Comments That Make Your Day

This one really did make my day…

paullentz1972 about 16 hours ago
In the 7 months since this series ended (Warden’s Wife Pays His Debt), I find myself re-reading this whole 9 part series...at least once a week. I'll take several hours to mentally masturbate slowly to all 9 parts. I pretty much have it memorized how everything plays out. Yet each time I read this, a little nugget pops up where I'm like 'now that was funny'...or....'now I see where he was going with that...or..'now I see what he meant by that'.

I got this one from one of my editors today,

"I started to read it and almost couldn't stop... Keep up the good work.

This comment has extra weight because he told me 12 hours earlier that it would be a few days before he got back to me. Then wham it is back in my inbox fully edited with a comment like that.

Makes me think that this new series is going to do really well.

The first comment I received on a Romance story.
~~~~~~~~
So sweet and full of love! Erotic, sexy, just too damned good to find all of the words. Gobsmacked is all I can say. You my dear have a wonderful gift.

Ten stars if I could offer them!

“Definitely the best story I've ever read on here. A very tender story of an encounter between two people and the memories it left them with. I did not expect these emotions when I opened this website today.”

Clearly they haven’t read very many stories here but it was still a nice comment. From Last Few Days of Summer

My most recent favorite comment on Kyleigh's Mom, Chapter 1. He knows who he is. Merci mille fois, kind Sir. 😊
~~~~~~~~
Sofia, c'était excellent! I very much enjoyed this and have rated it five stars. The build up is exquisite.

Left by @AlexFourways on The Rivals Ch. 05: Orgy of Death:
Secondly, I have only just read The Rivals because I have (I think) read almost all of your other stories and they have been an inspiration to my humble works. Grovel Grovel 😉
Quoted selectively so as not to clutter up the thread. :) Glad you've enjoyed my stories!

(But in answer to your comments about the demon and the Shadowguard: I messed up. In a draft version of Chapter 3, I'd included a bit about Shadowguards seeing it as their mission to protect the world from demons, so if a demon got out of hand a Shadowguard would show up sooner or later to clean up the mess. But then I rewrote that section, so that bit of lore never made it from my notes into the story, and the Shadowguard's appearance at the end came out of the blue. And the "shadow that was darker than it should be" was just Sligh sneaking around - but I like your interpretation too!)

I kind of needed this one. Posted part 5 of Vacation with the Marshals the other day, and it hasn't exactly done poorly, per se, but has had kind of a lukewarm response relative to its antecedents. No comments, no favorites in the first few days, slow view climb, decent rating still but trending lower than the others. This friendly reader came along and made me feel better:

I have enjoyed this overall story, but this chapter i enjoyed most, the extra action between Rebecca and Lily was great.

Also, I put the story in EC and they moved it to mature. The mature man is 30, his wife is two or three years younger than him, and the young lady is 18. So, how is that mature?

It is a certainty that Sam wasn't a mature man at 30. He's based on a real person, and my father said he didn't become a grownup until he turned 45.

It is a certainty that Sam wasn't a mature man at 30. He's based on a real person, and my father said he didn't become a grownup until he turned 45.
My theory is that men become as mature and responsible as they need to be. You have boys growing up very fast in their early teens if their family situation demands it - protecting younger siblings, for instance, or helping out with the family shop - and men who remain little boys at heart their entire lives because they're never forced to assume responsibility.

My theory is that men become as mature and responsible as they need to be. You have boys growing up very fast in their early teens if their family situation demands it - protecting younger siblings, for instance, or helping out with the family shop - and men who remain little boys at heart their entire lives because they're never forced to assume responsibility.
Ah, the trick is to figure out how to assume the necessary responsibility while still remaining a little boy at heart. It's hat keeps you young as your years accumulate.

So, in my new story, A Mexican Cutie, it's doing well, with 2820 views so far. The vote seems to be mostly 4s and 5s. However, to this point, not one comment and the score and vote count don't appear on the story page. Well, not for me.

View attachment 2331860
I think on the published pages (both your Author Page and the story) only get updated once a day (midnight EST?) so the A Mexican Cutie (x.xx) reference and lack of data after 3.6k words (cf She-Wolf 750-Word Story (4.27) : 768 words ⭐4.27 📊1.6k ❤ 5 🗨10 currently). So AFAIK*, the (x.xx) and the data will appear tomorrow.
In contrast, your private page updates in nearly real time. (Just check the visit number of an old story**, visit it yourself, go back and check and within ten minutes the visit number will have gone up one) YMMV***

*Old school As Far As I Know ** So you are likely to be the only reader. ***Your Milage May Vary. But mostly 'I reserve the right to be (proved) wrong.) 😉

Also, I put the story in EC and they moved it to mature. The mature man is 30, his wife is two or three years younger than him, and the young lady is 18. So, how is that mature?
I have never seen one of my stories shift from my choice but possibly they have unpublished rules such that older man younger woman by X years requires Mature. I can see why they might change catergories and I think in one I did put in the message to moderator that I wasn't sure I had the right catergory.
My only regret is you can't have more than one (not that I would write it but you could have a non-consent and bondage story, so which needs the biggest flag?)

I don't know about the rules governing the change. I don't think I've ever had a change of category before.
I have never seen one of my stories shift from my choice but possibly they have unpublished rules such that older man younger woman by X years requires Mature. I can see why they might change catergories and I think in one I did put in the message to moderator that I wasn't sure I had the right catergory.
My only regret is you can't have more than one (not that I would write it but you could have a non-consent and bondage story, so which needs the biggest flag?)

On Comments That Make My Day...
My only niggle is that on the Moderate Comments (click on the 🗨) on the Author Page (if there are any) you can only bin it where being able to give it a thumbs up (to appear in the story comments) would save having to open the story and add your own comment. Just a thought!

My April Fools Story 1x: To Fool a Nerd and a Geek has recieved many +ve comments (and some -ve) of which two recent ones:-
by AndrewMarx : I loved it. I really enjoy stories about people discovering their sexuality and sensuality. Please continue writing, you are very talented.
And by Thegreyhaggis : Loved the story. Will have a look at your other stuff and good luck in the competition. Best Wishes.
Are the sort of thing to keep me writing.

I don't know about the rules governing the change. I don't think I've ever had a change of category before.

I had my first story, Suburban Sweetheart put into E/V, even though I put it as EC and it isn't E/V. It could also be mature, although at that stage the ages of the couple wasn't clearly stated. As it was my first story on the site I didn't think to complain.

Another one, Nice Camera, got moved to GM when I selected FT

Back