Comments That Make Your Day

He also nitpicks over minor details to an almost obsessive degree, likes to call out anachronisms or other errors, but is frequently wrong about them,
Yeah, this included long details going on about how the story could have been improved, all based on a fundamental misunderstanding of the premise and how it played into the twist at the end. That could be my fault, maybe I didn't communicate it well. But I think I did. A story like the kind done for April Fool's needs to sometimes have subtle implications without giving away too much. It can be a tricky balance.

There was also a factual point he was wrong about but made a whole long paragraph about. And I know that that one was very explicitly described in the story.

But that aside, it was at least constructive and not insulting. Hey, @Comentarista82, if you're lurking here, the thread has some advice you could use to make your comments more valuable. It's a conversation, not a lecture. You could be a great boon to writers if you had a better bedside manner.

I feel completely left out. Never got a comment from commentarista...
I suppose I'll just have to enjoy it vicariously :LOL:

I received a private message with a thank you from someone here—you know who you are—that was greatly appreciated. It put a smile on my face and made my day. Thank you, too.

Last edited:
I've had thoughtful and constructive feedback from Commentarista on several of my stories, so I'm inclined to have a more favourable view of them.

But I saw a post from them in a thread somewhere mentioning that high school was only a few years ago. That makes me think they're in the stage of their life where they know a little and think they know everything.
That can apply to so many stages of life, though. I would think that stage ends once you get your first job and encounter how the real world works, but it can begin again once you've settled in life. For others, it never even ends!

Got these on one of my 750-word stories. Darkened Passions: a 750-Word Story. There were other kind and not-so-kind comments before. I hit a neve with her getting knocked up.

Screenshot 2024-03-20 143738.png

outstanding

by Anonymous user on 02/12/2024
It is fascinating to experience the developing relationship between the main characters in the sixth chapter of this outstanding and heartwarming story. The writing is excellent, and the author proves that the romantic and the erotic are not mutually exclusive. This is perhaps the best chapter yet in the story. Five stars

This was for Suburban Sweetheart Ch6 a story series I started back in 2005 (the first thing I wrote here) and this was the 'grand finale', bringing the characters up to date. It's only had one comment and 5 votes (ave 5), probably as it's quite long, but I wanted to give an ending.

@Djmac1031 left this kind note on Flesh for a Third Fantasy last night:
Bravo. Love the idea of him having to actually focus on work. Although it reminds me of a recurring nightmare I often have about being just about to have sex but something interferes lol.
Are you certain it's a nightmare, and not just reality? Because it sounds a lot like my life.
I was a bit unsure whether the story was the right fit for E&V. The idea of "you can look but you can't touch" is pushing the limits of the definition, I think. But overall the readers seem to enjoy it.

I think you have a fun couple here with plenty of options to continue should you choose.
Thanks! I'll probably write more, if and when inspiration strikes. Mel is certainly fun to write.

By the way, Allie is taken from The Code. My very first crossover!

@ccitydude wrote: "As I read your stories lately, I find lovely or clever lines. This time it was, 'The straps and lacey bits are quite nice.' Don't know why, but I liked it. It reminds us to pay attention to detail. Well done."

The story was The Remote-Controlled Vibrator

In context, the sentence quoted shows one girl's (Katie's) lack of knowledge in lingerie terminology, her girlfriend's (Cynthia's) gentle teasing by using the exact same clumsy wording right back at her, a glimpse of the humor that Cynthia uses to protect her own insecurities, and the gentle acknowledgement she gives to Katie (who had just bared a part of her own insecurity).

I've been criticized by some for writing in an overly-simplistic style (which I can't exactly argue against!), but it's nice to see when someone does pay attention to the details that I put in and "gets it." 😊

Love Languages: A Five-Part Series

Some nice comments I tried to reply to, but I don't know if that works, so thank you to all.

by Boyd Percy on 02/08/2024

Sweet!

by WantingToWriteGood on 02/08/2024

Wonderful writing. A complete story yet leaves me wanting to know more about them. May you add many more stories to this site.

by Anonymous user on 02/08/2024

Just exactly perfect. A polished gem.

by Comentarista82 on 02/08/2024

This is a remarkably endearing little account! Yes, touch can be that powerful, because if you know where to tap on your wrist, you can slow down your heart rate and release endorphins to calm yourself as one example. So a lot can be said by touch where words don't achieve the same purpose. Now, I don't know how many 19-year-olds would ever notice this level of detail to be fair to reality and such ... but for the sake of this story I'll suspend a little belief on that one part. I awarded this story a 5, because so few authors include something so incredibly simple--yet so incredibly powerful--it really does touch the heart. Well done, and you've earned a like and a follower.

by muskyboy on 02/08/2024

Very nice but you need to finish this story. It's too incomplete to score well.

by Anonymous user on 02/09/2024

Not exactly a romance but definitely a fine story indeed. 5 stars.

by MsVanilla69 on 02/11/2024

Was very nicely done was a good fun read

by Comentarista82 on 02/14/2024

Mena:
I realize I don't speak for the majority, but I still have to confess that I am supremely shocked that your wonderful story based on body language, anxiety, and the supreme power and therapy of touch on another person flew so low under the radar. I know that it's impossible to control readers and what they consume-- and while one hopes that a well-written story will garner sufficient amounts of the right kind of readers - - it sadly doesn't always happen, and I'll be really blunt: your story got seriously hosed on the attention it should have enjoyed. I sincerely hope that you still appreciate the fact that you had a few insightful comments, and that you will continue to write more stories despite the readership at large's short-sightedness on overlooking this. I personally enjoyed it, and I'm going to tell you that structurally it was a home run. In fact, it is the only story I remember ever commenting on that so nailed both the power of body language and the power of touch, and really demanded the reader noticing things.
I will mention one other very odd thing: for some reason, the five I legitimately rated you disappeared from the time I left the review and when I just happened to check today, because I visited a different story and found my five was blanked too. I know authors don't have the power to remove a vote --and neither would any author in one's right mind ever consider removing a five that was legitimately awarded- - so I'm just confused at how it happened. I hope it's not a systemic problem with the scoring, because this is the first contest I voted in that I ever remember where I've seen any legitimate rating somehow disappear. While I realize it would not have helped you win, because not enough readers came by to consume your content, it's still bothers me that somehow your story would have a 5 moved from it and not receive the benefit of a legitimate vote.
Please continue writing, and whatever you may have planned for your future outputs fascinates me to possibly consume later on. I look forward to it.

by LitCrit on 02/26/2024

Probably the best description of the way the world affects someone on the Autism Spectrum that I've ever read. 4 stars only because it was too short.

by Boyd Percy on 02/25/2024

He should have fully shared his feelings!

by LitCrit on 02/26/2024

Interesting vignette - now it needs to go somewhere. 4 stars for luck.

by Comentarista82 on 02/27/2024

This one is kind of a toss-up for me, as the story frames the gift (and his unheard "love") as the main items that spur on Delilah to achieve.
For one, I appreciate the idea, that the narrative posits an intangible item as what helps her achieve success; on that, that's completely unique--and it flips the theory that tangibles outweigh intangibles. However, once a story hangs its hat on something so crucial...here's the problem: there's no guy so broke he can't afford to to buy some nice stationary and write a hand-written note that expresses what he otherwise can't say; likewise, there are tons of stuffed animals that are unique and cute at most grocery stores that are $8 dollars and would make a huge impact. I simply can't believe he couldn't have come up with something small yet meaningful to give her...as it could have even been as simple as a polished but pretty rock that meant something to them both, like from their shared childhood. To elevate a gift to front and center stage means it must certainly be unique, but also critical it be something personal AND tangible.
I love the idea, and I love the feelings the story evokes, but based strictly on that centerpiece, 4.

by Anonymous user on 02/28/2024

He loves her, she loves him, neither communicate well. Some years later (decades maybe?) they meet again for a second.

Too little to really get vested in. Nice outline for a romance.

by chytown on 03/01/2024

*****You did 750 proud!!! good read. Thanks for sharing.

by chytown on 02/01/2024

*****Good read. Thanks for sharing. Would have been very deep in a (Poem Format) I guess it was the mentioning of the moonlight.

by Boyd Percy on 02/01/2024

Great first story!

by AlinaX on 02/01/2024

Very nicely done.

by Just_Words on 02/01/2024

A very interesting story. Thank you for sharing.

by Karl_Hundasson on 02/01/2024

Hope out of the darkness. Love it. *****

by inka2222 on 02/03/2024

Ugh. I'm so torn. On one hand, I like 750s because they are concise and cut out fluff. On the other hand THIS one omits the very very needed context. Specifically.... One one hand, I strongly dislike suicide as a choice. On the other hand, I'm happy about it when it's a cheating spouse offing themselves (which honestly the MC here kind of seemed to MAYBE be?). So.... just not enough context to know if I like this or now. I think I'll read the author's other works before deciding.

Last edited:
by Buster2U on 02/03/2024

10 Big Blazing Stars for this Excellent Story. My opinion is just the opposite of Inka just before me. I believe suicide is a very valid statement and I know for a fact that it devastates the cheating spouse left behind by the crushed one that "Ends It". I suspect suicide is usually from a broken heart and loneliness, so what more fitting way for a happy ending than two potential suicide "Jumpers" to meet and find each other to find happiness? Excellent plot, Excellent Effort! Thank You Buster2U

by WantingToWriteGood on 02/08/2024

WOW! Excellent story. Well written. Vivid yet concise. I realize it is part of the 750 Word Challenge but a follow up on their backgrounds, triumphs, and tribulations in a full blown story would make a fascinating read (in my opinion).

by MsVanilla69 on 02/08/2024

Very nice story about 2 people being at the same place same time each with there own troubles yet with an act of kindness on a dark night saving each other ,,, great story
by Anonymous user on 02/09/2024

This deserves a follow up 10/10

by LitCrit on 02/26/2024

I just finished reading all four of your stories here. You write beautiful little vignettes, short glimpses into a small slice of a relationship that pose more questions than they answer and leave an aching need to learn more. Please expand these insights into fully fleshed stories and you'll get the 5 Star ratings that they deserve.

by Comentarista82 on 02/27/2024

You make me think on this one too.
However you chose them, Westley and Luna largely fit your characters: Westley is shrewd and clearly calculating; Luna generously gives more than perhaps she should, and prefers a little more fantasy over reality; these qualities fit their names. Additionally, "Luna" is actually a very powerful name, as it means "moon" in Spanish and therefore presents her as the Mother Goddess under Marianism--and this is what makes how you end the story so fitting--because Westley should end up worshipping her, which he effectively does; he's also largely the dominant male lead and her the submissive. Furthermore, you detail the dom/sub relationship well, highlighting the praise afterward and calm dialogue to reinforce future obedience.
Cautions for future reference: when you say this is going to be a scene that follows rules without deviation, where one won't fall for the other, you can't put it's "emply" sex if one will fall for the other--as thinkers like me will latch onto that and mention it like I am now--because it screams an unneeded contradiction in how you craft the story so Westley indeed "graduates" to loving her, as his praise words soften in progression. Morever, be careful using a Hispanic name, as someone like myself will point out she should manifest some Hispanic qualities and especially some token Spanish phrases, as very intimate moments will bring out her deepest, subconscious desires and express themselves in her first language. A name is never merely "arbitrary," just like how Maverick named Star, Seven and Sekani in "The Hate You Give...": names drive people in part, and have very special and unique meanings, endowing their owners with unique characteristics and gifts.

I'll split the difference with you on this one: it had far less of a possible "hang-up," and mostly nails the required elements one should expect in this kind of genre. 5

Could it be....YOU?

The girl I formerly knew as Krackhead Kathy, the girl I used to jack off to, easily, three times every day... is that you, Kathy???

I smiled 😁

Malesubdk26 days ago
What a beautiful and sad story. I cried a little when I figured out what would happen and didn't want to read the ending. Thank you very much

Barkinbeast2010Barkinbeast201026 days ago
There’s many reactions, for me, reading Lit… turned on, annoyed, disappointed but 23 pages and I’m leaking tears. Not cool on a 57 yr old bloke - great story, characters snd true Lou heartbreaking. I’ve fought that darkness for years so I can relate but I hold on for those few who love me. Thanks for a great story

Peapod41Peapod4130 days ago
Fuck! What a msgnificent opus. This has taken the genre to another level. Thank you.

These were on why'd you ever have to say goodbye which was a hard one to write as it was so long and I didn't want to break it up. I was pretty pleased it got a good reaction (even though it also got a couple of 1* votes)

Back