Authors: Name your personal favorite story

AmberSolis

Virgin
Authors, just a fun little thing to do: of all your stories posted on Literotica, which is your personal favorite? Don't have to say why, don't have to justify it in any way, for any reason. Unless you want to. The justifications are often the juiciest part of it all! You can if you want to, but not necessary for the sake of this exercise.

But: which one is your favorite? It can even be more than one, if you like ('cause I know some of you, like me, will be tempted to say, "They're all my favorites, or I wouldn't have written them!" That's what I thought, too, when I made up this idea for a thread).

I'll start: My all-time favorite of my stories is: "An Unexpected Attraction, Part 2, When Katy met Raeanne." Because it was the first erotic story I had ever written.

https://literotica.com/s/an-unexpected-attraction-pt-02

I love my other stories, but this one was my first. It was the idea that wouldn't leave me alone until I fleshed it all out (pun not intended, but gladly accepted, thank you) and inconvenienced a few quadrillion electrons to put into print for the Literotica audience.

So? What are yours?

Really tough call.

But if I have to, I'll go with The Jenna Arrangement Part 1.

Why?

1: It was only my third story. And an attempt to put one of my personal fantasies into words as a story.

2: it gave me a character I really enjoyed writing, Jenna.

3: That in turn lead to world building and character building as the series progressed, which taught me a lot and eventually those skills helped me write more complicated stories like The White Room and The Devil And Angel Em.

Authors: Name your personal favorite story​

I normally hedge my bets with these types of questions. I say story A on a Friday in June, but Story B on a Wednesday in April. I won’t do that here.

I’m going to focus on favorite. This isn’t the story that I’m most proud of from a storytelling point of view. It’s not chock full of world building. It involves neither demons nor tentacles.

It’s a very simple story. In many ways it’s pretty atypical of my normal style. It adheres to pretty old fashioned / out of date gender stereotypes. The plot is not that original. It’s a Christmas story FFS. And it’s in Romance.

Why is it my favorite? I think because it’s very sweet, without getting overly sentimental. At its heart (word chosen advisedly) it’s about two people who desperately need something and find it in each other. Not exactly Dostoyevsky, I know. But it gave me a warm feeling to write and it still does to read.

For once, I stick to the basics. I don’t try to show off my vocabulary (OK maybe a bit). It doesn’t have many pop-culture references, or uses of scientific terminology. I don’t try anything too clever (I guess the 3rd person / 1st person / 3rd person structure - but that was for a reason). It’s just me having fun writing, without trying too hard to be a “writer.”

It’s A Holiday Wish.

Emily

Probably the finale to my Drowning at Dusk series: https://literotica.com/s/drowning-at-dusk-ch-07-finale

I really like it because it has everything that I as a reader like. Fast-paced action, wild sex, intense character bonding, poignant callbacks, and an ending that provides closure while still leaving things open to continuing.

In terms of standalones, my femdom samurai story: https://literotica.com/s/a-samurais-punishment

Was my first time writing femdom from the male POV, and I really liked it. The experience has marked a bit of a change for my writing preferences, to the point now where I'm working on a big, sprawling fantasy story that's heavy on the femdom. I attribute that 'writing awakening' to this story.

My next story.

Among my stories already published, my favorite is probably "The Third Ring." It took two years to conceptualize and about three weeks to write. It isn't long. It isn't very sexy. But I've reread it more than any other story and I've promoted it more than any other story. I even tried to get my son-in-law to animate it, but it would have taken more time than he had available.

I don't know if I really have a favorite, but I think the one I'm most proud of is Taking Pictures.

It has the most character development of my stories. I think the plot is logical and makes sense.

A special mention to Cheerleader and the Peeper. My longest story, I feel like I accomplished a story with personal growth and obstacles, but I did cheat some parts a bit. It could easily be fleshed out more, but at the time I wrote it, I did what I could with it.

As of now, it's my "Marriage and Depression" series.

I have been writing a semi-autobiographical story about myself and my deceased ex-girlfriend.

We remained close friends until she passed from cancer.

Her mother is OK with me writing about it, but I am using some "creative licensing" in some cases.

Deep Fire, because it was the first story I actually took time to write and make a proper introduction. Most of my stories are written as an impulse, and they tend to have a short introduction and then boom, sex scene, but that one in particular edged a little bit more.

Then there's Evil Frank which I wrote completely on the Notepad to prove to myself that I don't need a spell checker, but it ended up being one of my most intense stories, and readers loved it. I also really like my next story, but it's stuck on pending.

Favourite is a word that is difficult for me to define. I'd pick a different story depending on if I was picking my favourite in terms of writing style and execution, enjoyment to re-read, emotionally impactful, most creative idea, and so on.

One story that did exactly what I wanted it to do was Broken For You which ironically is my lowest rated story BY FAR, and the only story I've ever written below a 4-star rating that has sex in it. It's only 750 words but in my opinion it cuts like it was many thousand more, and I think it's a good example of a story invoking a negative emotional response in a reader without being intentionally edgy or provocative just for the sake of trying to piss people off (which I think is the "lowest hanging fruit" when it comes to this type of story). Right now, I'll name it as my champion for the favourite title - but if you'd ask me again a week from now, I'd almost certainly pick a different answer.

Another chance for self-promotion? Should I pass this time?

Last year's Geek Pride entry was in the Romance category: The Battle of the Crater. So what the hell is that about? Some Hollywood mogul turned down Gone With The Wind and said, "No one wants to see a Civil War picture." So this is set in 2017, and and it's about a studio filming a movie about the battle. I'm not sure who wants to read about it either.

Best essay based on my "memoirs": The Past is a Foreign Country. They don't have college newspapers like that anymore. I suppose after forty-seven years some people out there still remember it.

Last edited:
Ruleskirter. There’s something about finally putting your ultimate fantasy relationship on paper. The Rendezvous is a close second for all its diverse characters and action scenes. More recent favorites of mine include Girls Dorm Gathering, Relaxing With Lisa, and Sibling Seduction for their emotional interplay.

I reference this one a lot, because it catches a lot of what I think I'm good at - real observational stuff that topples in a sentence into fantasy, my cafés and streets and art galleries, intimacy and affection and some pretty hot sex:

The Floating World Part 1

These two, because of Ruby. Remember the Stacnash Affair? She liked Ruby, in the follow on.

Garter Belts and Cigarettes

Garter Belts and Whiskey

Still To Catch a Merchant Princess for my overall and Darkniciad pick. The world stands on par with the characters. Everything just came together without a hitch.

Les is tougher. Either Blessing of the Wood or Gift of Eternity Blessing for being more complex than the rest of the series and GoE because I feel like I nailed exactly what I was aiming for.

RR is Nude Holly Day because it's a stronger story that only remained as an RR story because I lost the template file for the cover and couldn't easily change the byline to Les. LOL Outside of that, there are probably a half dozen RR stories that I really enjoy. They're not deep because they're not meant to be.

Has to be the first episode of Love is a Place. It's not my highest ranked and there's no sex in it, BUT the voice was so appealing to me (and others, it would seem). The main character is neurodivergent and has a very special way of quantifying her feelings. I guess I was inspired by The Maid, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine and, probably, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time. Parts 2 and 3 are higher ranked, but Part 1 was way more fun to write.

As Margaret Atwood once said, I like all of my stories for different reasons but I never pick a favorite because the stories talk to each other and can get jealous. It's like choosing a favorite child.

So much to choose from, including a couple of really nice ones that have been waiting in the wings, but here are five deserving of mention.

Chastity is Seductive is the fourth and final chapter of the first chastity series I wrote, and I like the seductive interplay of personalities in it.

Daughters of Darkness is a dark and atmospheric vampire tale that I'm particularly happy with.

From A Loving Wife isn't in Loving Wives but is a tale of surrender to erotic degradation revealed to an oblivious husband, and it's one of my best bits of writing.

Pierced is a lighthearted Mind Control series that I love reading and writing.

And I have to add Ship's Whore because writing this series was almost a research project, and I learned so much about the difficulties of space travel and habitation from writing it.

Authors, just a fun little thing to do: of all your stories posted on Literotica, which is your personal favorite? Don't have to say why, don't have to justify it in any way, for any reason. Unless you want to. The justifications are often the juiciest part of it all! You can if you want to, but not necessary for the sake of this exercise.

But: which one is your favorite? It can even be more than one, if you like ('cause I know some of you, like me, will be tempted to say, "They're all my favorites, or I wouldn't have written them!" That's what I thought, too, when I made up this idea for a thread).

I'll start: My all-time favorite of my stories is: "An Unexpected Attraction, Part 2, When Katy met Raeanne." Because it was the first erotic story I had ever written.

https://literotica.com/s/an-unexpected-attraction-pt-02

I love my other stories, but this one was my first. It was the idea that wouldn't leave me alone until I fleshed it all out (pun not intended, but gladly accepted, thank you) and inconvenienced a few quadrillion electrons to put into print for the Literotica audience.

So? What are yours?
What would be a more interesting question would be...
What's your favourite story on Literotica written by somebody else....
To focus on your own material is too self serving...
Just one more opportunity to self promote...
The question should be concerning your favourite story written by somebody else...

Cagivagurl

What would be a more interesting question would be...
What's your favourite story on Literotica written by somebody else....
To focus on your own material is too self serving...
Just one more opportunity to self promote...
The question should be concerning your favourite story written by somebody else...

Cagivagurl
You should start that thread. God knows how I'd chose though. So many favourites.

Other than erotica, I enjoy reading scifi books.

So, my favorite story I've written was two years ago: "Amorous Goods: The Anklet Pair". "Pair of magic hot wife anklets create two sex-crazed wives."

I followed that with two sequels in which I turned that witchcraft fantasy more into a scifi 'War-of-the-Worlds story line. But the sequels didn't do as well.

Last Summer - Lifelong friends face being separated forever. (First Time)

It think it is my best written one, most emotional, and it came out in a single pantsing session complete and whole and exactly as long as it needed to be and no more (9k words).

Just a Walk in the Park

I think it's one of my best written, and the story of hope it conveys just resonates. I smile every time I read it, which I seem to do a couple of times a month. I guess that's an indication, too

Back