Comments That Make Your Day

gordo12

Experienced
I got this one this morning on "Homeless." It's my new favourite.

"Anonymous about 4 hours ago
I will not read anymore of your stories. I spend too much time with tears in my eyes. Time for me to register with Literotica so you can be in my first five favorites!"

It just made my day!

Post your comments when a fan makes your day. :D

This comment on my older story Bagged at the Opera, currently rated below 4.00.

I'm impressed
by Anonymous user on 02/09/2004
I'm a married female in her 30's, currently on anti-depressants that made my sex drive go fron 55mph to maybe 5 at best. (With my husband using every trick in the book--so to speak--at once).

That was well written, imaginative, and sexy. Plus, I think someone just FLOORED the gas pedal to the metal. Thanks. I needed that. Writer? Try to publish! You can do it.

Other comments, now deleted after several years, objected strongly to the Femdom elements which they felt attacked their masculinity...

From my Summer Lovin’ 2020 entry Chlorine Dreams:

You had to have lifeguarded a municipal pool in the 1970s. I did too. The wheezy chlorinator. Diatomaceous earth filters. Numbered baskets. Reagent testing. Battered changing rooms. The details are so familiar. I even found love a couple of times. Alas, no Lucia. Both broke my heart, but scars on your soul usually are part of growing up. Only a lucky few find their life partner in their First Time.

It was from Anonymous but their appreciation that I captured the time and place cheered me. It wasn’t an autobiographical story but I hoped to make it feel like one.

A quote from my Christmas 2020 entry, I Touch My Elf...

It's ALWAYS good to visit Emerald Pines!

I can't explain WHY this comment's always stuck with me. Maybe it's because the town's grown as a character across multiple stories.

Almost all my comments have been wonderful. Just recently I got this gem (italics added by me):

Three wonderful stories, beautifully written- can you write better than this in your first language? Astonishing if so. The two main characters resonnate for me, even in their desperate altruism and their insensitivities while being almost overly sensitive to each other at other moments.

I suspect that the basic isolated, and bullied, childhoods may have been experienced by the author. If so it is wonderfully recorded, and, if not, an extraordinary feat of poetic imagination.

Poetic imagination :heart: I’ll take poetic imagination. Sounds amazing.

I like it when people say they're invested in outcomes hinted at in upcoming chapters. They want to know what said character is going to do, or they're glad said character finally did this, etc.

I think I've said it before, but my favourite, most gratifying type of reader responses is receiving fan art. I've received three pieces of it now, so that's cool. But those ain't comments in the Comments section, so not applicable here, really.

TBH, I like hearing which characters are people's faves, and why. It means they're special to the reader, so I did something right.

Last edited:
Any nice comment always lifts the mood, but my favourites have been from females saying nice things about my lesbian stories.

Example:
"A story that is realistic and not so monogamous. Nice that they can honour each other without less deep emotions. That is how life should be!"

A few of my favourites:

Anjali's Red Scarf:

"Thankyou for teaching me about my own autism. And thankyou for cleaving to reality and avoiding even a hint of a hollywood/soap opera conclusion about these wonderfully imperfect characters."

Red Callum, Sweet Cate:

"I didn't think it was possible to be turned on and scared shitless at the same time."

The Floggings Will Continue:

"I got to "Somewhere in there the Enya finally stopped." and had to concentrate on my pelvic floor."

"This is a HORRIBLE story, full of people doing HORRIBLE things to one another for HORRIBLE reasons! Five stars."

There's been many over the years that made my day and encouraged me to keep writing. Its hard to recall what story they're on or how long ago it was to go look for them. Most of them, ironically seeing I don't consider myself a romantic, were on the two romances I've written here.

But I take more pride in my off the path dark fuck up a wet dream attempts and here's two from that one.

First....to be compared in a comment to Kafka(even knowing I'd never be in that league) is pretty damn flattering)

Disturbing?
Yes, it was disturbing. It was more disturbing than erotic, but I have to give a 5 to writing that can disturb me that much! After all, Kafka did the same thing to me!

The best thing about the comment was the fact I read Kafka's dearest father, a 45 page letter to his abusive father, many years ago and it stayed with me because of my own relationship with my father, and became somewhat of an inspiration for the story more in tone and where the abuse in the story could lead, than a true homage.

So for the reader to mention the author who influenced my idea was pretty damn cool.

Then this one where the reader wasn't even sure they liked the story, but it affected them enough to recommend reading it.

Definitely disturbing - verging on erotic horror, except I didn't really find it especially erotic.

Still, it's a very powerful story and exceptionally well-written - I say this without being able to decide if I actually *like* the story - it merits 5 stars even if you don't get off on the semi-nonconsensual aspects of it (she didn't feel like she had a choice, after all; she had a figurative gun to her head, and I personally don't get excited by that imagery).

Ever see a movie that had a strong message, was acted really well and still made your skin crawl? That movie probably won many Oscars; this is the short-story equivalent. Read it.

But hey, not everyone liked it, and being me, this one made smile...its a good day when my work is referred to as vile.

bastard
Do you even have any concept of the vile piece of shit you have committed to paper? This was not erotic. Even at the end, he had the balls to go out and find another woman. Father and daughter did not come together out of love or need. She lied to him and fucked him under the influence of alcohol and enjoyed it. He was such a loser that he couldn't man-up and get off the booze. Be a Father with capital letters. She needed her father more than he needed to say 'I'm sorry'. This is a tale that is twisted even for those of us who frequent this site. You are better than this, or so I would've thought till today.

Last edited:
I think I've said it before, but my favourite, most gratifying type of reader responses is receiving fan art. I've received three pieces of it now, so that's cool. But those ain't comments in the Comments section, so not applicable here, really.

I hadn't considered anything beyond comments when I started the thread. Nobody has ever sent me fan art. However, I did get a nice pic of a girl's asshole! There might have been a message there. :rolleyes:

If you like, I know I'd like to see them, so feel free to post them.

I think my favorite recent one was this one, for "February 1978 in the Bible Belt": "You built the tension the women were facing so well I scanned through the sex to find out if they would get safely away. Well done!" The truth is, I thought when I first posted it that I'd let them get away a bit too easily, so I was glad it had that effect!

This comment, from my most recent story "And the Grass Won't Pay No Mind," made my day:

So grateful to have had another story with Bonnie and more Virginiaverse to enjoy. I had to read through tears but it was worth it to read such a wonderful and well written story. I would shed a thousand tears to get more wonderous tales. Gems such as the Virginiaverse and the Blue Girl Universe is why I read stories on this site. Stories that touch the heart and soul can never be appreciated enough.

A comment from a couple months back from my story It's Not Cheating If... I won't lie, this stroked my ego quite a bit:

Was a helluva story. Best story I’ve read from a woman’s POV since Wild West Wife. Maybe better. Five stars and I rarely give those out. This is "make-a-living-from-writing" good.

I appreciate all comments (unless they are vicious) but I really liked this one, in response to my second published story (and to date my highest-rated story):

"Stories in this genre are too often overdone and cloaked in stereotypes. Yours here, however...so subtly layered, yet detailed in the reality of what could be an actual, face-to-face encounter. And your character development is superb. I was completely pulled in to your writing. Thanks for the well-written crafting."

This comment was very encouraging to me as a new writer and encouraged me to keep going.

“Thank you! Top 1%!
Ninety percent of what appears on Literotica is crap. Nine percent is well written and erotically charged, and I use it to get myself off. And then there are the occasional extremely well written stories that make the readers THINK. This was such a story. Thank you for writing it.“

from “Until Death Does Us Part?”

Since we don’t get a single dime for our stories, it’s nice to see something like this. Made my day.

I get very few comments and some have been scathing to be sure but my fav hit a chord with where I invest the majority of my attention and was a welcome reinforcement to keep writing here.

Janus, I'm really looking forward to see how these stories develop. Simply an outstanding beginning...perfect set-up for more! I've said it before, but your word craft is the thing that makes your stories stand apart from the average.

From Visions of Ecstasy

Last edited:
Back