Series Cover Art - Is there a gallery?

MrPixel

Just a Regular Guy
I've been fooling around with simple cover art for my Barstow series and it piqued my interest in seeing what other authors have done. In poking around, it appeared to me that the only place a cover appears is on the front (web) page of the series as a thumbnail to the side. An afterthought, basically.

In my view of the literary world, a cover serves a purpose - to draw attention in a display in a bookstore, facing forward along with its kin, for the prospective readers to browse and maybe pick up to leaf through. The online equivalent would be a gallery, a page full of thumbnails large enough to do some justice to the art, which you then click on to get to the series start or index. An online shopping equivalent in my mind is Etsy, a grid of pretty images begging for your click, "Pick me, pick ME!"

Do we have such a thing and I've not found it? If there is not, should there be something like it?

Posting the image to the "New Stories Announcements" thread in the Feedback page wouldn't suffice?

No. That's not the concept. More like a bookstore display.

No. That's not the concept. More like a bookstore display.
I don't think enough writers here do covers for stories here to justify this. I have most everything I've written here covered by a marketplace cover (like my Avatar is the cover of habu's "Intensity" anthology and all of those stories are now in the file here), but I have been permitted to include the covers in the "books by members" thread in the AH and I could have (and sometimes did) include them in the new story announcement thread on the Story Feedback section. I also changed my avatar to my current cover until the system was changed so that I don't understand how to change avatars anymore.

But the bottom line is how many would have covers to put in such a gallery who can't post their covers sufficiently in the two threads provided for this?

were there issues or delays in getting your cover art added? I’ve tried twice to add an image to my series in the last month but only the text had made it.

Back