PSA 2: A Message for New Subs

The next dom I tried was a POS. He was more of a jackass than Dom. First thing I told him is I don't like to be spit on. The first thing he did was spit on me becuase he was having a sissy boy tantrum because I got caught on a work call. He doesn't pay my bills I do. We didn't meet again.
Whew, goodnessšŸ˜¤. My hands would've reflexively gone into action & for the briefest of moments, we both would've thought I was a skilled fighter.
There's something deeply upsetting about explicitly communicating your hard limits/turn offs/non-negotiable boundaries, & then watching that line you've drawn get fucking pushed & disrespected in real time šŸ–•šŸ½.

This thread is so encouraging, I feel the sub tendencies and want to explore, but so many "Doms" expect immediate submission and to be addressed as "Sir" or whatever they prefer before we've had two sentences of a conversation.

I may be submissive, but I'm still a person and expect to have a normal relationship with conversation as well.
Hell yes. Not only should you expect to be treated with respect, but you should be vocal and unwavering about it. If that guy can't provide it, it's on to the next one. Being submissive is a gift. You don't get to squander my gift.
I'm very glad you found encouragement herešŸ„°. I really hope it helps because sometimes, myself definitely included, we're just one uplifting word away from giving up. So, that's what we're here for: each otheršŸ¤—.
I hope you find the most lovely of Doms out there!

Hi you beautiful submissives out there (of all genders) šŸ’—.
With so many new subs entering our Lit space each day, I thought this might be some good advice to share. Consider this Part II of my other PSA: Dom ā‰  Asshole.

While I consider myself a switch, enjoying both the role of Domme & sub, I'm a sub at heart.
If all this online play has taught me anything, it's that my submission has to be earned. Additionally, while being under someone else's control and receiving degradation from them (a preference of mine, but not all D/s relationships require degradation) is nice & hot, it very much means nothing if there is no trust involved & if I'm not taken into consideration as a general person. Don't get me wrong, I want to be nothing more than a human fleshlight at times, but at the foundation of that, my online partner has to still respect me.

I said all this to say that, no, you don't want any and every thing your Dom/Domme wants without any regard to your wants and needs.
When I see some subs stating that they simply want to take whatever their Dom gives & that they have no real wants, needs, limits, thoughts, & feelings beyond that...well, it reads like the musings of an amateur sub.
You need to establish trust with a Dom/Domme & ensure that they genuinely respect you & your submission before you let them take full control of the reins.
My kinks are certainly darker & more taboo in nature, but even in that, trust & respect have to exist first before we can properly delve into those things; and certainly before you assume you can throw my kinks in my face ad nauseam. "You like being a slut, so I'll treat you like a faceless bitch." Yeah no, fuck that. I get to say when things progress into darker territory once I'm comfortable.
Your comfort, consent, & yes, opinions, are so paramount as a sub.
Now go forth & please your Doms/Dommes that are worthy of your submission. If they treat you any less than what you 100% want out of the dynamic, correct them or move on.
šŸ’‹
Thank you for all of this. I found this site because of the stories and then rather stumbled on the forum (I had been more wishful thinking honest, not realistically honest, on my profile because I didn't realize it was easily seen).

While I am extraordinarily curious about submission, without ever having it truly in day-to-day life it is so hard to know whether an amazing reality is possible or if the initial aggressive deluge of messages reflects what exists.

Your advice makes me feel hopeful that when I am in a place to offer submission to a Dom, I'll be able to wade through the bullshit and actually find a deep enough connection to feel safe submitting the way I've imagined. Thank you

Thank you for all of this. I found this site because of the stories and then rather stumbled on the forum (I had been more wishful thinking honest, not realistically honest, on my profile because I didn't realize it was easily seen).

While I am extraordinarily curious about submission, without ever having it truly in day-to-day life it is so hard to know whether an amazing reality is possible or if the initial aggressive deluge of messages reflects what exists.

Your advice makes me feel hopeful that when I am in a place to offer submission to a Dom, I'll be able to wade through the bullshit and actually find a deep enough connection to feel safe submitting the way I've imagined. Thank you
šŸ„²How beautiful. I'm so beyond glad that this thread has helped you in some way.
Yes, I will continue repeating myself because I'd be remiss without telling you more directly that your safety and comfort are so very important before you offer your submission. And I really like how you worded it: you should very well have the D/s relationship that you've imagined. Though, I'd prefer for your true Dom & your interaction with him to far exceed your imagination šŸ„°.

Also, ignore the faceless, nameless, forceful, rude spewings from undeserving men on here. Their horniness is not your problem.

Also, ignore the faceless, nameless, forceful, rude spewings from undeserving men on here. Their horniness is not your problem.

I have noticed a shift lately. I post a bit and receive my fair share of PMs. I get a lot of questions, unsolicited dick pics and lately, orders. I will get PMs starting out ordering me to do things, or starting out with extreme verbal abuse. I Don't role play, but what do these people expect? Itā€™s like they donā€™t understand. Just because Iā€™m a sub doesnā€™t mean I need to be berated or Subjugated. Just because Iā€™m sub doesnā€™t mean I need to be conquered. Iā€™m in a Domme sub relationship my submissiveness is a gift not something I have to be made to do. Also my submissiveness is a responsibility for my Domme. I donā€™t think people see it that way.

Last edited:
šŸ„²How beautiful. I'm so beyond glad that this thread has helped you in some way.
Yes, I will continue repeating myself because I'd be remiss without telling you more directly that your safety and comfort are so very important before you offer your submission. And I really like how you worded it: you should very well have the D/s relationship that you've imagined. Though, I'd prefer for your true Dom & your interaction with him to far exceed your imagination šŸ„°.

I love absolutely everything you said. Thank you, again. Please don't mind me if I follow you, like a very courteous baby duck, and read more of the amazing thoughts you've shared. ā¤ļø

I have to say my experience with proclaimed Doms on here hasn't been great, but I did learn a lot. Mostly that I'm not a natural sub, that I can play a sub role if the man knows what he's doing, and that hell will probably freeze over before I do it again. :)
Yes, so many fakes out there. Glad they were useful to you in discovering what you are and what you need - and don't need!

So, little courteous duckling, give me a taboo example. Please.

I was not looking for a Dom when I found mine. But oh my God, it's the best dynamic I've ever experienced!! I used to think I was more of a domme, but after having a DD, I'm just so much submissive instead..

My relationship with him isn't 100% black or white... Like, there's a mix of friendship, flirting, control, virtual sex, degradation even at times...

With that being said, I'm a believer that people will come into your life when you need them to.
And yes, there are great D types out there..

I was not looking for a Dom when I found mine. But oh my God, it's the best dynamic I've ever experienced!! I used to think I was more of a domme, but after having a DD, I'm just so much submissive instead..

My relationship with him isn't 100% black or white... Like, there's a mix of friendship, flirting, control, virtual sex, degradation even at times...

With that being said, I'm a believer that people will come into your life when you need them to.
And yes, there are great D types out there..
I love hearing stories where a girl comes into the knowledge of her submission and gains strength from it. To find the yang to your yin unexpectedly is the finest example of truth you will get

Just a reminder to subs that your boundaries and feelings are valid. Anyone who tries to gaslight or bully past those clearly laid out boundaries is very much undeserving of your time. Yes, even if you & your Dom/potential Dom have being chatting for a while. A red flag is a red flag and you should protect yourself. You owe it to yourself.
šŸ’–

I've been asked by @InCNCestBangPie to share the text below from a PM conversation we were having.

The mistake a lot of wannabe Doms make is confusing submission with subservience. Submissives desire to give away their power but there's nothing in the description of the role that says they have to do that meekly or straight away. Indeed many want to see how badly a Dom actually wants to take control by making it a challenge. An actual Dom should recognise that for what it is and be able to respond in kind. A fake Dom with just see a lack of subservience and get angry that they aren't being a "good sub"

The mistake a lot of wannabe Doms make is confusing submission with subservience. Submissives desire to give away their power but there's nothing in the description of the role that says they have to do that meekly or straight away. Indeed many want to see how badly a Dom actually wants to take control by making it a challenge. An actual Dom should recognise that for what it is and be able to respond in kind.

I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree. This is just another variation of the "The true dominant is a mind-reader" trope.

The actual problem is that the submissive person requires that the dominant person is proving his dominant capabilities to let the submissive know that she is not wasting her time by picking him over the other hundred guys in her private messages. However, it takes a considerable amount of time to truly understand someone and discern the genuine intent behind their actions. It's a lose-lose situation for the dominant. If he refuses to participate, he is out; if he "ruins the mood" with a meta-discussion about her challenge, he is out; and when forced to make an uneducated guess and makes the wrong guess, he is out, too, with no second chance granted, so that they could actually learn from each other for the future.

if he "ruins the mood" with a meta-discussion about her challenge, he is out;
Sounds like the generalizations of a "Dom" who's run into this specific thing only a handful of times or less and now assumes all subs will behave accordingly.
In such a situation, a calm, honest inquiry & discussion would not be rejected 100% of the time. The D/s dynamic is literally nothing with open, genuine dialogue. Keyword being "dialogue"; not judgmental or condescending yelling or otherwise heated and accusatory speak that feels like an escalation. It's all about approach.

This is just another variation of the "The true dominant is a mind-reader" trope.
šŸ˜‚Trope, huh? Again, a D/s relationship entered into by adults should be treated with an adult mindset. I don't care about the misinformation that's out there. Once you're here with me, we talk things out, calmly.
The actual problem is that the submissive person requires that the dominant person is proving his dominant capabilities to let the submissive know that she is not wasting her time by picking him over the other hundred guys in her private messages.
Hmmm, I wonder why that is? Context is everything. People who, for example, argue against sexism & racism as being actual, modern day issues, fail to look at the historical context of things. Similarly, in the grand scale context of things, women and subs are frequently harrased by those who claim to be "Doms" but are actually just entitled, egotistical assholes.
Now, does that mean the sub gets to take her frustrations out on the next potential "Dom?" No. But it ā€Šdoes mean that she/they get(s) to be particular in what's being sought. What you view as "proving his dominant capabilities" is actually a very fair ask. Wouldn't you want your plumber to prove they are qualified?
Sorry not sorry, but if I'm the person whom this dynamic hinges on because I'm the one giving my submission, then hell yes, you need to be a deserving Dom.
Next.

Last edited:
Wouldn't you want your plumber to prove they are qualified?

I mean, not really, but for the sake of the argument I'll say "Yes" - but I don't tell my plumber that there is a problem with the toilet and expect him to read my mind that I meant the shower. I expect him to know about plumbing. Neither dominating nor plumbing are mind-reading.

In such a situation, a calm, honest inquiry & discussion would not be rejected 100% of the time.
Very much like playing 'hard to get' is not 100% of the time a test if the dominant gives up. That's the whole point - there is no 100%, there is no universal right choice that shows that someone is a "true dominant" and there is no magic capability that allows the dominant to make a better guess than other people. The best thing you can achieve is maybe the opposite - expose character flaws.

What you view as "proving his dominant capabilities" is actually a fair very ask.
Is it? Maybe. Maybe not. Do I get to test if the submissive is a submissive and when she fails my test, declare that she is not a true submissive?
See, suddenly it doesn't work that way, does it?

Neither dominating nor plumbing are mind-reading.
Neither is showing that you are well versed in being a Dom. None of this is mind reading. It is your jaded interpretation as such.
That's the whole point - there is no 100%, there is no universal right choice that shows that someone is a "true dominant"
I see what you are saying. For the sake of argument, we could say a "quality Dom." Still, the fact remains that, contextually, there are a plethora of people out there claiming to be a Dom when in fact, they just have a mild, passing fascination with the idea of being in a control. Subsequently, they think their misinformation entitles them to the fullness of the sub experience. That's just not the case. Every D/s endeavor will be unique to those people involved. @Otis_Ravelli 's point was a that fake Doms will (those who have no discipline to learn and research how to be the best Dom for your partner) expect subservience thinking it's the same as submission. Further, a deserving Dom will take the time to know when a sub is posing a challenge. Not that a) all subs do or b) mind reading is required. That simply means a quality Dom will be more in tune with his sub, even inquiring further if needed, as you mentioned. Instead of hastily calling the sub a cunt for not bowing down immediately & discarding her.
Is it? Maybe. Maybe not. Do I get to test if the submissive is a submissive and when she fails my test, declare that she is not a true submissive?
See, suddenly it doesn't work that way, does it?
Sir, in a 2-way street relationship, you get to do lots. But again, what you're saying is based on the misunderstanding that someone is expecting mind reading by simply wanted to gain trust and a foundation first.
Moral is: don't barge head first into my PMs and expect unnecessary & sovereign loyalty.

I've been asked by @InCNCestBangPie to share the text below from a PM conversation we were having.

The mistake a lot of wannabe Doms make is confusing submission with subservience. Submissives desire to give away their power but there's nothing in the description of the role that says they have to do that meekly or straight away. Indeed many want to see how badly a Dom actually wants to take control by making it a challenge. An actual Dom should recognise that for what it is and be able to respond in kind. A fake Dom with just see a lack of subservience and get angry that they aren't being a "good sub"

Iā€™m going to disagree with this, too. BDSM is a huge continuum of types. For a very long time we used PYL and pyl as acronyms in this forum because we all even use the labels differently. ā€œMasterā€ doesnā€™t mean the same thing to everyone who uses the label. Neither does ā€œDaddyā€ or ā€œbabygirlā€ or ā€œslut.ā€

There are many Doms who donā€™t want a brat. Not wanting a brat doesnā€™t make them a bad Dom; it just means they are not compatible with a bratty sub (the type of sub youā€™re describing). Similarly, a Dom who wants a brat wouldnā€™t be very happy with me at all. I donā€™t EVER wish to be seen as bad. I am entirely subservient and would disappoint a Dom who wants some push back. Heā€™s not a bad Dom; Iā€™m not a bad sub. We are simply not compatible.

Anyone citing ā€œTrue Domā€ (or ā€œreal Domā€ or ā€œactual Domā€) gibberish is a red flag for me. There are definitely fakes out there and people who get off on the idea who truly do not understand the dynamic. They out themselves with the quickness, typically. But being incompatible with someone doesnā€™t make them a fake.

PYL = Pick Your Label (Dom type)
pyl = pick your label (submissive type)

Again, in @Otis_Ravelli's defense, he (nor I) are saying all Doms must be compatible with all subs. And please don't misread the rantings of a guy who misinterpreted things as being what the true intentions of the OP are (O_R in this case). He never stated mind reading has to occur or that all Doms should want a bratty sub.
An actual Dom should recognise that for what it is and be able to respond in kind. A fake Dom with just see a lack of subservience and get angry that they aren't being a "good sub"
Here, the point is that a person truly interested in a D/s dynamic won't easily fly off the handle when met with push back. A simply, "hey, this isn't what I want" is fine. Or the sub could express intentions up front. The issue becomes subs who are met with harassment because they dare to not completely & undyingly submit upon first contact. It's easy to spot the fake Doms who just want a reason to verbally abuse or they want to find a way to use you.

There are many Doms who donā€™t want a brat. Not wanting a brat doesnā€™t make them a bad Dom; it just means they are not compatible with a bratty sub (the type of sub youā€™re describing). Similarly, a Dom who wants a brat wouldnā€™t be very happy with me at all. I donā€™t EVER wish to be seen as bad. I am entirely subservient and would disappoint a Dom who wants some push back. Heā€™s not a bad Dom; Iā€™m not a bad sub. We are simply not compatible.
Thank you!
I tried to voice this yesterday, but couldnā€™t put together anything I wanted to post.

Indeed many want to see how badly a Dom actually wants to take control by making it a challenge. An actual Dom should recognise that for what it is and be able to respond in kind
See, being mistaken for someone playing to hard to get, when I say ā€œNo, thanks.ā€, is actually more of a problem for me than someone being rude at that point.
Very much like playing 'hard to get' is not 100% of the time a test if the dominant gives up. That's the whole point - there is no 100%, there is no universal right choice that shows that someone is a "true dominant" and there is no magic capability that allows the dominant to make a better guess than other people. The best thing you can achieve is maybe the opposite - expose character flaws.
Yup, because meeting people and getting close to them, the part I bolded is super important.
If they are going to fly off the handle when met with resistance, Iā€™d like to know before Iā€™m alone with them, trying to use my safeword.
Context is everything. People who, for example, argue against sexism & racism as being actual, modern day issues, fail to look at the historical context of things. Similarly, in the grand scale context of things, women and subs are frequently harrased by those who claim to be "Doms" but are actually just entitled, egotistical assholes.
Yes, I think this is a lot about context.

For me, I have only even contemplated anything ā€œonlineā€ a grand total of two times, with people Iā€™d been in contact with for a long time and liked a lot already. Got as far as even dipping my toes once.
My experience is coloured by the fact that I want people to show their colours before they can actually hurt me.
I think there is an equivalent online, if you intend to give people enough info to get you in trouble - and I believe you will if you spend enough time.

As for my experience with this place, I do get a share of cold calls to my inbox and Iā€™ve gotten the odd ā€œKneel bitch!ā€ type message. Iā€™ve even answered with things ranging from ā€œWTAF?ā€ to ā€œI think you have me misstaken for someone else?ā€ depending on message and mood and it has interestingly never escalated things.
Iā€™ve actually gotten a surprising amount of slightly sheepish appologies.

That simply means a quality Dom will be more in tune with his sub, even inquiring further if needed, as you mentioned. Instead of hastily calling the sub a cunt for not bowing down immediately & discarding her.
I think everyone would agree with that, but I thought we were discussing the people who expect subservience before there is any his about the sub.
Because people being abusive when you actually have a relationship (and in my context it takes a while to get there) is very different from randos yelling at you online which can be a be a bit uncomfortable but really much more manageable than the kind who knows how to behave and wheedle themselves inside enough to be an actual threat.
with no second chance granted, so that they could actually learn from each other for the future.
Sounds suspiciously like adulting, but yes this.

Okay, so. I wouldn't normally have posted here at all as this is a space for new subs to support each other. I only posted as I was invited to by @InCNCestBangPie who created it. I'm only posting here again as she shouldn't have to do all the heavy lifting of defending what I said without my lifting a finger.

As we've established, context is everything and posting a direct quote from a PM conversation without any adjustments clearly wasn't the best idea I've ever had. We were talking about guys barging into people's inboxes expecting submission out of the gate without any introduction or conversation.

Obviously Dom's and subs exist on a spectrum and everyone needs to find the partner that's right for them. What I was saying is that people wading in expecting nothing but subservience because they say they're a sub don't understand the nature of what the relationship entails. That was it.

Back