Chaos in the Kitchen - what to eat and drink

Does anyone have a good recipe for baked beans? I’m tasked with bringing them to a party tonight and they are not my specialty. Thanks in advance!

Does anyone have a good recipe for baked beans? I’m tasked with bringing them to a party tonight and they are not my specialty. Thanks in advance!
From Paula Deen:

• 1/2 lb bacon
  • 1 large onion
  • 1 (16 oz) can pork and beans
  • 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
  • 5 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 4 tablespoons ketchup

Preheat oven to 325 °F.

In a skillet, fry bacon until crispy and crumble. In the same pan using the bacon drippings, sauté the onion until brown. Mix bacon, onion and drippings with the remaining ingredients. Pour into a baking dish and bake covered for 45 to 60 minutes.

Years ago in New Orleans (of course) my wife and I semi-drunkenly went to a tat/piercing salon and half-jokingly discussed getting our nipples pierced. Never followed up on it but our friend did in fact get a tat there the next day.

Years ago in New Orleans (of course) my wife and I semi-drunkenly went to a tat/piercing salon and half-jokingly discussed getting our nipples pierced. Never followed up on it but our friend did in fact get a tat there the next day.
I’ve thought about getting my nipples pierced off and on. I am pretty sure I would love it but because I would not want everyone to know bras would be even harder to find.

I think I’ve shared with PG, it’s a quick shredded chicken breast (boneless) in a tomato jalapeño sauce. Very tasty and you can go start to finish in 30 minutes or less depending on your kitchen speed (I’m not that fast). Served with rice and veg (broccoli or green beans are our favorite).

If I find it I can forward (I usually keep recipes on the laptop but some are on the phone)

I think I’ve shared with PG, it’s a quick shredded chicken breast (boneless) in a tomato jalapeño sauce. Very tasty and you can go start to finish in 30 minutes or less depending on your kitchen speed (I’m not that fast). Served with rice and veg (broccoli or green beans are our favorite).
Hmm. Let me see. I don’t know if I have that one in my queue.

This reminds me of a great kitchen experience but sadly I have forgotten the recipe that led to it. Oh well, another story for another day.

One of my favorite recipes of late is a gluten-free dairy-free pancake:
2 bananas
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup blueberries

Mush the bananas, and mix in the eggs, vanilla extract, oats and blueberries.
You can fry them very similar to how you would fry a normal pancake. They are surprisingly filling and delicious.
If you are not a fan of the oat texture you can blend it first so that it becomes an oat powder. 😁

Just made this tonight and it was fantastic. No measuring!

Salmon with Salsa and Lime

Salmon fillet(s)
Lime
several tablespoons salsa
splash olive oil
splash white wine
salt
pepper

Heat oven to Low Broil
Place salmon on pan (we like to use heavy duty foil for easier cleanup)
lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper
squirt lime juice on fish

Mix salsa with juice from one half lime and a TINY splash of wine
Spoon onto fish
Place fish in oven
Cook for 8-10 minutes or until done depending on stove

Spoon any extra salsa/lime combo onto fish
Serve with sides (tonight it was rice and green beans)

SUPER fast and easy and deeeeelish.
Sounds really good. I'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

Back