Has my cover image been published? Does it matter?

KitOwsley

Virgin
Hey, everybody, I published my first story last month. It's a 7-chapter series. After it was published, I decided to create a cover image for it. I uploaded the cover more than two weeks ago. At the same time I uploaded cover, I submitted a summary of the series. The series summary appears when I click the "Series Info" tab, but as far as I can tell, the cover image is nowehere to be found. In the Series Settings tab, it says the cover image uploaded successfully and is awaiting moderation. Would I have been informed if it was rejected? (I have no idea why it would be.)

Also, is uploading a cover image even worth the bother? I can't recall seeing cover images for any stories I've read here. I had thought my cover would increase visibility and/or traffic, but now I'm thinking it probably wouldn't.

If any readers or writers have experience with cover images, please enlighten me! Thanks!

Also, is uploading a cover image even worth the bother?
Everyone has their own calculus.

It definitely slows down the approval process. And, personally, it's non-standard enough nor integrated into the search tools I most frequent that it influences reading decisions.

The bookstore mindset is imperfect b/c there's not an expectation for every book to sell itself by way of cover browsing.

For only visibility, I wouldn't bother.

If you artistically called to do so, absolutely do so if your creativity boon outweighs the downsides.

It will be added when it is added. I suspect the only way it won't be added is if it is AI-generated.

Hey, everybody, I published my first story last month. It's a 7-chapter series. After it was published, I decided to create a cover image for it. I uploaded the cover more than two weeks ago. At the same time I uploaded cover, I submitted a summary of the series. The series summary appears when I click the "Series Info" tab, but as far as I can tell, the cover image is nowehere to be found. In the Series Settings tab, it says the cover image uploaded successfully and is awaiting moderation. Would I have been informed if it was rejected? (I have no idea why it would be.)

Also, is uploading a cover image even worth the bother? I can't recall seeing cover images for any stories I've read here. I had thought my cover would increase visibility and/or traffic, but now I'm thinking it probably wouldn't.

If any readers or writers have experience with cover images, please enlighten me! Thanks!
I’ve had series artwork take four weeks to appear. Any images take a while.

Em

Everyone has their own calculus.

It definitely slows down the approval process. And, personally, it's non-standard enough nor integrated into the search tools I most frequent that it influences reading decisions.

The bookstore mindset is imperfect b/c there's not an expectation for every book to sell itself by way of cover browsing.

For only visibility, I wouldn't bother.

If you artistically called to do so, absolutely do so if your creativity boon outweighs the downsides.
That's pretty much what I was thinking. Thanks!

Don't know that it matters, but I think it's pretty cool. I'll make sure to look for it when it shows up.

Back