters all seem to ignore the second part, though: "And to show you not to be so full of yourself." Essentially, Big Brother was being a dick, and the girls made him realise what he stood to lose.

But I suppose it's on me if that didn't come across. That said, the story is doing pretty well, not just by itself but also in generating an extra 10k views for my other stories in one day. So presumably most readers liked it.

Two nice comments yesterday afternoon. And one comment showing on my dashboard yesterday morning that has never surfaced. He has commented frequently in the past without problem so I'm not sure why it doesn't show.

April Fool - No Longer:
Short but powerful.
Remember this is make-believe, so don't insult the author by complaining about flaws.

Cheatify The Bastard: (sequel to Cheatify The Bitch) A tongue-in-cheek fun pair of stories to write!

Hehe. Fear the tech! DT_Iverseon MCs usually have tech wizardry as well but have more restraint. Here it is unbridled devastation.

Laughed at the comment about the Demonically Possessed. So true. So many sheep being led what can at best be defined as a narcissistic false prophet. Sigh. 5 stars.

@Devinter commented on The Dome 01: Out Into the Wasteland:
Marvelous how each character came to life so vividly in a rather limited amount of words. Greater still that the world you've created does not only feel alive and unique, but realistic and believable. Hoping for a bit more backstory on Xero in chapter 2, as I feel like the Dome is incredibly central to the story - I mean, it's the namesake of the series! - but the insight we got into how life truly was on the inside was rather limited so far. Still, it's the juxtaposition of the wasteland that really captivated me the most. The way of life out there. The creatures. The tribes. So I hope you expand on that further before you move the action back inside of the sphere! Tons of potential here, and I'll be following this one closely, my friend! Thank you for uploading this.
Thanks! In future instalments we'll see life inside the Dome, from Xero's actual mother. I agree that it will work best if it contrasts starkly with life outside. No sex, for a start. :)

Love getting comments like this from @Lisanotsurea

Beautiful and heart warming story. I want to live in that reality. I only cried in 5 different spots, ha, but each time brought a warmth of love for our fellow inhabitants of this world. I needed this story today. Thank you so much for taking the time to put it to 'paper'. xo

Back