ABSTRUSIONS: A Bohemian hangout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sincerely_helene said:
Pleased to hear you enjoyed it! A definite new fav of mine.:)

Enjoy it almost as much as I enjoy your lovely AV :)

(both are breath taking, in different ways)

Belegon said:
ok, dammit, I am stooping to begging again... I have 3 poems within 3 votes of getting or not getting their little "H". Of course, this could backfire if you all vote "1". It is just maddening to sit on 8 votes for weeks.

Painful Mornings needs 2 votes...

New Candy Idea needs 2 votes...

Downtown needs 3 votes...

sorry to do this, but I do freely admit to being a slut when it comes to public affirmation...(why else would I wear a kilt in southern California?)

I had already voted on New Candy & Downtown, but I managed to miss Painful Mornings the first time round. I read, I voted, I commented. Oh, and I've jumped on the thermo-ban bandwagon so that's why it's still at its default 50.

minsue said:
I had already voted on New Candy & Downtown, but I managed to miss Painful Mornings the first time round. I read, I voted, I commented. Oh, and I've jumped on the thermo-ban bandwagon so that's why it's still at its default 50.

erm.. bel.. i voted but didnt PC. i usually dont pc poems because i dont have the eloquence to do so.. but know ive read your work and loved it.
v~

TOPIC O THE DAY-ISH

i was having an im conversation and out of the blue... a word took my fancy.
i said it.. and all of a sudden it just made me smile.

anyway.. the word was HYPERBOLE. nothing fancy or special but a fun word.

so, what i want to know is:
do you have a favortie word and do you have a word of the day?
what is it?
do you try to put that word into a story your are writing?
would you want to?

Re: TOPIC O THE DAY-ISH

vella_ms said:

what is it?
would you want to?

Morning, Vella.

Hmmm...good word.

No. Sadly enough I do not have a favorite word. I have a word I hate hearing, "WHATEVER!" The worst word ever.

vella_ms said:

what is it?
would you want to?

Favorite word: Flummox I don't really know why other than it's use is so unexpected. It's just so infrequently used that it always gets a strange look from people. :cool:

I have never used it in a story, but now I may have to. :D

Re: Re: TOPIC O THE DAY-ISH

cheerful_deviant said:
Favorite word: Flummox I don't really know why other than it's use is so unexpected. It's just so infrequently used that it always gets a strange look from people. :cool:

I have never used it in a story, but now I may have to. :D

Morning, CD...good word...

*yawning* Moooorrrning Everyone. God I love not having class till 11. :D

Favorite word? Depends on the occasion...'Love' is a big one, makes life bearable. When I'm at school 'A' would have to be the favorite. In bed...well you'll just have to find out for yourself.

I'm still too sleepy to think up something smart. :kiss:

vella_ms said:

what is it?
would you want to?

My favorite word will most likely always be "spiffy".. for the pure and simple fact that people don't expect me to say such a word, when they know me in real life. I have moderate sized vocabulary, and people that know that, don't tend to expect that spiffy is part of that collection of words.

Word of the day.. Hmm.. I couldn't get this word out of my head earlier, I think it is because I'm sleep deprived though.. "Palpitations"

I had my hand on my chest and could feel my heart racing, and the word popped into my head, and has not left since. It, much like your Hyperbole, has me smiling very much though. :)

Edited to add: Indubitibly... I've always _loved_ that word, ever since I was young and heard it on "Chip 'n Dale"

Last edited:
RebeccaLeah said:
*yawning* Moooorrrning Everyone. God I love not having class till 11. :D

Favorite word? Depends on the occasion...'Love' is a big one, makes life bearable. When I'm at school 'A' would have to be the favorite. In bed...well you'll just have to find out for yourself.

I'm still too sleepy to think up something smart. :kiss:

Okay...just your being beautiful will do!!! :kiss:

OOooooh, be verwy, verwy quiet. Was that Porky Pig? Anywho, I heard a secret today, but nobody tell anybody else, K? Its a secret in this secret picture. Burn your hard drive after you look at it to destroy all evidence.

Attachments

• untitled-33.jpg
    untitled-33.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 40
Hello all, I need a big drink. Did the school clothes shopping thing. I actually felt the grey hair popping out:rolleyes:

Sept. 1st won't come fast enough for me.

ABSTRUSE said:
Hello all, I need a big drink. Did the school clothes shopping thing. I actually felt the grey hair popping out:rolleyes:

Sept. 1st won't come fast enough for me.

Torture isn't it? I'm just glad I'm already back in classes so I don't have to take my lil' sis'. She starts again tomorrow though. Thank God! Please public school system, take her away for 7 hours (or more), you're doing me the biggest favor in the world!

RebeccaLeah said:
Torture isn't it? I'm just glad I'm already back in classes so I don't have to take my lil' sis'. She starts again tomorrow though. Thank God! Please public school system, take her away for 7 hours (or more), you're doing me the biggest favor in the world!

No more like agony.:rolleyes:

RebeccaLeah said:
Silly darling. Anything I can do to help?

Hey CD. You haven't missed anything from my part of the country. :rolleyes: Just 2 econ classes.

Massive squeezes will do.

cheerful_deviant said:
2? In one day? Now to me, THAT sounds like torture. :eek:

Ok, I get to bitch for a second then....one isn't too bad, but we're just reviewing now....the other is 4999 which is as high as you can go before grad classes. What the fuck made me sign up for that???? I'm not even a major I'm just a minor.

P.S. I've got 2 and a half hours of one poly sci class later. :rolleyes:

Ok, I'm done. :D

RebeccaLeah said:
Ok, I get to bitch for a second then....one isn't too bad, but we're just reviewing now....the other is 4999 which is as high as you can go before grad classes. What the fuck made me sign up for that???? I'm not even a major I'm just a minor.

P.S. I've got 2 and a half hours of one poly sci class later. :rolleyes:

Ok, I'm done. :D

2 and a half hours of Poly Sci? Snooze fest! (At least for me) I hope your professor is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back