Chaos in the Kitchen - what to eat and drink

I just had fish soup and my stomach is full, yet I the mere mention of bacon and eggs make me crave them... And I don't usually even bother eating them!

Smoking some pineapple teriyaki bratwurst this afternoon.

Last edited:
Artichoke salad.
Artichoke, Red and green peppers, red onion, parsley, oil, red vinegar. Can top with green onion. Enjoy
20231018_113417.jpg

My go to is kielbasa and kale, but for Saturday I’m thinking either Cuban black bean or a hearty chicken with dumplings.

Here’s a chowder I did for a competition last month. Came in 4th place. I neglected to include bacon, which would have elevated me into the top three, I believe View attachment 2292909
I believe that. My favorite clam chowder is from a place in Seattle and has bacon in it 😍

Ooo that sounds so good. I might need to make something like that this weekend too. 🤤
I’ve made it enough times that I’ve tweaked the recipe to my preferences. It’s thick and so comforting and filling.

I made my usual holiday chili last weekend. I forgot I didn't have any of the chili mix I prefer, so I rigged up a spice blend quickly: Southwestern Dust, Mexican seasoning, and a mildly hot Ethiopian spice blend I had on hand. Plus the usual tablespoon of salt. Turned out very well. I was surprised. :)

Just found this thread, woohoo! Love cooking and baking. Tis the season for baking. I'll try to get my cherry tort recipe submitted soon so y'all can try it for the holidays.

It was so cool to see a notification for this thread! I basically bailed out when life got a little too busy and I felt awkward coming back but to see folks commenting and sharing has inspired me!

I would love to create cards for the folks thst have posted their recipes and get back on track creating recipe cards for folks that want to share their delicious cooking!

If you've posted a recipe I'll be PM’ing you a draft of your card soon.

If you’d like to submit your recipe,
PLEASE PM @Photog1rl so a recipe card can be made.
Thanks!

I have been stress baking, and made these yesterday. They are gone, and I'm making more today. 😋 🍋

Italian lemon drop cookies

Recipe

I also wanted to add, if you don't know about this website/app, and you hate trying to find a recipe amongst someone's life story of how they made their famous beef stew, this is a game changer and a life saver. Copy and paste your recipe link here and it gives you just the recipe without the surrounding story telling.

Back