Breath play

MastersDelight

Literotica Guru
Master and I watched a video last night that applied what I guess to be some light breath play. (Dom covered her mouth and nose for short periods to stop the subs breathing.). It intrigued us both. Just wondering if anyone has any experience/advice in this area so we can proceed safely and informed. Thanks in advance. :rose:

EDIT FOR CLARITY:

I understand breath play is dangerous. What we saw and are interested in applying is what I would call very light. The Dom covered the subs mouth and nose with his hand, the longest stretch of this on the video was 10 seconds, most we're closer to 6 seconds each with AT LEAST a minute of free breathing in between. I don't want to be strangled, and certainty not to the verge of passing out.

Last edited:
Technically, there is no safe way to do breath play. There are safer ways to do it, but SAFE? Nope.

Most of what you need to know (including giant DANGER! DANGER! WILL ROBINSON!! signs... Okay, including 99% DANGER! DANGER! WILL ROBINSON!! signs) can be found by googling Jay Wiseman breath play. He's got a Fet group, too.

Technically, there is no safe way to do breath play. There are safer ways to do it, but SAFE? Nope.

Most of what you need to know (including giant DANGER! DANGER! WILL ROBINSON!! signs... Okay, including 99% DANGER! DANGER! WILL ROBINSON!! signs) can be found by googling Jay Wiseman breath play. He's got a Fet group, too.

Thank you. And I'll edit saying "unsafely but informed" lol.

Hi, we do do some light breath play. And YES we are both well aware of the dangers.

My Dom will hold my throat just tight enough that I can't get enough breath to speak, but not so completely that I can't breath at all. This type of choke hold he sustains for mere seconds, maybe 20 seconds at most? Before loosening his grip.

The other thing we do is he will hold my neck while I'm riding him, and I lean my weight/push my neck against his hold. In this way I am controlling how much my breath is restricted, and every facet of the breath play is entirely in my control. I can lean heavily or lightly, for a longer period or a shorter period. I am controlling it.

We also do him covering my mouth with his hand, in which case I can obviously breath through my nose. Due to the exertion of sex this definitely doesn't feel like enough air when left with just my nose, yet it also feels much milder than the choking play.

And as a note-- my Dom was hesitant to do any breath play at all, and what we do was as far as he was willing to go when **I** requested this. He described it as a soft limit. So please don't judge him if you think this is irresponsible..judge me. :)

Hi, we do do some light breath play. And YES we are both well aware of the dangers.

My Dom will hold my throat just tight enough that I can't get enough breath to speak, but not so completely that I can't breath at all. This type of choke hold he sustains for mere seconds, maybe 20 seconds at most? Before loosening his grip.

The other thing we do is he will hold my neck while I'm riding him, and I lean my weight/push my neck against his hold. In this way I am controlling how much my breath is restricted, and every facet of the breath play is entirely in my control. I can lean heavily or lightly, for a longer period or a shorter period. I am controlling it.

We also do him covering my mouth with his hand, in which case I can obviously breath through my nose. Due to the exertion of sex this definitely doesn't feel like enough air when left with just my nose, yet it also feels much milder than the choking play.

And as a note-- my Dom was hesitant to do any breath play at all, and what we do was as far as he was willing to go when **I** requested this. He described it as a soft limit. So please don't judge him if you think this is irresponsible..judge me. :)

I got so hard reading this, I am exactly the same way. :devil:

Just to quote the last line again:

It IS hard finding someone that doesn't have this kink, that is can or is willing to even try. I'm a full blooded switch, I love applying breath play almost as much as I love receiving it. There is something extra to the level of trust that needs to be there for a partner to wrap there hands around somewhere your body is screaming for things not to be there. I love it, revel in it, wallow in the sensations.

Dangerous? I ride a motorcycle, smoke, and eat red meat often. Those are more likely to kill me than having hands around my throat.

One thing I'd urge to any guy who is thinking about choking a girl - put your hand on your own throat first. See how VERY little pressure it takes to cut off your air. Now imagine your big burly man-hands holding a petite girly little neck AND you have testosterone pumping and you're both revved up.

In other words, err on the extreme side of caution.

One thing I'd urge to any guy who is thinking about choking a girl - put your hand on your own throat first. See how VERY little pressure it takes to cut off your air. Now imagine your big burly man-hands holding a petite girly little neck AND you have testosterone pumping and you're both revved up.

Wise words!

Wise words!

Some women (and possibly some guys, but I've only had experience choking women) can go from arousal level 2 instantly to 9 or 10 just from a hand on their throat... so one must maintain some control in such a situation. It could be SOOO easy for something to go badly.

But damn, it can be so fucking hot too.

That makes it even more dangerous.

Some women (and possibly some guys, but I've only had experience choking women) can go from arousal level 2 instantly to 9 or 10 just from a hand on their throat... so one must maintain some control in such a situation. It could be SOOO easy for something to go badly.

But damn, it can be so fucking hot too.

That makes it even more dangerous.

This is also my experience.

That said, what I have found works best is to basically avoid the windpipe and gently compress the carotid arteries. The effect is near-instant, there is no choking/hacking as when compressing the windpipe (now some folks like the visceral effect of this, but it can also distract from the moment), and every woman who I have done this with has been rather impressed with the effect of doing this at the point of orgasm.

Of course, one must not expect the partner whose brain is being deprived oxygen for a few seconds to respond in any kind of useful way as to "too much" - tapping out, safewords, etc are going to be difficult if not impossible, and as the one doing the choking, you are 100% responsible for the relative safety and quality of result here. The results can be intensely pleasurable, or they can result in brain damage or death. Don't take this shit lightly, and if you think you might, don't do this at all for you lack the discipline to do this correctly.

Hello, I'm new around these parts, but I'm an old hand at this particular type of play. When it comes to " breath control ", the most important thing for beginners is communication and taking baby steps. NEVER start with choking, begin instead with covering the mouth and pinching the nostrils by hand, then count to a predetermined number and release. This allows both the Sub to communicate their likes/discomfort and the Dom to figure out the right amount of pressure to apply and how to be gentle yet firm. This is a scenario where you/your Dom will have to be 100% attentive, because it's very easy to go to far if excited and I've encountered many poor souls that have had bad experiences with overzealous partners.

This is what I recommend couples start off with and, while it may sound basic, can be utilized in a variety of different scenarios and positions(from behind is a favorite). I wish you all the best!

My sub likes it when I put my hand on her throat. I dont restrict her breathing in anyway doing this. I'm very mindful that even some stress positions, ie a seated restraint can cause asphyxiation even though the person in that position can speak they are suffocating. Read about g4s restraining a man on a plane they were deporting who died and too many looked after kids in care homes too. I taught nvci for a while and also had team teach training that drive these points home.

Just remember as a sub asking your master to control your breath puts a huge responsibility on them and on you there has to be massive massive trust and as all the advice above baby steps short periods

It makes it more intense for me to have a hand in a position where it could choke even when the pressure isn't applied.

Our favorite form of breathplay keeps my neck nice and safe, externally. We do breathplay as part of my giving Master blowjobs. I will take him deep and he will keep my face tight against him, either him standing and me kneeling, or with him laying on his back. I love his fingers in my hair, and the way he talks me through it. He is always mindful of my condition, and I can "tap out" when it's too much.

Our favorite form of breathplay keeps my neck nice and safe, externally. We do breathplay as part of my giving Master blowjobs. I will take him deep and he will keep my face tight against him, either him standing and me kneeling, or with him laying on his back. I love his fingers in my hair, and the way he talks me through it. He is always mindful of my condition, and I can "tap out" when it's too much.

Totally this. (((swoon)))

Pinching nose during a blow job gets same results, for me a little more deliberate in his action. It forces my mouth open wider to breathe, which gets him in even deeper.

A weird idea but it was amazing breath play as well as sensory deprivation AND humiliation is wearing a gas mask. You can breathe but it's very regulated. Each breath is amplified; it's all you can hear. The objectification factor was off the charts which was really nifty.

I don't know if this is been said, but if you want your man to choke you or you want to choke them do not push on the front of the throat. That could crush the esophagus. Put pressure on the sides. Watch intently on their face, eyes, color, etc.

All of that. Yes, oh yes. :cathappy:

Hello, I'm new around these parts, but I'm an old hand at this particular type of play. When it comes to " breath control ", the most important thing for beginners is communication and taking baby steps. NEVER start with choking, begin instead with covering the mouth and pinching the nostrils by hand, then count to a predetermined number and release. This allows both the Sub to communicate their likes/discomfort and the Dom to figure out the right amount of pressure to apply and how to be gentle yet firm. This is a scenario where you/your Dom will have to be 100% attentive, because it's very easy to go to far if excited and I've encountered many poor souls that have had bad experiences with overzealous partners.

This is what I recommend couples start off with and, while it may sound basic, can be utilized in a variety of different scenarios and positions(from behind is a favorite). I wish you all the best!

I'll second this advice.

It can be fun, but you definitely need to know what you're doing and ease into it. Communication is key!

I have been accidentally choked out two times; once was because of poor communication, and the other was because he claimed he knew what he was doing, but really didnt.

I'm interested in the suggestions that this sort of things can apparently easily have adverse results. It's something we just sort of 'happened into' yesterday - he had his hand on my throat (I don't even know why), and I suddenly realised I wanted it tighter and nudged his hand ... and as always, he immediately understood what I meant. We were kissing at the time, extremely close, so as he tightened his grip, he could sense exactly where my body was at (and he's *extremely* attentive to that sort of thing - this is far from the first control game we've played), and when I felt that I needed air, I just broke the kiss and he immediately released me. It never felt like I could have tipped over into unconsciousness - more like, as a couple of people intimated, when you're giving someone a blow job and can't breathe because of the full mouth and being hard up against their body. I always hold that as long as possible, because I know he likes it, but at some point I need to come up for air. Obviously the difference here is that when I need to come up for air, someone else *could* stop me from doing that, but I'm pretty confident that's not going to happen.

So is it really possible this sort of thing could go wrong that easily? Are there actually documented cases of this happening?

Who you accusin' of havin' big, burly man hands?

Caution is the word of the day here (or of the 3 months since the OP) and I agree completely.

Stay away from the windpipe. you could bruise it, and hours later, possibly when sub is alone, the windpipe can swell up cutting off breath, permanently.

Two ways that I will do this as a top. Block mouth and nose. My preference is kissing her, and pinching her nose. Pinch of the arteries in the neck. I will do neither of these more than a few seconds.

I have an established safe-action, she holds my arm around my wrist. If I need to let go, she lets go.

I'm interested in the suggestions that this sort of things can apparently easily have adverse results. It's something we just sort of 'happened into' yesterday - he had his hand on my throat (I don't even know why), and I suddenly realised I wanted it tighter and nudged his hand ... and as always, he immediately understood what I meant. We were kissing at the time, extremely close, so as he tightened his grip, he could sense exactly where my body was at (and he's *extremely* attentive to that sort of thing - this is far from the first control game we've played), and when I felt that I needed air, I just broke the kiss and he immediately released me. It never felt like I could have tipped over into unconsciousness - more like, as a couple of people intimated, when you're giving someone a blow job and can't breathe because of the full mouth and being hard up against their body. I always hold that as long as possible, because I know he likes it, but at some point I need to come up for air. Obviously the difference here is that when I need to come up for air, someone else *could* stop me from doing that, but I'm pretty confident that's not going to happen.

So is it really possible this sort of thing could go wrong that easily? Are there actually documented cases of this happening?

For us, we have only tried it underwater and always in relation to oral sex, but we are very careful. Our game is to stay under long enough to bring the other to orgasm, but we have signals (two taps on the ass) if the other needs air. We discovered over the weekend that we need a deeper tub or pool when she goes down in me, as the act itself brings her up for air naturally as her head is bobbing. Far easier (and more fun for me) for her to hold my face down whilst I eat her pussy. We're going to try this in her office today to mix this with our quasi public sex fun.

Caution is the word of the day here (or of the 3 months since the OP) and I agree completely.

Stay away from the windpipe. you could bruise it, and hours later, possibly when sub is alone, the windpipe can swell up cutting off breath, permanently.

Two ways that I will do this as a top. Block mouth and nose. My preference is kissing her, and pinching her nose. Pinch of the arteries in the neck. I will do neither of these more than a few seconds.

I have an established safe-action, she holds my arm around my wrist. If I need to let go, she lets go.

Is there actual evidence of bruises swelling like this?

I see your point about the system you use, but I don't think that would work for me - I really like something a bit more ... hmmm ... physical, I guess.

For us, we have only tried it underwater and always in relation to oral sex, but we are very careful.
How is that safe? underwater narrows the margin of error to minuscule.

Is there actual evidence of bruises swelling like this?

I see your point about the system you use, but I don't think that would work for me - I really like something a bit more ... hmmm ... physical, I guess.
Evidence? not that I am aware of. It is something that was drilled into my head for years. Could this be false propaganda? Maybe, but it is some that I choose to believe, I don't want to inadvertently kill someone.

I think that any safe action, be it words or physical action or whatever, needs to be as simple as possible. When learning my own path I was bottoming to one of two that I would ever allow to top me again, I was so deep into subspace the word "red" was out of my head. I had to be told to breathe.

Back